[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

21 With a shitty job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1496843880077.png (157KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
1496843880077.png
157KB, 500x309px
I wish I wanted to become a doctor or a lawyer, but I don't. I need a real serious job so that I can progress in life.
I have a really shitty part-time job at the moment. I just don't know what job I want to pursue...
>>
>>3123138

I recommend becoming a full time digital asset analyst, 95% of this board has this title so you won't be short of sound advice.
>>
>>3123147
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE1HriDzlJs
>>
>>3123138
I was in your boat but at 25 two years ago. Finished my IT degree, got a Reporting Analyst job starting at $50k and finally move out of home again. It's not necessarily what I wanted to do for a living but I enjoy it. There's hope anon but I had to bust my ass to get here. Crying on 4chan didn't do any good.
>>
File: 1494792863119.jpg (150KB, 917x845px) Image search: [Google]
1494792863119.jpg
150KB, 917x845px
>>3123196
Thanks for the response

It wasn't supposed to sound like crying, sorry. I am sorry, a sorry person. I could've become an electrician, at least. I jumped off that train because I was naive thinking "there must be something better and more fun".

My main problem is just that I'm really clueless. I'm looking for all and any advice anyone has to offer. I want to progress.

I have been looking into IT, of course. But find it difficult to imagine how a normal working day would look like.

Overall I'm pretty lucky. My family isn't cracking the whip as much as they should be, but I still feel guilt over the fact that I haven't come as far as I feel like I should have

/blogpost end
>>
>>3123247
Hey man I get you. I partied and did drugs up until 25 with a degree that was 90% done.

Do I regret my choices? Yes and no, I had a lot of fun and great experiences but I'm behind on my career. I'll call it a wash. I soon learned anyway that being poor fucking sucks as I want to travel the world and retire early. It's hard to do that poor.

All I'm saying is 21 isn't shit. Get your shit together and make something of yourself. Most people will never find their "passion" as that's just a meme. The sooner you do it the sooner you can start making some good money.

>I have been looking into IT, of course. But find it difficult to imagine how a normal working day would look like.

Odds are you'd start out at help desk where you'll be taking calls, taking notes, and sending them to the correct department for escalation. Some jobs help desk allow them to solve the issues, some don't. If you can proves yourself or land at a smaller company you could start at desktop support which where I was in my internship. It consisted of what the name implies, self study, and a whole bunch of 4chan and reddit.
>>
>>3123323
Man, are people always this nice on this board?
Yeah. I'm having a good time, but starting to feel more and more guilty about it.

I actually have an aunt that used to work at a help desk

I did want to start on a game programming course, but I had a friend who recently dropped out and told me how much he disliked it. He instead settled for working as a cashier, which was sort of a red flag to me.

I'm probably going to set a deadline for myself and just go for something at some point, better than nothing.

Again, thanks for the advice
>>
>>3123508
>Man, are people always this nice on this board?
No most people on here want you to "invest" in "X"coin and leave you holding bags.

>I did want to start on a game programming course, but I had a friend who recently dropped out and told me how much he disliked it. He instead settled for working as a cashier, which was sort of a red flag to me.

No one besides people who don't have to worry about money wants to be a cashier. Don't worry about what your friend is doing.

>I'm probably going to set a deadline for myself and just go for something at some point, better than nothing.

My advice, start now. Get in the habit. You don't have to kill yourself, but one hour of self-study a day isn't going to kill you. Just imagine all the hours in a day you waste doing nothing. Start developing discipline NOW and it gets easier to keep it up.
>>
File: IMG_5672.jpg (34KB, 389x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5672.jpg
34KB, 389x427px
>>3123138
>Be a good goy and get a job.
Find a way out of the rat race and own a company. Its the only way.
>>
>>3123776
You do realize that starting a business requires a ton of work right? Unless you get a small million dollar loan from your dad you'll working your ass off harder and way longer that most "wage-slave" jobs.
>>
>>3123826
this

not to mention 10+ hours days. and so many years until you get right side up on your business plan.

>>3123776
>rat race

ohhh noez. a steady pay and work. so bad.
>>
File: 1493446903471.gif (948KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493446903471.gif
948KB, 200x200px
>>3123570
>>Man, are people always this nice on this board?
>No most people on here want you to "invest" in "X"coin and leave you holding bags.
Then I guess I was lucky

>My advice, start now. Get in the habit. You don't have to kill yourself, but one hour of self-study a day isn't going to kill you. Just imagine all the hours in a day you waste doing nothing. Start developing discipline NOW and it gets easier to keep it up.

I promise I will, thanks

Will come back on the 19th of August in 2018 and make a thread for you, jZJp1lPg

I have to go, see you

>>3123840
>ohhh noez. a steady pay and work. so bad.
Just to live in a nice apartment with steady pay is what I want for the time being. Converted to USD, I'll need 32k USD for the bank to give me a loan. Maybe spoiled, but my parents have told me they will lend me the money once I get a real and stable job

It has been a nice hugbox
>>
>>3123887
>Just to live in a nice apartment with steady pay is what I want for the time being

I sorta look at things as touch and go.

get a job that pays well and where you can move up. then focus on improving other things in life.

>>3123776
this is a meme

I'd say find a way to get paid doing what you love blah blah blah.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.