[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are fitness supplements one of the biggest scams in 2017?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 8

File: 4405060141_7de3319d1b_o.jpg (1MB, 3712x2088px) Image search: [Google]
4405060141_7de3319d1b_o.jpg
1MB, 3712x2088px
are fitness supplements one of the biggest scams in 2017?
>>
>>3111110
I literally have 90" biceps and an 18 inch cock from them, they are legit as fuck.
>>
You are 7 years too late to the party
>>
>>3111110
yes, just buy test.
>>
>>3111110

I was an assistant manager at a supplement store for 2.5 years.

High tier:
Creatine
BCAA + Glutamine intra-workout
Multivitamin
Omega 3

Middle tier:
protein
pre-workout

Shit tier:
everything else
>>
>>3111159
talking with a bunch of fitness freaks for almost 3 years sounds like the worst job in the world
>>
>>3111189

It was actually pretty sick brah. I got a lot of management experience, and it was slow as fuck most of the time so I'd just jerk off in the back room and make lots of commission on all the retards who came in to spend half their week's pay on brand name shit.
>>
one of the most profitable scam industries there is

99% of either has no research backing its efficacy, or worse, has solid research DENYING its efficacy and it still flies off the shelves

and the 1% of products that do have evidence of efficacy, like creatine, are very underwhelming in their effect.

Protein powder is a ridiculous addition to the diets of any western male most of whom consume plenty of protein on a day to day basis.

Moreover, bodybuilding, like any pursuit, is largely dependent on the person's genetics. This is the one area where everyone is arrogant enough to think that they too can be <x> if they just have the right tools at their disposal (including steroids).

Nobody thinks that about say, the 100m dash, where we readily accept some men have a distinct genetic advantage that is not able to be replicated by any amount of drugs or specific training.

but every fool with money in his pocket thinks he can be arnold schwarzenegger with enough protein and drugs

well, go take a look at the steroid users on /fit/ and tell me how many of them have impressive physiques. Most of them just look fat, despite copious drug usage and obsessive compulsive training schedules.
>>
>>3111239
agreed! im starting to think the more people use supplements the stupider they become...
>>
>>3111110
if you want results u gotta pay up.
research hgh. if that and a regular lifting routine dont make u bigger than just forget about all of it and stick to vidya and cheeseburgers
>>
>>3111239

This is about 50% accurate. People think supplements are a game changer, but really they will give you a ~15% boost to your workout regimen. But they aren't worthless.
>>
>>3111159
protein is literally the only thing worth buyinf on that list
>>
File: uxFDJUyr.jpg (188KB, 1456x1092px) Image search: [Google]
uxFDJUyr.jpg
188KB, 1456x1092px
>everyone ittt

none of you blaming fucks never did any sports fuck u talking about
>>
No. I take caffeine, a green drink mix, a red drink mix, calcium/magnesium/zinc, vitamins C D and B complex, and collagen (like drinking bone broth)
Also Biotin.

My diet consists of basically turkey, avocados, eggs, plant protein bars. chia seeds, oats and bananas
>>
>>3111300
Will it turn me from a beta to a chad if I keep working out?
>>
>>3111322
people lived hundreds of years working every day every hour without supplement and look better than you do playing a sport once or twice a week for a few hours eating optimum lung bleach every meal on a schedule
>>
>>3111338

No. Just eat 3 healthy meals a day and go to the gym 3 days a week for 1 hour. Do deadlifts, squats and bench presses, slowly increasing your max weight. Do that for 2 months and you can start taking supplements.

