[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Commission Only Sales

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1450566891895.jpg (173KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1450566891895.jpg
173KB, 1024x576px
Any of you guys have any experience with this? I've been laid off for two months and the only bite I've gotten is for a commission only sales job with a pretty tremendous comm rate. (50% of everything earned by the business on clients I land) I'm basically selling collections services on B2B debt. So, for example...a $100k account with a 20% comm rate would net me $10k. The only probably I see is I don't get anything until a client I land pays out. Any salesbros out there have any advice? Has this sort of system worked out for any of you?
>>
>>3088653
I also failed to mention I have an ironclad contract and this is a startup with a former co-worker that I trust.
>>
>>3088653
sir you are in wrong board this is crypto only
>>
>>3088653
my $0.02
commission-only seems like a cold handshake. ofc your employer wants you to be hungry, but you also want your employer to have a vested interested in your success.
in this case they will have no skin in the game
i'd hard pass fampai
drake_unimpressed.jpg
>>
>>3088653
Hi, I've been working in sales for about 5 years now. They are good if you want to put some experience on your resume - otherwise the majority of them are scams and low quality companies. These are "employers" that do not want to pay for quality employees. Good companies give salespeople base salaries. These companies expect very very high attrition rates in their salesforce, with only the very top salespeople representing the company in a hiring sense.

These kind of employers are the ones to say, "you need to be a hustler, give it 100%" etc etc...yeah, they are telling you that right after 3-4 salespeople quit that week. its a waste of time, pass
>>
>>3088691
Agreed on the cold handshake, but I'm on UE benefits atm and I can at least say I'm employed during a job search. It's easier to find work if you already have work. Also, this arrangement is flexible and I can maintain it while working another job without any real downside. I was just curious if anyone on the board had any success with this model.
>>
>>3088789
Yes, that's definitely true. If you have nothing else going for you, sure. Look for a better sales position in the meantime. However, expect to be used and abused, and expect high attrition. These are not companies that invest in their salesforce. Did you look up their Glassdoor?

I mean hell, I would never do a commission only salesforce if I owned a company. Thats fucked up, its slave labor. When even the stupid desk girl is making money by the hour and you're not? When the salesforce is the people keeping the lights on? It's fucked up. Total brute force strategy - no investment in their employees, its just churn and burn, they want you to bring in business for them, and if you dont stay thats fine - they keep the business, you dont.
>>
>>3088848
>I would never do a commission only salesforce if I owned a company. Thats fucked up, its slave labor.
no, you wouldn't do it because it isnt a successful model.
if you really owned a company you would exploit whoever allowed themselves to be exploited, as long as it worked
>>
>>3088848
It's a startup. The guy doesn't have the cash to give me a salary right now, but he can offer this while I'm looking for another job. It's very much so a will it work or not kind of situation. I've always been told I should get into sales but I don't like the fact that they have nothing vested in me save for a title on my resume. While I'm drawing unemployment benefits it's worth a shot, but those are going to run out before long
>>
>>3089379
>save for a title on my resume.
same as nothing
take it from an old fag, if they wanted you they'd pay
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.