[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin wallet tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: bitcoins.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
bitcoins.png
4KB, 225x225px
I got my first 50 euros in bitcoins today from coinbase. Is it a safe place to keep my BTC or should I move it to a wallet?
What would be the best wallet to keep it in?
Any tips would be nice, because I don't know much about crytocurrencies.
>>
Get wallet
Electrum is a good way to start
>>
Is coinbase a good place to buy and sell bitcoins? It has a 4% commission fee. Which places have less commission?
>>
>>3087659
i moved mine from coinbase to blockchain.info before the fork
>>
The only safe way is to move it to bittrex and buy the OMG dip
>>
>>3087659

Ok, noob... if you have such a small amount of btc, do not move it to a wallet.. because you'll have to pay fees on coinbase->wallet then wallet->coinbase or exchange

exchanges are relatively safe and 50$ is not an amount that you should care about.

Also, always double check your address before transferring because if you got it wrong your btc will disappear and never come back.
>>
Move it to bittrex and buy Sia. Hold for a few months and sell back for twice as much bitcoin.
>>
>start "bitcoin wallet tips" thread
>don't give any tips
Fuck you OP, go back to >>>/r/eddit
>>
>>3088074
> sia
lol, no.
Even byteball would be much better for long term.

>>3087659
If you want to keep it safe for a few years, and don't want to trade, look up paper wallets.
>>
>>3088002
use Gdax you mong. its the same company as coinbase but fees are much lower.

As for wallets, you're not supposed to leave them on exchanges. Coinbase seems pretty secure to me though and apparently theyre insured like banks, so I assume you're safe up to 250k?

I've been leaving about $1000 crypto on Bittrex. Im too lazy to transfer it to a wallet each night and its not a fuckton of money. Not sure how unsafe this is; i have 2fa authentication on.
>>
>>3087659
If you plan to HODL long term, sure. But wait until you've got like $500 worth to move it to a wallet, coinbase isn't going anywhere. Personally I'm not going to move anything until I've made significant gains that I would be really uncomfortable losing.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.