[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Isn't Ethereum Moooning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

> PoS incoming
> miner reward reduction
WHY IS NOT THIS MOONING YET?????
>>
you seriously expect to go much farther? lol
eth isn't bitcoin. get over it.
>>
>>3214601
31bn marketcap. Why isn't it mooning?
>>
>>3214613
they keep the price down
>>
its a doodie coin and not a pee pee coin
>>
>>3214601
Any details on PoS? Like what's the ROI and how many would coins to make it worthwhile?
>>
>>3214651
It's not decided yet
but I guess it will require at least 10K worth of Ether
basically it will make early adopters a lot more comfy because they will have steady income on daily basis
>>
>>3214651
Heard rumors that Ether pools will be made for POS, like POW is now. But POS will be implemented gradually, 1% POS and 99% POW first.
>>
>>3214670
>but I guess it will require at least 10K worth of Ether

10'000 ETH?

WTF

That is like over 3 million in USD.

Fucking shit.
>>
>>3214601

> miner reward reduction
well if you considered the difficulty bomb and delay it is a net increase.

Also there is a new class of investors on the playing field (Big-ICOs) who are natural sellers of ETH, which should dampen the rallies.
>>
>>3214601
imagine if BTC changes its PoW because of the Bcash fued, and they change it to... Ethash.
>>
>>3215273

Pretty sure he means ten thousand dollars worth of ETH.
>>
>>3214606
Eth is litteraly internet 2.0, if you don't see overtaking bitcoin ( a technology far inferior to MONERO) you are blind
>>
>>3214601
Why isn't it mooning. Why. WHY.
>>
Too far away and there's other cryptos with large news closer that are pumping first, ETH will rise in a couple weeks or so. I'm not expecting anything crazy though, just for it to go above .1 again.
>>
>>3215341
why would it be based on dollars
>>
>>3216177
Like?

Nothing seems to be pumping atm
>>
wait for metropolis.
>>
File: Moonsoon.png (45KB, 865x416px) Image search: [Google]
Moonsoon.png
45KB, 865x416px
Here it comes!
>>
smart money is taking its profits with XMR and lisk and moving to ETH at this very moment
>>
>>3214601
What makes you think it's not priced in already?
>>
>>3214651
currently it's 1000 eth
vitalik has said he wants that down to 30 and there will be pools so even if you have three you can still stake

ROI is a real big wildcard based on how many people wish to stake

>>3215343
I don't know if it will ever be that. However, ICOs for erc20 tokens could be all that ETH needs, and it's doing that right now.

>>3216796
because it's not for months/years
they have a POC on python that hasn't been released, long way away from working
>>
>>3214601
because it's a scamcoin full of bugs
>>
yo boys, how does PoS system works?

Where do they take power to support blockchain?
>>
>>3216895
Users that take part in the security of PoS blockchain are required to demonstrate possesion of a certain amount of coins (having a stake).
The idea behind it is that acquiring large amounts of coins is relatively difficult which can be compared to buying mining devices, the process of mining itself, energy costs etc.
>>
>>3217149
Alright.
Where do new blocks come from?
>>
>>3217167
Nodes create blocks, which doesn't require a lot of computing power at all.
You can for example run a $5 server, store your wallet on the server and run a node.
>>
>>3217167
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/9082/what-is-proof-of-stake
>>
>>3216895
PoS is like thinking George Soros will do the best for us because he is the most wealthy one.
>>
>>3217329
Thank you)
>>
>>3216535
What site is this anon? I'm tired of bittrex shitty charts.
>>
>>3217334
??? The wealthy dominate everything regardless of whether it's PoW or PoS. I'm not dirt poor but i'm not rich enough to buy and set up GPUs just for a mining rig. At least I can contribute my small amount of ETH to a staking pool.
>>
>>3217355
https://cryptowatch.de/gdax/ethusd/1h
>>
File: cute.png (3MB, 2374x1874px) Image search: [Google]
cute.png
3MB, 2374x1874px
>>3217668

how do i even read this
>>
>>3214601

eth doesn't really moon, it just slowly crawls up over long periods of time. regardless its a moon after a 365 day period, when your money is worth double what it was before anyways
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.