[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lost all my money trading crypto.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 12

File: FUCK MY LIFE.png (340KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK MY LIFE.png
340KB, 600x583px
Guys I'm at my wits end. Went from 15k to 1k in the span of 3 months. I just keep losing money. I suck at trading. Every time I buy anything the market moves against me immediately. As soon as I buy the coin it drops by 5%. I don't know why this keeps happening to me.

It's not like I'm a complete retard. I have a university degree, so I'm not insanely stupid. I spent MONTHS studying TA now. I know all of the patterns, indicators, everything. But I just keep losing money.

I went from 3k>15k>1k. Made the most money when I just bought random coins from 4chan. Then I thought I can do it better with TA. But I'm losing all my money. My GF is going to kill me for losing our money.

I also have the problem of not knowing what indicators to use. I just keep flip flopping between them. ANY help from a profitable trader would be really appreciated. This really sucks.

I'm losing my health, hair, can't sleep worrying about losing all my money.

If anybody is willing to help me you can also email me : [email protected]
>>
>>3158930

Oh yeah not to mention. When I had the 15k I was bragging to family about being an elite trader. So my uncle gave me 500$ to trade for him. And now I lost all his fucking money and I can't give it back to him FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUCK
>>
I know you dont want to admit it, but you are buying near ATH or trying to time the dips in a volatile market
>>
Look at coins with big volume. There's always a price where it stabalizes and only sometimes go under it. Buy on that price hold till it gets gains. Its that easy
>>
>>3158961
Could you give me a practical example? tnx
>>
>>3158930
Step 1: Don't sell below what you paid for.
Step 2: see step one
Stop being impatient
>>
>>3158960

I lost 3k yesterday trying to time the bitcoin cash dips/trying to get in on another pump but it just kept dropping like crazy

FUCK

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO NOW
>>
>>3158930
learn to fucking hold and don't buy these shitty meme coins from /biz/
>>
>>3158980
Dont listen to this guy.
Step 1 is not being too greedy
>>
>>3158980

I have the problem that I actually NEED the money I trade with to pay for rent ETC. Which is why I get impatient.. This fucking sucks. And sometimes it's just not realistic to hold, imagine if somebody bought dgb at 2k, they'd still be fucked for months
>>
BTC HODL
>>
1. Google "cryptocurrency discord"
2. if you find one on reddit, join it.
3. Post in the "Trading Help" section, something to indicate it's you.
4. I will PM you. Be prepared for a short lecture.

I will help you.
>>
>Thinking looking at the graphs will help you in crypto. Cage.gif

It's all a psychology game you fuck, look for big names/phrases (e.g. money skeleton, CHINA, Mayweather) and jump on it.

And don't buy into pumps, the money is already gone when you buy in.
>>
File: good goy you.png (121KB, 320x347px) Image search: [Google]
good goy you.png
121KB, 320x347px
THANKS FOR THE FUCKING SHEKELS AHAHAHAHAHA
RETARDED GOY
>>
>>3158930
> I spent MONTHS studying TA now. I know all of the patterns, indicators, everything. But I just keep losing money.

Have you tried not using voodoo to play the market?
>>
>>3158991
Did you buy when the price was showing signs of going up, or you just tought "its low now, so i'll buy and will eventually go up"?
>>
>>3158930
>I have a university degree, so I'm not insanely stupid.

On the contrary
>>
>>3158930
Follow these steps anon
>Diversify your portfolio between safe holds (BTC/ETH), mid-risk holds (NEO/OMG) and shill pnd coins
>TA is useful only for entry points
>If you continually see one coin being shilled on /biz/ for over 3 weeks there's probably some legs to it as a PnD
>>
>>3158930
all you had to do was to basically buy some BTC and do nothing
>>
>>3158930
Having a degree doesn't mean you aren't dumb as rocks. What was your degree in? If it's not stem related than you wasted money getting a degree and you are probably not intelligent enough for crypto.
Throw whatever is left in neo, eth, and BTC and wait for November when it splits.
>>
>>3158971
Um, well, Monero.

$20 for weeks. Jumps.
Then, recently, $45 for weeks. Jumps.

Coins that have been in top 20 mcap for over two weeks are generally like this.
>>
Lel made 10k in three days.

Git gud faggot.
>>
>>3158930
Alright, this is bait but i'll bite.

