[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dropship/ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

anyone else running a dropshipping business or deep into online marketing?

the only real business thread on /biz/

op from the last thread here
>>
>>3050394
I just can't figure this shit out man.

I want nothing more than to make even just a decent income through dropshipping but it isn't working. Been doing it for like 2 months and i've only sold about $400 worth and spent like $500 on ads
>>
>>3050452
How many sales?

Are you margins high enough? My markup is about 3x - I've seen a lot do 5x or more. Makes it easier for yourself.

Dropshippin' ain't easy.
>>
>>3050471
36 sales

I'm doing free plus shipping because I don't seem to have anyone interested in even clicking my ad, let alone buying if I don't tell them it's free lmao. I usually spend about $4 on the product and make $9.95 in revenue.

Bad, I know
>>
>>3050502
That seems very hard to make profitable. You make $5.95 profit on a sale - so you've got to get your ads down to $5.95 per purchase to break even. Perhaps it works for some, but i'd find that very hard.

A $100 loss overall isn't actually that bad. When you take everything into accunt, my profit margin is 20%. Your loss margin is 20%. They're not too far either side of 0.

I went $150 into the red before things started to even out. If you keep learning and doing things better, you'll start to break even, then push a profit.

If you're struggling for clicks, try developing (poor) countries. Much, much cheaper. And optimise for View Content if you aren't already.

I see lots of people optimising for engagement because the likes feel good .- but it means FB is not even attempting to get clicks.
>>
>>3050574
How long did it take you to start reaching good profits?

Thanks for the advice btw, ill try it out
>>
>>3050452
Not a dropshipper really (print on demand here).
In my experience you put thousands of products up. This also helps with SEO. Which means that you get to spend less on ads.

Putting thousands of products up there is insanely tedious, but life as a poor-fag is even more boring.
>>
What new Ponzi scheme is this?
>>
>>3050394
Straight dropshipping?
Supplier?
Niche?
How many orders a day, profit?
What sites do you advertise on?
How long have you been in dropshipping business, any regrets?
>>
OP i asked in the last thread but you said selling on Shopify gets expensive?

Isnt it just 30bucks a month + something like 3% fees for everything you sell?

Doesnt seem significant to me. can you elaborate?

Thanks
>>
>>3051158
He means when you start making a ton of sales that small percentage of your sales that shopify takes adds up to hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

But it doesnt really matter becuase if shopify is taking thousands from you it means you're making hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars
>>
anyone have a tutorial on how to run something like this? or a resource OP used to make it happen? how do you select what you sell?
>>
>>3051338
dropshipping isnt as easy as people think. The profit margins are tiny a lot of the time. Your consumer has to be ok with 3week+ arrival time.

Its about finding a trending niche without a ton of competition and a target audience dumb enough to buy from you because theyre unaware you're an unnecessary middle man.

Although OP did mention in the first thread his items were luxury items with a good markup. So targeting dumb rich people could be better than selling $5 dollar trinkets for a 1dollar profit

Make your website look like youre not dropshipping stuff
>>
>>3050394
Thanks a ton for making this thread again. Before crypto took over we would see daily drop shipping threads but that's long gone. I got a few questions that I hope you can answer as im new and im struggling with this.

-Any behavior options I should consider adding to my ad sets that will help with conversions (I.E Active credit card user, engaged shoppers etc) that really drive up traffic and conversions.

-Do Ads with single products convert better or a square carousel of 4 different products

-What's a healthy number of audience reach and potential reach

-In terms of optimization & delivery, is it better to set at automatic or bid myself?

-What converts best when it comes to placement?

I know alot of this is situational to the niche but it looks like im messing up somewhere here and I really dont know where. I'm at $300 worth of sales yet i've sunk in close to $280 in sales with this week being dry as hell. I was able to get my existing sales with only 30 site visits per day which tells me the ad is not working.

Also, thanks for publishing your journey on BHW. I'm rereading it again for the 4th time.

cheers
>>
For those new to the thread, read here: https://www.blackhatworld.com/seo/journey-to-100-day-proft-fb-adverts-shopify-aliexpress.939032/ . I'm the OP.

I'm UK based, so going to bed now. Posting my profit/loss chart again. The losses are from orders with cards which were later proven to be stolen, so the money was taken back - it sucks.

Answered a few questions below.

>>3051638
Engaged shoppers helped me a lot.

Single products work best for me. While i sell a lot of similar products, the whole strategy is around making one product incredibly desireable.

Automatic to figure out if your product is viable, then manual with big budgets to get lots of sales.

>>3051452
Yep my overall profit margin is 20% That's not huge and it's a pretty precarious business.

>>3051158
>>3051284

Yeah I just mean it adds up to thousands of dollars (still only 2-3% of revenue). It doesn't matter hugely, but if i used a different platform my profit margin would be 23% instead of 20%, ya dig?

It's probably worth for money for how easy and nice Shopify is to use, but I'm always looking to reduce that top line.

>>3050776
Yep straight. Niche is luxury accessories. It varies (look at the chart) I use . Regret: I wish I had just bought as much bitcoin as I could in May when I started this.

>>3050710
About 10 days of experimenting. I average $100/day profit, 20% margin, so I'm spending about $500 day to get there.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.