Also, eating 20 times a day is a meme.
>>
>>3111364
lmao shut yo ass up id bench yo ass 10 times the least
>>
>>3111369
Any cheap, healthy meals to recommend? I can basically only afford chicken breast as protein right now while I stash up in crypto.
>>
>>3111385
Chicken breast with rice/noodles. Thats all you need. Also get some oats for morning. Literally all you need. Also depends if you want to gain mass or just keep the weight and just buff. If u want to gain mass eat more cars (rice, noodles) or if u wanna buff just keep more protien and less carbs
>>
>>3111385

Turkey and chicken, brown rice, veggies. Fruit if you have a sweet tooth. Don't think about it too hard. Micromanaging your diet will turn you off from working out in a heartbeat.
>>
>>3111419
>cars lul
carbs i mean sorry
>>
>>3111159
protein + creatine all you really need
>>
>>3111309
Nope, in fact you're much better off preparing a chicken breast salad or having a grilled meat meal after training. Whey protein is a meme.
>>
>>3111419
Thanks. Do I have to take vitamins also?
>>
>>3111432

It's not entirely a meme. Protein shakes are perfect for fatasses. They give you lean calories and they make you feel full so you don't want to pig out. It's probably the only good "weight loss" supplement on the market.
>>
i regularly see lambos and those mercedes suv things plastered in decal for a fitness supplements store. bone heads driving them
>>
>>3111421
Thanks
>>
>>3111110
They have been around for a while. Yes, all supplements are snake oil, with the exception of a few (the stimulants and protein). However, caffeine pills are $5 a bottle and real protein is better than supps. No FDA research regulation either.
>>
>>3111449
Or they could save $160 a month and just eat less.
>>
>>3111682

Well, you're an idiot.
>>
>>3111694
>Well, you're an idiot.
What benefits do protein shakes offer, that chicken does not? Stop falling for snake oil scams.
>>
File: makifes.jpg (155KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
makifes.jpg
155KB, 1000x1400px
>>3111110
Have you been living on a cave?
>>
File: reatrd.jpg (36KB, 400x515px) Image search: [Google]
reatrd.jpg
36KB, 400x515px
>>3111705

>just eat less

They wouldn't be fat in the first place if they didn't have a problem with eating regular food, dumbass. Protein drinks provide sustenance, and also satiety at a much lower caloric level.
>>
>>3111764
HAHAHAHAHAHA. So people who lack self control should never learn self control? They should just drink protein shakes for the rest of their lives? Glad to know the armchair nutritionists of /biz/ have all the answers.
>>
i supplement extracted pidgeon feather oil. it tastes a lot like diet coke and olive oil but man my cums are really big now holy fuck joe rogan was right
>>
>>3111239
So much this.
>>
>>3111705
>convenient protein to hit your macros
as the name implies its a supplement, not a meal replacement. If you think thats snake oil your are never going to make it senpai
>>
>>3111385
EGGS, MANY MANY EGGS
>>
>>3111764

go take a traipse over to one of the many keto obsessed forums on the internet and tell me how many of them are fantastically lean, despite their obsessive compulsive consumption of protein heavy foods and protein supplements

hint: they're all still fat because they eat too fucking much food in general. The diet industry has been peddling protein meal replacement shakes to fat cunts for literal decades. They're still fat, because the fundamental problem of fatness is a behavioral one, not one about "macros" or whatever else imaginary nonsense you retards will cook up and swallow wholesale as long as some moron on a bodybuilding website sticks his stamp of approval on it, or throws in a few pseudoscientific buzzwords to really make you idiots bite hard.
>>
>>3112028
>as the name implies its a supplement, not a meal replacement. If you think thats snake oil your are never going to make it senpai
You know nothing about fitness. There is no benefit of protein powder other than it's ease to create. They are extremely expensive and pointless. It is a simple marketing scam. Your diet is what makes or breaks weight gain.
>>
>>3111764

they don't excersize, its literally just calories in - calories out.
>>
>>3112109
>has no idea what i look like but implies that i dont know fitness.
Protein powder has its place to help hit macros. If its easy for you to hit your body weight in grams of protein then good for you anon, i'm proud of you.

