[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /biz/ I recently made a bitcoin wallet and put 1 BTC in it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1483123999619.jpg (30KB, 400x203px) Image search: [Google]
1483123999619.jpg
30KB, 400x203px
Hi /biz/
I recently made a bitcoin wallet and put 1 BTC in it. However, I want to also put 1 BCC in it, is it possible to just put it in the same address?
As far as I know, it's perfectly possible. Since they were the same thing before.
Right?
>>
>>3111906
how you gonna trade with that shiut on papaer
>>
>>3111914
I only end up losing money with trades
So I want to keep at least 1 full BTC safe of my own reach. I'll cash it out when I need it, not before.
But just in case, it would be nice to have 1 BCH in it too.
>>
That would be true if the wallet existed before the fork. If you created your wallet after the fork then you will also need a new wallet for BCC.
>>
>>3111906
is that pic the real wallet you made?
>>
>>3111928
Bullshit. It should work, yes. But why not creating another paperwallet for BCH?
>>
hopefully not his...
>>
>>3111928
really?

>>3111966
No, that one is the reference one they have at whatevermakeyourwhateverpaperwallet.com
and they sell you the shiny tape.
I just taped mine with regular tape, and I didn't even have red ink so it looks a bit shitty.
Didn't take one.

>>3111974
Because it took me a hell of a long time.
I used a very shitty printer, and an ubuntu live usb which took forever to start.
And I already have that paper wallet in a safe place, so I might as well put the same amount of BCH as BTC
>>
>>3111966
Here:
https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/
>>
>>3111906
Loser, they do not care how your wallet looks like, but if you are so silly to post your private key...
>>
!IF YOU TRY TO SEND BCH TO YOUR BTC ADDRESS YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BCH, BCH AND BTC ARE POST FORK NOT THE SAME CHAIN ANYMORE!
>>
>>3111906
Correct.

Just send 1 BCC to that address and your private key will give you access to both coins.

>>3111928
You're wrong.
>>
>>3112018
Dude I'm pretty sure you are wrong.
>>
>>3112018
Irrelevant.

The same private key can still provide access to both chains.
>>
>>3112040
From my understanding of blockchain and private keys and shit, I'm like 99% sure that this is the case, but just because of that 1% I made this thread.
now I'm still 99% sure but 1% not sure because of these fags:
>>3112018
>>3111928

I mean, address don't really exist until they are used, but you can send bitcoin to any address, even if it doesn't exist, then if (0.000% chance) that address ever exists, the person who has the keys will get that money. Even if nobody ever used it before.
And as far as I know, they are both the same type of address
>>
>>3112076
Yeah I think you are 99% correct anon
>>
>>3112076
Just send a small amount of BCC first and make sure you can move those funds. Better safe than sorry. But I'd be willing to bet multiple BTC's you're correct.
>>
>>3112182
I know, maybe even 99.1%
>>
>>3111906
>is it possible to just put it in the same address?
yes, it possible.
But more profitable - sell it to niggers in you`s gheto.
>>
>>3112189
I sent it, and it worked

blockchair.com showed it almost instantly
that's the power of non-segwit!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.