[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get scholarships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: internet.jpg (36KB, 500x474px) Image search: [Google]
internet.jpg
36KB, 500x474px
Hey guys. I recently turned 18 and I'm a senior in high school. I'm applying for college with my first choice being gonzaga up in washington state. I have a 4.4 gpa and 28 ACT. Getting in is no problem. However, money will be. So I was wondering if any of you knew a good place to search for scholarships or some specific ones I should apply for. And here's some generic info about me that may help.
I'm a catholic man, living in Oregon State. I plan to major in International Relations and minor in french. I am white and also like a 16th or 8th Pacific islander (no proof other than my grandma telling me that stuff as a kid). I also have aspergers. So if any of you guys have some advice I would really appreciate it.
>>
go larp on leddit. we are all neets here. why not start getting kneepads and start your business.
>>
File: 8578376.jpg (31KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
8578376.jpg
31KB, 560x315px
>IR major
Good man!

Here, use this:
>http://www.collegescholarships.org/financial-aid/
>https://www.scholarships.com/

And if you want a chance to work under a former UNGA in Serbia, hit me up in the discords anon!
>>
>>3088415
>I'm a man, I am white
I don't think you qualify for any scholarships
>>
>>3088500
What can I expect to learn in IR? I hear it's just like political science but with more economics and a second language
>>
>>3088545
I can claim that I'm Pacific islander if need be
>>
frankly if money is the major issue then you should be commuting to a state school, its far more economical. $10k a year vs $50k+
>>
>>3088654
Throw in a bunch of history to that as well! In fact, I would argue that history is probably the most important bit. You're going to have learn a lot about the theory first. The main three schools (Realism, Liberalism, Constructivism), the philosophical underpinnings(Hobbes, Locke, etc), comparative political systems, a possible regional specialization, etc.
>>
>>3088698
No public state school offers what I plan to study. Just 2 private schools.
>>
>>3088415
Get some kneepads faggot. your life is over
>>
>>3088716
That sounds very interesting. I love studying history. European History was my favorite class personally.
>>
File: IMG_0008.png (570KB, 934x658px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0008.png
570KB, 934x658px
>>3088767
Sounds like a shit major. Are there any job opportunities?
>>
>>3088820
Diplomat, politics, UN, private sector in washington, immigration work, international businesses and banking, nonprofits, etc
>>
>>3088415
>international relations

Unless you're in government, you will make literally nothing

>I have aspergers

I hope you can control that shit because ever person I've met "on the spectrum" is a fucking dick which won't bode well in a communication major
>>
>>3088868
Kek. You're from the U.S., I hope you have badass connections for any of the jobs that pay higher than minimum wage, because youre not getting a sweet diplomat job unless you're from a tier 3 country or very connected.
>>
>>3088415
Listen to the other people in this thread, go to your state school and study politcal science or something like international relations, no one really gives a shit what you major in, and once your at the state school you can apply to transfer. One of my good friends transferred to northwestern from a state school with a 40,000/year scholarship
>>
>>3088767
IR is literally just political science with a different name, you're not going to get a different education than if you go to a state school and frankly nobody really cares what your undergrad is in
>>
>>3088868
you don't need an IR degree to do any of that
>diplomat
how exactly are you planning to become a diplomat, that's a political appointment. If you want to be a foreign service officer you'll need at least a masters and decades of experience.

>politics
most politicians have a background in law and to be a staffer you don't need an IR degree

>UN
in what capacity? The UN employs tens of thousands of people in a variety of fields.

>private sector in washington
again in what capacity

>international business and banking
not without a degree in international business you wont

>nonprofits
difficult to get NGO work without a masters
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.