>expensive
sure if you dont know where to buy from

>Your diet is what makes or breaks weight gain
Not everything in fitness is about weight gain or loss. I never implied that protein powder can help with that. But I think you dont understand what you are saying. If my diet makes or breaks then why shouldn't i use a supplement to hit the correct macros for my goal. hmmm thinking face
>>
>>3112156
>Helps hit your macros
>Not expensive
So protein is now cheaper than eggs? An egg is six grams of protein, whites are 3.5. Unless you are drinking three shakes a day, I doubt you really need them. The reason why I suspected you meant weight gain is because unless you weigh 200+ lbs, I don't see how hard it is to have enough protein. Also, getting your protein from real food is much healthier than protein.
>>
>>3112232
even hitting 180g of protein every day isnt always easy. ok what the fuck you want me to do with eggs anon? cook 50 of them or simply drink a shake at around ~100 cals and 25g of protein. It's about making life easier. Sorry I can afford some inexpensive supplements to help my fitness journey. Buy from my protein and you can get a suppy for a month at around $30.

>also plz dont eat that many eggs
talking about "healthier than protein" shit man yeah eggs are way healthier........keep an eye on your cholesterol
>>
>>3112274
Where did I say I eat 50 eggs a day? I just said 3 eggs is the equivalent to one shake. I can tell you went on one fitness forum and think you know shit. Let me help you, one cup of chicken is around 40g of protein, same in a half a filet, and same again in six ounces of beef. If you eat four solid meals a day, there is no difficulty reaching your goal. Like you said though, you need instant gratification.
>>
>>3112303
what kind of fucking nigger measures chickens via cup? you sound like the kind of dumb bitch who uses crest whitening strips to bleach his asshole.
>>
>>3112338
only on 4chan would you see someone getting mocked for measuring chicken as cups
>>
>>3111432
>you shouldnt buy this cheap protein you should buy this other cheap protein
its just protein dumbass
>>
>>3112348
go outside maybe?
>>
>>3112303
shit man i havent been lifting almost every day for 3 years or anything. That one forum must have taken me really far. Fuck off.

Your dumb fuck ass is compare 1 egg which is ~70cals and 6 fucking grams of protein. Do you even want to make it breh? Do you even count macros or at lease calories? Because I'm not wasting that many calories on 3 god damn eggs when I can get 25g of protein for ~100 cal

>Let me just go cook 4 meals every day when i work like a normal adult.
Its so easy hurr durr fucking grow up.

Like do you actually lift or just straight troll
>>
>>3112338
im with this anon
>>
>>3112338
>>3112367
Look at all these butthurt autists who get pissed off when I say they are getting jewed by supplement companies. There are no benefits to supplements that regular foods cannot supply. Unless you are trying to put on serious muscle mass, 0.5-0.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight is more than enough. If that is a problem, you are a retard and I cannot help you not get kiked by (((Bodybuilding.com, GNC, etc))))
>>
>>3112367
you've lifted yourself retarded.
>>
>>3112382
explain
>>
>>3112381
dismissing supplements as unnecessary is the most common jewish double bluff. if i had an oven for every time i read this bullshit...
>>
>>3112381
Who goes to the gym to not put on serious muscle mass
>>
>>3112390
They are unnecessary and everything except protein (which you can easily get from food) is unregulated.
>>
>>3112388
you're trying to hard to sound cool with your lame memes and antisemitic remarks. i dunno if it's your first day or what but your rabbi would be embarrassed if he saw this shit.
>>
>>3112395
Women an people who do not want to die early. If you are trying to put on mass, you should be eating at least 3500 calories. If you cannot reach your protein requirements, you are retarded.
>>
>>3112402
do you know what antisemitic is?
>>
>>3111705
being cheaper and more efficient, but continue buying tonnes of chicken breast daily you bourgeois fuck.