At this point in the game theres only two things that will make you lose in crypto:
>investing in complete shitcoins
>selling low

As long as you dont buy something thats called a fucktoken it literally doesnt matter how much something crashes; HODL for a few months and you'll sell for profit.

>I'm losing my health, hair, can't sleep worrying about losing all my money.
This is the case for a lot of people. You shouldnt be in crypto. This shit is so soul sucking. Its been fucking with me hard. Im gonna try and make some Moon gains from here to mid Sept and then im just leaving that shit alone for the most part.
>>
>>3159040

and get 1.25x your money during the BCC airdrop
>>
>>3158930
>>3159016
And come prepared to learn some things you might dislike, but need to hear and will help you later.
>>
File: guide.png (739KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
guide.png
739KB, 1920x1080px
>>3158930
worry not, I got your back, this pic is all you need for the next 6 months
>>
>>3159016

Hey, I just sent a msg in the discord
>>
>>3159012
idk fampai sounds like you're doing everything right to me
>>3159068
good man
>>
>>3159068
can I join too? I would like to listen
>>
File: mensch_werden.gif (2MB, 314x228px) Image search: [Google]
mensch_werden.gif
2MB, 314x228px
Buy an asset to quantity of Q for a price P and then set a sell limit of
96% of Q
at a price of
1.05 · P
and don't touch it.
When the asset goes up by +5% and you sell, you get your investment back (as 0.96 · 1.05 = 1) and you acquire 4% of Q.

As long as the asset doesn't break down forever, this makes money.
The penalty for bad timing is just that the coin might take forever to reach the +5%, but you can't lose money.
>>
>>3159167

What if you buy DGB for price P which would be 2k and it dumps to 300 and stays there for years?
>>
>>3159240
why the fuck would you have bought dgb at 2k?
>>
>>3159165
>>3159016
I am coming too. dis gon be gud
>>
>>3158953
>my uncle gave me 500$ to trade for him.
Never take money from someone else to do high risk invesment
>>
>>3159240
I said
>As long as the asset doesn't break down forever, this makes money.
>>
a 100% safe investment is the meme coin atm.
started at $1200 2 months ago and i'm at $2700 now.really no lie
>>
>>3158930
Stop buying shit coins holy shit
>>
wheres this dischord?
>>
>>3158930
Dude.... how did you finish school? Was it just handed to you? Like do you know what it's like to really study and learn something? Your saying things but the result shows you've learned nothing.
>>
Should have just HODLed shorting is risky
>>
>>3158930
Flip your monitor while trading then.
>>
>>3158930
If you managed to lose 93% of your money in the biggest bull market in crypto history it's just not for you.
Go away before you inevitably lose that last $1k.
>>
>>3159387
School measures how much information you are able to retain and/or work ethic, not intelligence.

Some of the dumbest fuckers I've ever met got straight A's in college because they autistically studied and buttered up profs.
>>
File: aaaaaah.jpg (47KB, 593x492px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaah.jpg
47KB, 593x492px
>>3158930
THIS CRYPTO GAME IS DRIVING ME NUTS AND BROKE AAAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACANT TAKE IT ANYMORRRREE HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>3159429
This is very true, school is design to teach retention and regurgitation

>>3159425
OP could have margin traded
>>
>>3158930
Don't buy shit that's shit. Buy shit that's good, hodl that shit. You're fists will be full of money.
>>
File: Bussines.gif (8KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
Bussines.gif
8KB, 128x128px
you are playing against people with an established trading plan.

some are on 1 min 5 min candles, pulling every technical trading stunt in the book.

There are cold money hungry people with thousands of trading hours behind them.

It's a very hard game to win.
>>
>>3159512

How to determine whether something is good or shit? There are so many coins.
>>
>>3159425
>>3159519

By no means am I a pro but I agree with these guys. The only way to do good if you are at god tier level is to do research and hodl good coins. Even then its risky.

But like the other anon said, If you arent making money in this market, you are god awful. And TRUST ME the stock market is 10x harder with less gains.
>>
File: OMG.jpg (545KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OMG.jpg
545KB, 1920x1080px
This is about 70% reliable, timing and patience is key.
>>
>>3159519

How the fuck is everyone on 4chan making insane gains then? I just don't get it.
>>
>>3159537
Stay with in the top 50 coins on coin market cap. Research those (white papers) (goals and vision) (likelyhood it will happen) and then look into ICOs for future top 50 coins.

