[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting Job in Japan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

I just entered college a week ago at Big 10 american university. Im jlpt n3 level. The only japanese club here is Weeb club. There is international business club, but that only meets like once a month, but i still go anyway. There are no japanese people here at all except the teachers and i dont think making connections with the japanese teachers will do anything because... they are just fucking teachers. Im going to study abroad my third year.

Is there anything i can do to guarantee i live in japan after college? Should I try meeting with japanese companies at the business building?
>>
Why would you want to do this?
>>
>>3219320
dont do it
>>
Lol weeb you need to get a Japanese wife that's how ... Living in Japan isn't that great btw
>>
Please don't do this, anon. Unless you make bank on crypto and can afford not to work
>>
File: iGipz9a.jpg (18KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
iGipz9a.jpg
18KB, 210x210px
>>3219337
>>3219339
japan is nice. I was there for summer, and love speaking the language. Also, shopping is a lot nicer there and has way more places to take my girlfriend out. Only reason i see not to go is so i can i can pursue my webcomic and be like ryukishi. But idk if thats going anywhere. Is it wrong that part of reason i want to go is because i have no friends at all and think america is generally depressing?
>>3219367
i have chinese girlfriend.....
>>3219409
i got 100k on crypto

btw, im majoring in finance
>>
>>3219490
Japan's pretty nice for a vacation every now and then but living and working there is another thing altogether.

Your best bet now is to work fucking hard and get a bulge bracket investment bank internship at its Tokyo branch.

I wish I had your amount of crypto when I graduated, I probably wouldn't have to wagecuck now if I did.
>>
>>3219490
Don't join a Japanese company, you are not Japanese and you won't fit in nor get anywhere high up on the career ladder
>>
>>3219654
>>3219685
ok. thinking about it, i do prefer to be richfag in america with chinese wife. But, if i pass the jlpt n1 and have work experience here, do you think i could move to japan anytime i want? Or is it really something i only have one chance to?
>>
File: 1346648271066.jpg (32KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1346648271066.jpg
32KB, 210x240px
japanese/american hapa here to guide you a bit.
n3 is shit, my parents made me take the n1 for college applications and the day of the test I was sick as balls and was on about 3 hours of sleep, and still passed it with barely any errors. Even with this it can feel awkward from time to time as slang is a thing.
Until you can pass the n1 practically in your sleep, I would advise you to not to do this.

now that the /jp/ part ended the /biz/ part starts

depending on where you work, you will have hellish hours or normal hours, really depends on where you work.
If you tell me what you're majoring in (don't say japanese because that wont land you a job in japan) I can be a bit more specific
>>
>>3219751
Just buy a house there and go on holidays etc. Foreigner, especially american, can buy easily there.
>>
American and Japanese companies both treat their employees like garbage so apart from language barrier there's not a lot setting them apart.
>>
File: 1426385838825.png (348KB, 1865x1281px) Image search: [Google]
1426385838825.png
348KB, 1865x1281px
>>3219800
>just buy a house
unless you bleed money or plan on renting it out while you're not there, this is a bad idea
>>3219852
america:
>hey I don't want to pay you $15 to do a job that literally a monkey could do
> oh noes :(
Japan:
>Hey work 60-70 hour work weeks or I'll make sure you never work in this industry again
>>
>>3219751
yes if you make it as a trader or in some other front office role you can ask to move to Tokyo and work on the Asian markets, as an intracompany transferee. Age is not a big deal so long as you are decent at your job

git gud at your studies and you'll have a lot more options

n1 would be nice to pad your resume, but not much more
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.