[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I profit from Hurricane Harvey?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: harvey.jpg (70KB, 636x428px) Image search: [Google]
harvey.jpg
70KB, 636x428px
I'm in one of the areas that will be hurt the worst from this storm. Storms like this are fairly rare, there's going to be a LOT of damage done more than likely.

When Ike/Katrina/Rita hit I was young and had no grasp of business ventures, but with this next one I can't help but wonder how I can make this a good thing (for me) via monetizing it somehow.

Original idea occurred while stopping at a store yesterday. Found a store fairly unravaged stocked with stuff everywhere else was out of. When I was back in my car leaving I realized "...i could go buy as much water as I can fit in my car and go back into town where they're sold out and sell $2.50 worth of water for 5-10 bucks..."

I quickly opted not to do that because A. it's evil as shit and B. its illegal

So I ask you all- What are some ideas to profit on this situation once the storm clears, or immediately before (It's supposed to be at its worst for us around Monday)

-nothing illegal
-not interested in hard physical labor. Some is fine, but no "work for people helping them gut their flooded houses" type stuff
-yes I'm serious
-semi willing to travel during storm (before/after the worst of it, not during)
>>
>>3216223
Build a shelter and charge for entry.
>>
Charge 50 for miracle water vials to the Dindus
>>
If Harvey fucks up Houston, expect oil and gas prices to rise
>>
>>3216267
The best and most realistic idea.
>>
LONG WTI and Brent Crude
>>
Sell coffins, arrange funerals
>>
>>3216223
look if there's any HQ of a (major) company and buy their stock, it's probably down now so just buy and wait until it goes back up when they rebuild their operations
>>
>>3216279
if it actually passes through Houston in the coming days like the forecasts claim then there's a 100% chance this is going to be hell on earth here again unless it dies a lot faster than the predictions

When Ike hit it turned all of Houston into a scene from the walking dead. Literally stop lights dangling at eye level at intersections, houses/gas stations toppled like dominoes, fallen trees blocking roads, cars abandoned everywhere, etc etc.

anyway, to both you and >>3216305

A. I'm more interested in immediate short term high profit schemes to utilize the local situation, there's going to be a LOT high demand need and a LOT of money flowing through the area because of it once the storm dies down. For example if I knew how to replace window glass I'm sure there's going to be plenty of broken windows, etc. (but would prefer less labor intensive options)

B. I'll be without power more than likely
>>
>>3216223
Buy a trailer, load that trailer with more trailers. Drive it down to the worst hit area, sell them in an afternoon.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.