Stop gambling and do research biz bro
>>
When I first started I lost all my money. Now I'm up. If you want to win, you have to find something with lots of potential early, then hold for a month or two before selling. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>3159543
I do it for fun.

>>3159556
Bullish market.

They hold small cap coins, like penny stocks and just HODL for weeks until they blow up.

No real trading is involved.
>>
stop day trading/doing technical analysis, buy promising low marketcap coins/tech, research.

you are getting eaten alive by bots/algorithims, whales, and better, more experienced traders and effectively gambling
>>
>>3158930
>>3158953

CRYPTO

IS

GAMBLING

ANYONE WHO MAKES BANK IS LUCKY, THEY WILL ATTRIBUTE IT TO SKILL BUT IT'S NOT, IT'S LUCK

WHEN THEY FAIL THEY ATTRIBUTE IT TO WHAT THEY INVESTED IN

Only buy shit that has "mainstream" backing. Stox would have been good, Avalon maybe too.

Altcoins are unpredictable.
>>
I didn't trade at all and didn't even think about Bitcoin and doubled my money. Maybe TA doesn't even work, or you should try the long-term investing.
>>
>>3159537
what >>3159558 said.

Also, check out Gainers and Losers under the 'Trending Tab' on coinmarketcap, look at the volume and check out those that have more than 500k so you don't end up with shitty coins. Accumulate then sell. Do not be greedy.
>>
Please just please realize you are too dumb to time the market (just like anyone else), the smartest thing you could do is to understand you are not smart. Invest half of your money in iconomi's index found and half in iconomi's token, dont look at anything for 6 months, go ti coinmarketcap and realize you did the right thing, send me hookers and coke or send me some Dash at XiM3KMjwdeSVkfkyWR9Wj6MRKPmADphqL7
Now fuck off, ho to work so you can male more money which you will bè investing in crypto
>>
>>3158930
>Made the most money when I just bought random coins from 4chan.
this is how we all do it bro. just become a living meme and buy the 4chan coins
>>
>>3159619
Not really. Sure alot of people just gamble essentially but just like every market, there is alot of skill involved. HOW CAN I PROVE IT??

1.There are People who consistently make more money than they lose.

2. If it were gambling then anyone could do but that fact is, if you opened an account with a lot of money to someone who hasnt traded ever THEY WILL BLOW IT ALL
>>
>bull market
>lose 93% of your stack
How did you possibly fuck up this badly?
>>
>>3159073
Does Monaco even have a website? Google shows nothing
>>
>>3159653
>Invest half of your money in iconomi's index found and half in iconomi's token
Is the index fund ICNX and the token ICN?
>>
Buy high sell low
>>
I have the same problem. Everything I buy goes down. Everything I sell goes up. I have a curse. One could profit immensely just by doing the opposite of whatever I do. Sadly because of my curse I can't use that strategy.

I haven't lost much money in $ terms, but my opportunity cost for being in shitcoins instead of BTC has been huge. I'm done with shitcoin speculating. Just going to hold BTC and ETH from now on
>>
>>3158930

You fool, you should have known what you were doing.
>>
This one time I got so sick of bitcoin actively fucking me over that I bought 5k worth of ether just to prove the point that shit always crashes when I buy.
Ether crashed a few minutes later.
>>
>>3159556
selection bias and this is a anonymous board, you would be a fool to take what these people say here as truthful and reliable.

you went from 3k to 1k, easy come easy go, learn your lesson and move on.
>>
>>3159716
mona.co
>>
>>3158930
>wasted months "studying" """technical"" """analysis""""

There's your problem. "TA" is a sciencey sounding meme marketed for fools. Memorising a bunch of rules about so called indicators which are nothing more than glorified filters and actual pseudo-science won't make you a good trader.

>inb4 some cool story about successful TA
Good intuition gauging sentiment and fundamentals, good risk management and/or good luck. Using TA was probably incidental as most so called TA is mathematically and physically bullshit or at least redundant.

