[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disaster averted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (330KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
330KB, 600x480px
Holy crap I withdrew $5k of NEO on bittrex a few minutes ago and decided to check the Tx on neotracker. Copied the address to the website and realized that my NEO address wasn't in my clipboard, it was a bitcoin address I was fucking around with this morning. Went back to bittrex and saw that the withdrawal was still pending and to my bitcoin address and canceled the ever-living fuck out of it. Jesus christ the crypto gods were kind today.
>>
>>3114310
you're welcome sir if you are satisfied with our service would you kindly fill out a survey
>>
>>3114310
Thanks for that useful information OP, this thread has made my life more rich and fulfilled. Today was a good day, solely because I read this post.
>>
couldn't exchanges like bittrex check for errors like this? I'm thinking they could even take the funds from these mistakes and forward it directly to their personal wallets since it something that would be lost anyway
>>
>>3114565
I think the problem is that addresses don't have any identifiable digits for you to determine which coin they belong to (Besides ethereum addresses starting with 0x). So, you could potentially have a BTC and LTC wallet with exactly the same public key.
>>
>>3114310
you have been blessed, anon.
think of all the other versions of you in parallel universes that lost their $5k. Be a better you... for them.
>>
>>3114897
I see, thanks
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.