[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have experience running or working as an executive in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1502685394853.png (457KB, 512x444px) Image search: [Google]
1502685394853.png
457KB, 512x444px
Anyone have experience running or working as an executive in a tech company/start-up?

Share your stories, currently running one that I helped found around a year ago.

Will post more information later.
>>
>>3138860
>hiring new project manager for our main product
>seems like an easy going diplomatic guy
>as he starts he is always the first person to leave official early and say he works from home
>see no evidence of this
>starts planning out project, few scrum meetings
>says our deadline is totally unrealistic to everyone
>looks at reddit all the time
>starts leaving earlier and earlier
>hating on the project he is in charge with
>convince others that's it's also in a unrealistic deadline
>everyone thinks it's going to be really hard and almost impossible
>he wants to work 75% now
>he quits
>he expects to get paid for two more months

Fuck that idiot changed the way so many in my company's see this project, thankfully I've managed to get most on board again and motivated but there's a lot of fallout still.
>>
>>3139044
>Fuck that idiot changed the way so many in my company's see this project
maybe he was right and the deadlines were impossible to meet. Happens a lot with delusional CEOs.
>>
>>3139595
He was afraid of the project, I need people who see solutions to the problems, we've been able to push a demo in no time. I think he was a bit out of his depth
>>
>>3139595
I thought he was right at first but I started seeing fast progress from the developers who I trust further undermining him.
>>
>>3139915

they worked overtime because of your impossible deadline
>>
How is this about crypto go away

sage
>>
>>3139044

Sad to hear that, that kind of people are for shit tier jobs like burger flippers, shouldnt be near startups
>>
>>3139929
Not an impossible deadline but a really high level of out of the box and independence needed to work here. I mean we don't have the structure that a larger company would have, no standard operating procedures in the same way.
>>
>>3140668
I try my best at hand holding and guiding people but a lot of this is really new to me too. But honestly there's nothing to it.
>>
Founded a start up in college. Had 4 great guys working for me. About a year later an offer was made to buy the company. After days of discussion I decided to increase the amount of stock my employees owned and sold. Now my former employees work for their dream company (the same one that bought us out) and want for not. Never been more proud of any other decision I have made.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.