[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting your parents into Crypto: stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

share your stories about getting your parents into Crypto

>mom
>was one of the first users of the internet
>hasn't kept up with internet tech. but considers herself an "internet expert"
>I tell her about crypto currency
>she has $800 that she is saving to build a tiny house with
>wants to invest in crypto
>can barely follow on-screen instructions
>gives me $20 in cash for some BTC, wants to watch that for awhile before she decides to invest
>keeps moving her money around to different wallets
>now has >$13 in BTC
>feelsbadman.jpg, doesn't want to invest anymore
>keeps mining satoshi's on her cellphone
>has mined 10k satoshis
>feels like she is getting rich

is it even possible for old people to crypto?
>>
sent ;)
>>
>>3170711
>she is now researching BCH

help me redpill her on the BCH scam /biz/
>>
My father actually knew about Bitcoin before me in 2009.
>>
File: 1494170356029.png (335KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1494170356029.png
335KB, 633x758px
my mom tells me now that someone tried to get her to buy 10k bitcoins for $20 back in the day and she obviously didn't do it
>>
>>3170711
My parents don't need the money, and they've always thought I was weird because of my obsession with computers.

They will know only what they ask me about crypto, which is nothing, because they don't give a shit.
>>
File: 1430453422386.png (45KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1430453422386.png
45KB, 633x758px
>>3171031
I showed her this post, and now she is trying to remember, says she might have actually bought some bitcoin and they might be on some old harddrive or computer laying around

WHAT DO I DO BIZ? SHE IS NOT INTERESTED IN LOOKING BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR
>>
>>3171128
Look, for her sake? Ur mom sounds dumb so if u find it send some to ur wallet
>>
File: 1502963555407.jpg (32KB, 470x698px) Image search: [Google]
1502963555407.jpg
32KB, 470x698px
My uncle fucked me in the ass and mined all my bitcoins.
>>
>>3171128
lmao I'd be looking through all of her hard drives instead of wasting time on /biz/ if I were you
>>
>>3171151
part of me wants to do this, the rest of me thinks there is no way she could have a fortune lying around on some old harddrive.
>>
>>3171128
You know, I found 0.05 bitcoin on a wallet on an old HDD of mine. I got it from an onion site which was giving it away for pressing a button lmao
>>
Mum got drunk and gave me £500 to slam into BTC. Put it all on DGB at 250SAT with BTC at $1600ish.

She's made a lot of profit though not as much as if I'd actually sold the bags. Keeping it in DGB because I believe in it and she won't cash out any time soon. If she gives me more I'll keep it in BTC.
>>
>>3170711
>dad is an experienced investor, stocks real estate and options.
>"Papa, I've started looking into cryptocurrencies, there's this one called ethereum that is supposed to be the new bitcoin."
>November 2016, ETH around 11
>"ok son, here's $5,000 ill be happy if I double my money."
>next few months of stagnation and slight loss, feel like I brought my dad into a possible pyramid scheme.
>Suddenly in March, ETH doubles.
>"ok son, I'm ready to sell"
>"you sure dad? It might go up way more, you don't really need 5 grand, let it ride."
>"I doubled, I'm happy"
>cash out, watch as ETH continues to moon, text my dad the price every day.
>pop pop could have had 165,000 on a 5 grand investment but pulled out because 100% is a killing in any other investment.
>parents just don't understand
>>
File: yhzhzhz.png (3MB, 1677x973px) Image search: [Google]
yhzhzhz.png
3MB, 1677x973px
>>3170711
>>feelsbadman.jpg, doesn't want to invest anymore
losing my shit at this picture zoomed full screen hahaha
>>
Bought eth when it was $50, told parents, my mother was in the tech department of a huge satellite company, worked on Oracle and shit, gives me enough for 10 eth, told her it was at $400 and she bought ten more, she's still holding it and actually doing research on other projects now, she doesn't day trade though, just invests and waits, she's obsessed with metal now.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.