[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it too late to get on the coding/programming train?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Elliot-Rodger.jpg (298KB, 2197x1463px) Image search: [Google]
Elliot-Rodger.jpg
298KB, 2197x1463px
Is it too late to get on the coding/programming train?
>>
>>3211139
No
>>
>>3211139
Yes
>>
>>3211139
You can still hop in.
The automatisation in the average company is not very high yet.

Be sure to do robotics as well.
>>
never too late
>>
also if ur talking about as a career u might wanna aim for the computer science/Engineering train because everyone need it. get that 60k salary easy
>>
Who is this guy again?
>>
STEM is dead. If you're not in FIRE you're going to be a cube drone the rest of your life.
>>
File: 586ba45edd08952b208b4ba0-2400.jpg (603KB, 2400x1576px) Image search: [Google]
586ba45edd08952b208b4ba0-2400.jpg
603KB, 2400x1576px
>>3211160
>specialize in robotics
>FUCK YEAH! I'M GOING TO MAKE MECHAS
>1st day on the job
>wtf? are you a roomba?
>>
>>3211186
>FIRE
>not cube drone
>>
why on earth would anyone think it's too late to learn how to program
>>
>>3211224
what if you're 35?
>>
>>3211176

as a new grad its pretty rough out there. i had 4 software development internships, graduated in june, and only accepted an offer at the beginning of this month. its below average for the area (Seattle), but it was the best offer i got so i took it.

if you want to be ahead of the curve, work a software development gig while going to school. all of the people that did this got really good offers in Seattle/Silicon Valley/New York.
>>
>>3211341
Interesting.

Im not a cmpsci student, but my compsi friend is in his final year of college, and hes alrrady had an offer from his internship for 120k base a year + options + amenities

To be fair hes at stanford, i hear they are pretty in demand
>>
>>3211503
even communications or political science majors at stanford get great jobs earning tons of money
>>
STEM - Science Tech Eng Math

FIRE - Finance , ___, ___, ___ ?
>>
>>3211139
Software developer here.
Here is the thing - if you're gonna be coding for a salary, no its not worth it. You'll be pressured by clients, managers, and coworkers, and this is not a profession where you're more valued with age. Most of the work is building CRUDs, you have to know people or be TRULY talented to work on good research projects. If you're hired on as a consultant/ "subject matter expert", expect to be thrown into the fire with minimal training of company products and have an obligation to deliver the shit sales promised the clients (the world), As an employee you will be pressured by cheaper outsourced competition at both high end (central-eastern Europe) and low end (south-south-east asia).

The ONLY reason to go into software is to build your own products. Ideally you spent your college years looking for bright, highly motivated people to make a team and build a prototype that is favorably received by the market. From there the paths are limitless - unloading the product to incubators/investors and leaving with the core group to start the next one (serial entrepreneur path), or growing privately. This path will allow you to control your destiny and work with the best people that you picked yourself, or at least where your word counts.

If you're not as cocky as to follow this path, your best chance at fulfillment and financial independence is creating a small saas product that supplements your income and allows you to use discretion when picking jobs and coworkers.
>>
Do Information Systems, the code monkey new grad jobs are over saturated rn

It's boring as fuck but it's one of the highest demand majors right now
>>
>>3212296
gay
>>
>>3211594
finance
insurance
retail or real estate
engineering
>>
>>3212296
>this is not a profession where you're more valued with age.

As opposed to what?
>>
>>3212685
WHAT Are some examples of jobs with information systems
>>
>>3211139
It's never too late but it won't be as profitable as 10 years ago, on average. On average is the important part. You can still make $$$$$$ if you're creative.
>>
>>3212685
is this a fucking degree? never heard of it desu
>>
>>3211139
uhhhhh dont get into programming....get into the network side of things. Get into how networks operate and communicate with eachother, every company big or small needs their network up and running. Not every company needs a programmer to design a webpage.
>>
>>3211139
What the fuck kind of question is this? Just google some tutorials and see if you like it. If you don't think it's cool as fuck then don't bother. Easy. As a programmer you'll have to get used to googling hundreds of things a day anyway.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.