[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

being a young poorfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: poorfag.jpg (12KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
poorfag.jpg
12KB, 269x187px
Hello /biz/

Poorfag here. How do I budget better? Any tips/ideas/apps or so that can help me in the future? Any quick ways to make some money without degrading myself too much? I have income from bartending and income from studying, but with those two combined I still barely make it till the end of the month. My mothers car broke down (I use it for work, too, so I have to pay half of the repairs) and it's gonna cost us a bunch of money we both don't really (well, really don't) have.

I'm 21 and live on my own so I have to pay rent and buy my own food since uni's too far away to travel every day.

I'm 400 in the red now, income will be about 1000-1200 (already work extra, variation depends on if I can take others shifts) this month and I need 850+ for rent+school (400, 5 times a year)+basic stuff like phone/internet/water/etc. Normally I live in the red part of the year and save it back in the months I don't have to pay for school (but then I also have to buy other things, like clothing, a laptop, etc, and being 21, some extra for going out). I've got a bit of savings (in btc, fortunately), but I'd really rather not touch those since that's just a short term solution and it'll probably hurt more to not have that when I really can't sink any deeper than be poor for a while now. So uh, any advice?
>>
Read the books 'rich dad poor dad' and the richest man in Babylon. Great books which will help you budget better and to create personal wealth. Good luck anon.
>>
>>3048014
>some extra for going out
there's your problem
>>
What do you eat anon?

if you wanna go hard-mode, only eat beans and rice. $10/month in food vs your $100-200 mcdonalds/month.

You may laugh, but get a flip phone, all you need is a #.
OR, one of those poor people phone companies that don't let you own the phone you use, like boostmobile or something idk.

Are you in biking distance to work?
>>
>>3048014
For one month only spend money on what you need. No going out, no toys, just rent, food, & utilities.

Next month take all of the money left over from the previous month and divide it in half. Put 1/2 into saving/invest it. Use the other 1/2 however you like.

Also cut back on everything. If you're only making 12,000-14,400 a year the last thing you should be doing is going out.
>>
>>3048068
Thanks, I'll look those up

>>3048077
Honestly, it's not a lot. Can't really invite people to my place (it's literally 1 room, too small for anything but hookups), so I usually go to the park with supermarked beer with friends, or if we go to a bar I'll only have a few drinks. Only time I do spend a bit more is when I have dates.

>>3048103
I do always try and eat healthy, but I suppose I could save a lot by maybe going to the market and Aldi in the future. That may be a pretty good idea.
I am not within biking distance of work, but luckily my boss covers my travelling costs (he's a nice guy). We need the car to visit my grandma tho, old, ill, and lives far away. Can't really afford not to repair it.
My phone is bought and paid for :)
>>
File: 1480700094929.gif (2MB, 448x432px) Image search: [Google]
1480700094929.gif
2MB, 448x432px
>>3048240
You are a retard and you will always be poor
you live in squalor, and you will die in squalor
>>
>>3048449
Eh I'll be fine when I'm done studying. I'm a pretty good programmer, I'm a good teamworker and I'm good at promoting myself. Landing a nice job won't be too difficult
>>
go to /o/ and learn how to do basic car maintenance by yourself. I repair everything myself, do oil changes on my own and inspections as well.
I drive only 5000km/year which is not much, but even when I factor in €500 for spare parts a year, my car costs me less than €200/month EVERYTHING (gas, insureance, depreciation, etc) included.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.