[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does the flippening mean for alts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (18KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
18KB, 225x225px
Theoretically, the flippening does happen and BTC loses enough mining power for the blockchain to halt. (No EDA hard coded, Would need a Hard Fork to recover the chain, 100% real No fud).

What happens to our precious alt coins? do they tank with BTC? Will the early bird pump their BTC into alts before the chain dies? Will we see a crash like never before? Will alts fly to jupiter with all the btc money pumping in?

I have a feeling Ethereum might take the throne, for a few reasons. Already large amounts of pairings on most exchanges, easy to buy with FIAT, not as volatile as other large cryptos. I don't even own any ETH but i'm starting to think it will be the next normie coin if BTC actually does die. Too much confusion around BTC/BCC for the normies to trust again.
>>
File: i2067^cimgpsh_orig.png (359KB, 602x434px) Image search: [Google]
i2067^cimgpsh_orig.png
359KB, 602x434px
Dash jumped to $300 today for a very good reason. If you are going to abandon Bitcoin, you might as well go to the best thing there is, and its definitely not BCH
>>
>>3134602
>theoretically, the flippening does happen

> and BTC loses enough mining power for the blockchain to halt.

Those two conditions are separate from one another. You can have BCC exceed BTC in either price or market cap without the blockchain halting. You may see a mass exodus of hashpower, but it'd be absurd to thing there'd be a sudden and total abandonment. Even if the blockchain slows it'll readjust at the difficulty increase.

>I have a feeling Ethereum might take the throne, for a few reasons

No, you'd just see the value from BTC slide into BCC and the effective resolution of the fork.
>>
>>3135100

So BCC will just take off where BTC left off? I understand the BTC block chain wouldn't just halt, but if the price went down enough and mass amounts of people were selling, without hashpower the transactions could take days/weeks to be confirmed with no eda
>>
>>3135321
But would they slow down that much if the difficulty decreased proportionally to the rate of miner abandonment? Less miners = less difficulty, correct? Or am I completely misinformed...
>>
>>3135342
It's not an automatic adjustment. It's based on hashed block rates. And, if hash power exits BTC it makes it exponentially difficult to hash the blocks to meet the adjustment.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.