there is nothing that approaches the price efficiency of a properly priced protein supplement, except tuna which will kill you if you eat it at anywhere near the frequency you want to

you're on biz, learn how to not waste money
>>
>>3112409
no.
>>
>>3112416
>tuna is full of mercury
did you kikes smell this thread or what? how do you communicate?
>>
File: 1499988193893.jpg (207KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499988193893.jpg
207KB, 960x960px
Whats the point of lifting for liftings sake? I mean, I can understand doing it if you're like 18, for looks, but why not do an activity that is constructive in some way like rowing, rock climbing, mountain biking, or alpine climbing?
>>
>>3112416
>You bourgeois fuck
Lol
>you're on biz, learn how to not waste money
You can't afford a Costco membership?
>>
>>3112416
You must live on the shitter if the majority of your diet is protein shakes. I didn't know being able to afford chicken puts me in the 1%
>>
>>3112431
its a hobby just like any other
>>
>>3111159
BCAAs are only useful when cutting. It's retarded to take them all the time
>>
>>3111300
Non-anabolic supps are more like 5% edge, assuming you are not deficient in anything. ZMA supps can make a huge difference in natural test production for guys low on zinc. For others it does absolutely nothing. Blood tests are the answer.
>>
>>3112431
I lift so that I never go more than a few days without brushing up against the limits of my physical capacity. It feels good knowing what you're capable of, and great seeing it increase over time.
>>
>>3112458
Blah Blah Blah, I've got the same results using my carbo+protein shakes and I didn't spend as much money while doing. They are easier and faster to consume too.
>>
>>3112547
You get 100% of your protein from shakes?????????????
>>
>>3112431
>why not do an activity that is constructive in some way like rowing, rock climbing, mountain biking, or alpine climbing?
As someone who does all of those sports regularly (except rowing) I can assure you that they are not in any way to be considered constructive.
They are all a meaningless waste of time.
you climb up some rock, look around you and you go down again. There is nothing on top of this rock that makes you "better", richer, more intelligent or whatever else you'd consider constructive.
I enjoy it anyways, and I'd assume you can do the same with other sports. Of course you can be a roided up dickhead with a brain shrunk to match your penis in lifting, but you can do so in all other sports if your inclinded to do so.
>>
>>3111309
Creatine is valid
>>
>>3112431
how are any of those constructive you coping retard
>>
>>3112431

because no gf
>>
>>3112338
Spend some time at /fit/
Optimum nutrition is a fucking art form. If you go down the rabbit hole you'll be weighing out individual ingredients for each meal and adding up your macros daily.
You might laugh at this but /fit/ doesn't care about you, DYEL faggot
>>
File: ZyzzPitbullStringer.jpg (82KB, 455x734px) Image search: [Google]
ZyzzPitbullStringer.jpg
82KB, 455x734px
>>3111110
Yeah.

Once you take test and tren, nothing else will compare. Ever.
>>
>>3112799
500 test ongoing right now, feels good man
>>
>>3111110
If you think that supplements do anything without working out, then yes its a scam.

Pre workout: 28 oz water
intra workout: 28oz water with Creatine and L-Glutamine
post workout: muscle milk gainer

I started out with taking Mr Hyde, and honestly the stuff is amazing, but my dick stopped working and i didn't have solid shits so i quit taking it. I will start on the MMgainer near the tail end of my workout if i start to feel drained. Keep in mind that I'm not doing some pussy workout. I'll do warmups then go balls hard with drop sets for an hour. Shit wears you out.
>>
>>3112381
protein supplement is a good way of getting down a few hundred extra calories and protein quickly, and doesn't leave you too full. If you're at the gym and you start to bonk, are you going to go home to whip up 5 eggs? no
>>
>>3112799
Can confirm. It's been 3 years and life has been dull ever since.
>>
>>3112867
I agree it is efficient. It is not necessary though.
>>
>>3112799
If you guys have some nice crypto gains consider a primo cycle. Basically side free, and to me great maintainable gains when you come off
>>
>>3111110
when I used to train, I used Creatine regularly, and I could definitely tell the difference

I dont know about the rest
>>
Tofu
Textured soybean protein
>>
>>3111159
>creatine
Enjoy early onset male pattern baldness.
>>
Gluten Free is the bigger scam
>>
>>3111239
>Protein powder is a ridiculous addition to the diets of any western male most of whom consume plenty of protein on a day to day basis.

