[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you literally do nothing to secure your crypto gainz?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: security -.png (511KB, 590x732px) Image search: [Google]
security -.png
511KB, 590x732px
Why do you literally do nothing to secure your crypto gainz?

Trusting it to an exchange or computer wallet?

Do you want to lose all your money?

A good safe and a couple of hardware wallets is literally under 2000 dollars. That is nothing compared to what you stand to lose.

inb4 no replies, as no one cares about security.
>>
still more than I have, kek
>>
I have a trezor. Is that good?
>>
File: 1476194517342.jpg (55KB, 640x623px) Image search: [Google]
1476194517342.jpg
55KB, 640x623px
>>3167127
>That trezor
>>
>>3167144

If you have somewhere safe to store the seed its under 100 dollars for a hardware wallet.
>>
But yor coins are locked if chain colapses and you cant move to exchange to sell
>>
>>3167127
>not TL-30
you don't care either
>>
>>3167147

They both seem pretty good. I haven't been able to find any articles listing security weaknesses on either.
>>
>>3167127
$2000? Go rent a safe deposit box, ya noob!
>>
why do you care anyway, I will ask a leading developer of upcoming ICO who is also MIT graduate, about my opsec.
kek
>>
>>3167161

This is a pretty decent safe, paired with CCTV + UPS and weighing over 160 kg chances are that I will know it has been stolen before the thief manages to crack into it, and figure figure out what he has.

The trezor and the Ledger both have 6 digit pins that can't be brute forced, so don't have to worry about securing them.
>>
>>3167189
>$2000? Go rent a safe deposit box, ya noob!

Yeah, too much of a pain. This way I have access to whatever I need from the safe when I need it. Also a good place to keep your passport etc.
>>
I bought a trezor but my operating system is too old so it wont work,and i dont want a new computer.
>>
>>3167282

Use some gains and get a new computer...
>>
>>3167127
ayo nigga lemme just walk out wid dat safe real quick
>>
File: dumbernow.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dumbernow.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>3167127
Is your code written on the fucking safe?
>>
>>3167202
True dat. I worry more about fire though than burglary.
>>
>>3167127
>tfw brainwallet master race
>>
>>3167127
Can someone explain how wallets get hacked, like an IOTA? How secure is a password that's comprised of words/numbers? I like passwords I can memorize but I hadn't considered how insecure it is.
>>
>>3167127
got a trez
>>
>>3167127
Too poor to afford a strongbox. Also, I have nothing to protect (poorfag, remember?).
>>
because trezor had a security issue and Ledgers' are on backorder for like 4 month into the future. i first went to buy one in may or something and the ship date is now september.
>>
>>3168257
All you have to do with trezor is use passphrase encryption and even you won't be able to get your coins if you forget that passphrase.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.