[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From a financial standpoint, is it a bad idea to lease a new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0058.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0058.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
From a financial standpoint, is it a bad idea to lease a new car rather than just buying one?
>>
Yes. The car dealer is willing to take the risk of you going default on this loan, so you'll have to pay interest in exchange for monthly payments. Eventually you'll be off worse.

Buy a second hand car, only people with money to blow should buy new cars.
>>
>>3185682

That's not true. Buying a used car=maintenance costs and less lifespan.

Buying a new car=reliable, guaranteed issue-free for at least 60k miles, warranty, new car with new features, newer materials and longer lifespan, car actually worth something, you build your credit rating.

When you own the car for a few years, if you picked a good car that retains its value more than others, you can sell it and get a new car that is more expensive, yet have the same monthly payments.

My mom worked her way up to a 45k+ car from cars that were dirt cheap like hyundai sonata years ago, while keeping her monthly payments almost constant.

Buying old used cars is a meme, and only boomers and financially unsavvy people fall for it.
>>
>>3185682
I have a used car and it's a lemon with a slew of problems. I just don't want the trouble of having to rebuild the husk of a shit car, so I figure buying new is what I should do.
>>
Depends on how much driving you do, if a lot then it is worth it, if just to your 9-5 office job, get used
>>
>>3185660
>>3185660
Listen closely. There is no correct answer.

Leasing is SOMETIMES the best option.
Buying is SOMETIMES the best option.

How to determine the best option for you?
1. Find a car you are interested in, or a few.
2. Look at the ACTUAL prices for leasing or buying that specific car.
3. Do the math and decide for yourself.

The “correct” answer is different in every case.

...that being said, I recently went through this myself and researched prices for 10-15 different cars. The difference between leasing or buying was only $500-$1,000 in any direction. So eventually I said Fuck it and decided to lease. It wasn’t the best financial decision, but at most I’m losing out on $1,000. And now i have the luxury of driving a brand new car for 3 years, and all the maintenance is paid for. It feels good because I fucking hate dealing with cars (fixing them, buying, selling them, etc.)
>>
I have another question. I am a ford wagie, and I have access to A plan. Is buying a new car with it a good idea?
>>
>>3185701
So much wrong with this post
>>
>>3185660

Cars are the worst investment out there.

Unless you have money to devalue %20 right when you leave the lot.

By a used reliable car that has been looked at by a mechanic.
>>
>>3185703
Go to >>>/o/ for better information, there are sometimes threads for exactly these things
>>
>>3185682
>>3185701
The redpill of buying cars is when you realize buying 1-2 year old used cars is the best. They are less likely to have huge problems, they were only sold because some rich fuck got bored, and since they aren't technically new they have a huge price decrease relative to new cars.
>>
>>3185735

they are just going to tell him to buy a miata or some ricer
>>
>>3185703
get a civic
>>
>>3185748
In the same way people here tell you to buy digibyte on yobit, but if you read through the bullshit you get good advice

Or look for an archived thread from a used car dealer ama
>>
>>3185701
>guaranteed issue-free for at least 60k miles

You have to maintain any car. Fluids will always have to be replaced at a certain interval, certainly not 60k. Definition of issue free is loose here.

>car actually worth something

The moment you roll out of the dealership, you've lost a couple of grand of value.

>you build your credit rating

Can't argue with this.

>When you own the car for a few years, if you picked a good car that retains its value more than others, you can sell it and get a new car that is more expensive, yet have the same monthly payments.

I have never read a dumber thing in my life. Cars are the worst fucking investments ever, coming from a car guy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.