I'm doing you a favour op. Most of the time when I see idiots talking about TA in here or discords I just smile and nod. The more mathematically illiterate traders believing in static astrology-tier strategies the better afaic.
>>
>>3159718
Yup the index fund has been rebranded in blx now but it's the same thing
>>
>>3159669
This. I have a solid paycheck to back my losses. I learned the hard when then studied to minimize losses and increase wins.
>>
>>3159669
I think poker is a good analogy. yes there may be strategies to employ that will increase your likelihood of being successful, but the very root of the game is based on chance
>>
>>3159888
>studied to minimize losses and increase wins.

mind me asking how to begin doing this? study what?
>>
>>3159619

Not entirely correct, crypto is gambling with the odds in your favour because the market on the whole is increasing. Statistically pure random choices should net you a profit.

Secondly there's an important distinction to make, to a certain extent there is a probabilistic variable to *anything* you do in life.

You could buy gold or vanguard etfs and there is a statistically significant chance the entire market collapses, you could buy property and there's a statistically significant chance the world devolves into some post apocalyptic scenario where guns are more valuable and there are no laws to protect housing. You get my point.

So now that we've established that all things carry *some* form of incalculable, unpredictable risk the question is what defines "gambling" how most people see it, I would describe that as any scenario where your knowledge and understanding and skill can not improve your base chances where your expected profit is greater than zero.

Ie if you bet on a coin flip to double your money, that's gambling since you have a 50% chance of increasing your money 2x. However if someone offered you a coin flip with a reward of 10x, you should , mathematically, bet your life savings on it. I believe that a persons understanding of crypto, public perception, and a whole host of other countless skills and understanding can tip the scales ever so slightly in your favour, makes crypto not gambling. Furthermore in crypto the only person you have to outperform is the average person, and they are dumbfucks. Even the way whales manipulate the market proves it isn't gambling per se.
>>
>>3159950
Fundamentals in researching my investments along with basic momentum, RSI over sold/over bought and market patterns. I always check the rumor mill, social media, etc. as the added media attention.

There is alot of chance involved in this game. I would rather bag hold a poor choice then sell at a loss. Just choose fewer bag coins these days.
>>
>>3158930

A market is a tool for transferring money from the impatient (you) to the patient (people like me).

Have you considered that in a completely unregulated market that people may be using technical analysis to fool you into believing whatever you're seeing on the charts?

Technical analysis is a waste of time. You are now a statistic, just one of millions of average people who thought they could play "inside baseball". Stop. Immediately.

If you're determined to continue in crypto, buy into an ICO that seems promising. There are none on my radar right now.

And then hold. That's all you have to do.
>>
>>3159980
If they offered you 10x for dice rolls you should martingale that shit beyond infinity.
If they offered you 10x for a single dice roll it's still a proposition only the risk inclined would take, even though it is statistically in your favor to do so -- you could lose it all.
Some of us are in the second "if" condition with crypto and the aforementioned curse; it's as if bots find accounts to single out and then trade against them viciously so as to squeeze the person into making a series of loss decisions.
>>
>>3159921
and TA is like reading the other poker players for tells, it's the last thing you need to learn about the game, not the first
>>
>>3159810

How do you trade then?
>>
>>3159012
step 3: don't trade with money that you can't lose
>>
>>3160053
Should one not bother with buying into BTC? Even to hold long-term, like 5 years?
>>
>>3159012
Buying DGB at 2k would have been stupid too.

OP you said that you studied TA but I call bullshit because you're doing everything else wrong

>Getting emotional with trades because you need the money for rent

>Not fucking determining first whether the coin has been going up and is at like +50% already.

You want to know a surefire way to not lose money? Don't see a dip and be like "this looks good it just went down!"

ZOOM OUT THE FUCKING CHART. Does it look like it's been fluctuating for a while, and you're buying the bottom of the pattern? Good trade.

Did it dip after it went up again, but the previous time it went up it went up to a lower high? stop and consider if the coin is DROPPING as a whole instead of just fluctuating or rising.
>>
>>3159240
This is how I know you aren't doing things right.

A non retard would have seen that DGB just pumped 2000% in the past month, and stayed far away. Stop. Chasing. Moon missions.
>>
File: IMG_9526.jpg (58KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9526.jpg
58KB, 500x508px
There are nice advices in this thread... i lost half of my money trading crypto and know how you feel
>>
>>3160053
>A market is a tool for transferring money from the impatient (you) to the patient (people like me).
Ah, but there's a funny part to that.
Unlike many markets, most people just want from crypto is to profit from it. The only thing anyone ever 'uses' it for is buying drugs/etc, and they're a vast minority.
So there's almost no inherent creation of impatience for the sake of convenience.
The only impatience you'll find is from emotion of others looking to profit.
So patience in crypto is not something consistent enough for me to bet on. That's why I avoid short term crypto like the plague.

