[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As we all know any non-STEM degree is worth dick so let's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1499898564602.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1499898564602.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
As we all know any non-STEM degree is worth dick so let's not even bother with those.

Which degree is best to get /biz/? Everyone's telling me mech eng / EE are the safest bets but I have a feeling that majoring in physics/math and minoring in CS/Software engineering would be a super-solid combination, not only setting you up to be successful in getting jobs (everybody needs a guy who understands numbers and knows how to program/create models, but hardly anyone wants to be that guy because it's hard) but more importantly, also giving you very valuable entrepreneurial skills.

What do you guys think?
>>
>he still thinks his degree matters

I wish I was this naive again. The only things that matter is where you graduate from and your social affluencey.
>>
>>3033436
Getting a softdev. I think just getting something that can open you up to bigger opportunities and ones that wont go away is worth it. Basically get any STEM.

After that its pretty much all up to you I think
>>
Electrical Engineer, majoring in electronics but specializing in Telecommunications.

The telecommunications business will always be there and afaik most people will go to another areas, so it's always lacking on people.
>>
HIFFWE
>>
>>3033480
>social affluencey.
This. I have a masters in finance but make way less than my chad friend with a bachelors in general business because he's sociable and fun to be around.
>>
>>3033562
Are you sure? A new ICO next month will replace telecommunications, mark my words.

/s
>>
>>3033436
>I have a feeling that majoring in physics/math and minoring in CS/Software engineering would be a super-solid combination
you're right. Majoring in math can get you far in a lot of fields.
>>
Major in something you care about, and go to a good school. I have friends in Classics that are getting picked up by Goldman because their grades are stellar and they go to targets
>>
>>3033436
I would did the opposite and instead major in computer science or software engineering and minor in engineering.
>>
>>3033436
Just teach yourself C++ instead of racking up a shitload of debt like a retard.
>>
>>3033436
Finance
>>
>>3033436
Healthcare used to be the way to go but the obamacare that keeps it all going is collapsing and since america is hell bent on market solutions for every little thing, health care will probably collapse completely before the people start getting really angry and demand single payer.
>>
>>3035137
I'm already highly proficient in C++, in addition to Java, Python, MATLAB and swift (all self-taught) but I imagine slapping on a physics/math degree on top of that can only be a good thing, and I'm sure I'd be able to get a positive ROI on whatever I'd be paying for the degree.
>>
>>3033436
Engineering/CS are both top tier degrees, it comes down to what your personal brand of autism excels in. I am good at physics/engineering concepts, but it's all just unbelievably boring as fuck to the point where no (realistic) salary would ever make an engineering major worth it. But I love CS and still enjoy reading about it after I get home from my dev job. So even if I'm taking a salary hit by doing this, it is 100% worth it.

tdlr: look up study material and exams for all of these majors and decide which one you like best. You will probably end up with a strong opinion.
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
You're stuck in the 20th century mentality, OP
>hurr I can take a hammer and build a factory to make cars, fix this gene, build a rocket, program a computer durr
Please. There's billions of poojeets and other 3rd worlders for this shit. Do you really want to compete with poojeets for scraps? This is a losing strategy right from the start: you're going to be barely making enough money to afford food, some sort of transportation appliance in order to get to your job and a roof over your head. You need to get out of your 20th century thinking and get into 21st century mentality. I know people joke about "rare pepe market" all the time, but we are truly living in the meme economy right now. All you need to do is generate new memes/meanings right now in order to be successful. You don't need any physical assets (they're actually going to be holding you back in the new economy), you don't need to have any in-depth technical knowledge (there's billions of poojeets on upwork for that), but most importantly you don't even need a lot of starting capital to break out of wagecuckery. Now I know there's going to be a lot of wagies who will start screaming at the top of their lungs how I'm wrong, how I'm a stupid neet and REEEEEEE, but come on now... These people are too young (maybe not physically, but mentally retarded), too invested in the 20th century paradigm and lack any critical thinking abilities. It's taken me close to 10 years to formulate this knowledge and understand what's really happening. Even when you talk about these meme university degrees... you realize they're just memes, right? And they use these memes to liberate you of real hard-earned money.

t. STEM grad
>>
>>3035231
It still very much is but I've never met anyone working in any part of the field that isn't burned out
>>
I am going to have a Finance degree in three semesters. I am going to join a new blood team involved in crypto. I am going to be rich. As long as I find an in...
>>
The degree isn't as important as how you use it. As long as it has practical applications and shits your skills, it's what you should pursue. Anything else is just biased wank and you're not going to make it being bogged down in a field you choose out of nowhere, because you have no motivation to intellectually progress past money, which is always a path to failure.
>>
pure math with a philosophy minor obviously
>>
>>3035330
How do you profit from making memes/meanings?
>>
>>3033436

computerscience with business minor

you can work self employeed if you want
gain actual knowledge about economics etc

pretty nice desu
>>
>>3033844
>/s
>>>/out/
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>3036097
You brainwash normies into giving you their money. Cryptos are a perfect example of this: buy some virtual "money" for real currency. It's a brilliant scam with no criminal element and ROI of millions/billions percent.
>>
DO NOT MINOR IN ANYTHING

it is just another subtype of scam associated with higher education
it lets them get more tuition out of you while costing you grades and free time
pick ONE MAJOR, focus hard, and do well in it

employers don't give a fuck about your minor, you could have spent the money and time learning other skills you can list on your resume that the specific employer will be way more responsive to
>>
Does someone here have a Finance Degree?! Please I need your help! It's a question on Duration Gap Analysis:

Q: A Bank has 50 million in Assets and 40 million Liabilities, with a DUR.L = 2.5 years. Supposed the banks own Assets depreciate by 2% (NW/A= -0.02) when the interest goes from 5% - 6%.

a) What is the Duration Gap

b) What is the Duration on the Assets.

How am I supposed to know the duration gap when I have no idea of the duration on the Assets? The correct answer to a) 2,1053 and b) DUR.A= 4,1053.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.