As 28 years old male I suffered from muscle fever after almost every heavier workout until I started drinking protein
>>
>>3111309
Omega 3 reducing the risk of developing coronary artery disease has a lot of research backing it.
>>
>>3111110
No, crypto currencies are lol
>>
>>3111309
Lol you don't know shit. You can get protein from your food sources. Create me is the single most studied workout supplement and all evidence points to it being effective.
>>
>>3111189
Its gotta beat talking to smelly fat fucks and skinny little bitch bois all day.
>>
>>3111110
Whey is best
Creatine seemingly works, causes hair loss.
Most everything else is a scam.
>>
>>3112431
>Says the man who doesn't lift
>>
just go vegan desu
>>
>>3111682
>>3111705
>>3111800
well that is a dumb person
>people who eat too much should just eat less
tell us about how you have self control 100% of the time you perfect machine
>>
good thread, everyone.
>>
>>3111159
whats the best multivitamin anon
better if i can get it from amazon
>>
let's be very honest, most retards on /fit/ deserve to be scammed
>>
>>3112431
the fuck happened to that car
>>
>>3111159
Medfag/fitfag here

BCAAs are in general very good, but depends on your sport and how you use them

Protein: good after workout + to increase protein intake during day

Pre-workout: good if you dont build up tolerance

Creatine: use 30g a day for 2-3 weeks (like olympic sprinters) DONT FORGET to drink at least gallon of water a day

the best way is to cycle supplements like your training, body can fast adapt to them(see creatine)

Multivitamins are scam. Some vitamins are suppresing others
>>
>>3112431
everything you listed is complete bitch tier sort yourself out

>look mommy i climbed a big rock
>>
>>3115529
+ enzymes and joint supplements are most underrated
>>
fr creatine is very good suppletment better then protein in my opinion that guy right tho drink lots of water out the galon jug bruhs

kre aklin good creatine brand also only 20 bucks
used to cheerlead litterally throwin bitches
>>
>>3115529
why would you take 30g of creatine a day? What is the benefit of cycling on and off of this? From what I've read the body doesnt adapt to creatine it just gets saturated so taking ~5g a day keeps you at this level.
>>
File: IMG_1624.jpg (70KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1624.jpg
70KB, 500x488px
> /biz/ analyzes the supp market in one thread and is spot on.

tfw it took a year to filter these informations of /fit/ coupled with additional personal experience
>>
>>3116090
Everything is a scam on /biz/, you should always do the exact opposite of what we say.
>>
Useful supp that i've found is mass gainer. If you're hard gainer with fat metabolism that shit is a life saver.
>>
>>3111239
/fit/ here, reaching 1.5/2.5/4/5 pl8 lifts is achievable natty by almost all healthy young males with consistent workout routines in 3-5 years. Most of /fit/ agrees that supplements are a scam and many just recomend creatine for daily use and bcaa's if you train fasted or are cutting hard. If you lurk their /cbt/ threads you can easily point out the /frauds/ but most who post look good in general. As far as lifting advice i would take everything you here on /fit/ with a grain of salt and just follow tried and true programs to achieve your fitness goals.
>>
>>3114811
>tell us about how you have self control 100% of the time you perfect machine
If someone is a fat fuck, and they can't limit themselves to 1500 calories a day until they are at a healthy weight, they have serious self control issues. There is a fucking difference between getting a donut and weighing 250+
>>
File: 1482732409018.jpg (98KB, 840x747px) Image search: [Google]
1482732409018.jpg
98KB, 840x747px
>>3111110
>going into a store with a protein shake
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.