Long term, on the other hand, has promise. In technological superiority, security, deflation, etc.
It's a very good bet, assuming your coin choices aren't absolutely ridiculous or baseless.
>>
File: 1503097010375.jpg (641KB, 1920x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1503097010375.jpg
641KB, 1920x1117px
>>3158930
Quit fomo trading dumbass. Learn self control. Use Moving averages and RSI and MACD and Stochastics. Some days your wont even find a good trade. Sometimes, a trade will take a few days to be profitable.
>>
>>3158930
thanks for the money anon
>>
>>3159039

>>TA is useful only for entry points

I'm delving into TA right now and that seems to be the right statement.

I disagree with NEO and OMG though, I think both are hyped up shit coins, for mid-risk holds I'd be looking more towards Monero and maybe Augur/Factom/Golem/Sia, but to each their own.
>>
>>3158930
Anon I don’t believe you about being smart and studying TA I literally just make sure I don’t buy ATH and I’m 30x up in the last 2 month there’s nothing else to it
>>
>>3159410
>>3158930

best answer desu
>>
>>3161151

how do you determine what to buy
>>
>>3159012
*sigh*
Anon, you can NOT time the market. Day trading DOES NOT work.

Don't invest what you can't afford to loose. How many time have people told you this?

Just buy promising coins and HODL it's that fucking simple.

>B-bbut I I need i-it for rent
NO, FUCK NO. Only trade with what you can hold and be patient for or the whales WILL REK you
Since you like gambling so much (which is day trading) go play a dice he and hope you win.
>>
>>3159519
Oooor the market is just unpredictable and you are full of shit.

Jeezes Christ the arrogance and retardation on /biz/
>>
File: 1499921403146.jpg (84KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1499921403146.jpg
84KB, 400x400px
>>3158930
(((YOU)))
>>
File: IMG_0133.png (126KB, 402x398px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0133.png
126KB, 402x398px
>>3161149
>thinks NEO is a shit coin
>>
File: jhgfjhfj.png (254KB, 472x410px) Image search: [Google]
jhgfjhfj.png
254KB, 472x410px
>>3158930
Pls don't buy BNB :"(
>>
>>3158930
dude wtf

just put it in eth man
>>
OP, Ive never once used technical anaylsis and went from 11k to 70k since march. Throw that shit out, look up coins, buy rumors and sell news.
>>
>>3159240
I bought some dgb at $2k. I'm just gonna hodl. Luckily, i'm not stupid enough to go all-in on any coin. Have my holdings between about 16 coins right now. I just hodl all of them. Ever time one pumps to at least 10% more than what i paid, i sell. Over the summer it's been slow going, but i know eventually everything pumps (unless the devs left). I started with $300 last november. At my highest my coins where worth around $20,000. Now they are down to about $9000. But i've never sold a coin at a loss yet.
>>
>>3158930
Your literally just fucking retarded
>>
>>3161149
Those are all shitcoins compared to NEO.
I'd tell you to board the ARK right now but I don't think you'd listen to me.
>>
>>3161565
Not XMR ofc but the other 4.
>>
>>3161449
>buy rumors and sell news.
Explain pls
>>
>>3161579
If you hear a rumor about a new feature or announcement, buy the coin. There's often some truth behind it.
When the rumor is confirmed, the price will spike and you sell.
>>
>>3159545
This is true
>>
>>3158930
>It's not like I'm a complete retard. I have a university degree, so I'm not insanely stupid. I spent MONTHS studying TA now.

Still not smart enough to realize TA is a sham.
>>
>>3159012
Cherrypicked example compared to the 500x other trades you failed on. I'm sorry for you man. People tout TA like it's real, but it's a great way to lose money. The volume of money coming in on a pump is greater than the slow bleed you see, you are usually less likely to catch an upswing than a slow bleed. Plus with the random amounts of money coming in, from random amounts of people, TA does not effectively predict this. It is a gross oversimplification, no matter how detailed and technical your practices are.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.