[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Programming my own exchange

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: liqui.png (140KB, 1852x852px)
liqui.png
140KB, 1852x852px
I came here a week ago to say that I was going to program my own exchange. I got mostly negative responses, but I have figured it out mostly. I wrote the code for the account system.

As for security, I know how the firewalls and load balancing works. The database VPSes have firewalls against all IPs except private internal IPs that allow it to connect only with the reverse proxy in the front. DDOS is not much of a problem. I can use Cloudflare.

My problem is how the fuck do I integrate the cryptos into my site? Like am I supposed to maintain a BTC ledger with the full 122 GB on my server? Also, how do I store coins offline with a paper wallet? What if people withdraw?
>>
Fuck off.
>>
File: 1487270095963.jpg (8KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1487270095963.jpg
8KB, 250x238px
>>3123320
I dont know anything about this
>>
>>3123335
kys nocoder
>>
>>3123340
This desu
>>
>>3123320
>As for security, I know how the firewalls and load balancing works

lel, sign me up!
>>
File: BULL (2).jpg (204KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
BULL (2).jpg
204KB, 612x380px
You show me a BTC ledger with 122 GB on the server, I quit my job right now and I work for you.
>>
>>3123352
what features would you like to see and which coins would you want?

I'm thinking of (plus the main ones)
QTUM
STRAT
IOTA
NEO
GAS
EOS
OMG
BAT

Also, do you want whales to be cockblocked on the site (no allowed to sell anything when you are above x% in volume)
>>
>>3123359
im really confused about that. i was thinking of using libbitcoin but wtf idk about these libraries. i do computer vision
>>
would i get more knowledge on >> /g/ or here
>>
File: 1447948348055.jpg (44KB, 422x600px)
1447948348055.jpg
44KB, 422x600px
>>3123405
>>3123397
>>3123381
>>3123350
>>3123320

you are one dumb fuck aren't you, OP.

your whole little science experiment aside, even if you did manage together to cobble a little site together you're forgetting about one important thing.

you think the government is gonna let some greasy fuck just open your own exchange? know all that AML/KYC shit you have to fill out when you sign up for exchanges?

yeah. that's on you chief. uncle sam is going to be knocking on your door within days of launching your shitty little site, if it even can handle more than 50 concurrent users.
>>
File: Candace Neistat Titties.png (1MB, 1024x761px) Image search: [Google]
Candace Neistat Titties.png
1MB, 1024x761px
OP is bullshit or he would have posted his github, and he wont do it because beardfags like myself would rip his asshole a new asshole
>>
>>3123573
.aaaaand /thread.
fuck all of you for believing OP's bullshit.
>>
>>3123760
sorry im gonna kys now. i live in city so i be jumpin
>>
>>3123320

Bittrex uses a dedicated Azure vm for each wallet.

Let the pros handle the load balancing for you.
>>
>>3123320
What's your background? What languages did you use?
>>
>>3123381
Here's a great idea that I would've used but can't be arsed
Make a BCH market. Infact keep only one market: BCH
>>
>>3123320
SYSCOIN, just install
>>
>>3123320
It's not about the firewall. It's about exploits.
>>
uh this is shit, i saw a fiverr ad some indian will set up an entire exchange for you for $25
>>
Yes you keep a ledger so you can verify transactions coming in and out your exchange. You don't want to hold btc which isn't actually yours. Or you use an API to a blockchain monitor to verify.

As for wallets you need cold and hot wallets. Cold wallets are not connected to the internet and are merely used to fill the hot wallets. The hot wallet is used to thorough put exactly enough to fulfil a day's worth of withdrawals from your exchange. If it is insufficient you should manually access the cold wallet to supply the hot wallet. That is the tricky part, to secure those funds and trust employees.

And making an exchange is hard. Look up open source versions on github etc
>>
>>3123320
err, you need to maintain wallets for every coin, how can you have got this far without knowing?
>>
>>3123878
Ok cool, see you. It is clear that you have no idea wtf you're doing. And that's ok OP, you just maybe need to start with some smaller projects I think.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.