[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making Own Marketplace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 0-zCvrlOExzeZqaEAx.jpg (449KB, 2000x1203px) Image search: [Google]
0-zCvrlOExzeZqaEAx.jpg
449KB, 2000x1203px
I know enough C++ and Standard Library to make a crypto exchange like bittrex but with no fiats. I'm wondering what features you /biz/nessmen want. I'll probably be done in a year since school's starting lmao.

I also have a few questions:

How much commission to take for each sale
How do I pay taxes
How do I implement KYC successfully and legally
How do I integrate some shitcoins into my program such as SIGT. Do I include the headers and compile or what?

and most important:
which coins to take (i know neo, qtum, strat, btc,eth,ltc,xrp)
>>
File: 97683468.gif (655KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
97683468.gif
655KB, 500x281px
>>3030826
Say, OP-kun.

Given that 0x Protocol is ICOing (and possibly distributing) in 3 days or so, wouldn't it make sense to use it in order to build a decentralized exchange?
>>
0 commisions
set it up on some caribbean island and don't pay taxes
>>
>>3030846
>0x Protocol
no bcause it wont make money as easily, and because non-ethereum based coins need market too
>>
>>3030861
how do i pay for hosting then
>>
File: 985437356.gif (957KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
985437356.gif
957KB, 500x281px
>>3030862
Oh. That makes sense I suppose!

Well, I'm not sure how to answer those questions OP-kun. But I *do* know that there are some sites/services that help you build a crypto exchange. Maybe you can ask them?

>https://www.btctrader.com/
>https://www.alphapoint.com/index.html
>>
>>3030910
ok, but what coins would u like to see tho, like the non shitcoins
>>
>>3030826
I think you are in over your head.
>>
File: 90734693.jpg (466KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
90734693.jpg
466KB, 1280x720px
>>3030925
Well, I think you should start with tokens that are used for platform purposes, as they are generally more liquid.

So I would say Bitcoin (as the main medium and as a platform itself once RSK comes out), Ethereum, Stratis, Waves, Lisk, Ark, Obsidian (once it finishes ICOing), Aeternity (once they're distributed, and maybe District0x (Though not a platform for dapps and ETH-specific, it is a platform for decentralized marketplaces and communities).

Sounds like a reasonable start, right?
>>
>>3030826
I would refrain from it if I were you
think about it, not only the time it will take you
the most important thing is noone will put shit in your exchange, and you will be left with nothing
unless you have an insanely good product and very good pr, but I doubt it
don't loose your time!
>>
>>3030826
Why don't you just program a game, like minecraft
>>
File: 1461657027399.jpg (495KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1461657027399.jpg
495KB, 1462x1462px
>i know c++ so i can make a high performance time series engine and deal with the maintenance issues for each individual shitcoin
>>
>>3031161
>>3031161
>>3031161

kys op
>>
>>3031161
might work better in just C, dipshit
>>
>>3030826
I can already tell from your post that you're just a hobbyist programmer, if that.

An exchange is not a hobbyist project. The security issues alone are a nightmare. There will be thousands of people trying to gain unauthorized access 24/7. Do you have experience with web security? Because you're looking at bank level shit here. You can't afford a single bug that will affect your users' balances, either. It also needs to be performant and stable with 99.9+% uptime. You also need an API so users can integrate their own software with it, and that creates another security challenge. You also need DDoS protection, because DDoSing exchanges is one way people manipulate currency values.

Even if you were a professional developer, this is not even close to a 1-man job. Maybe back in 2010 you could've just slapped some shit together, but that won't fly these days.
>>
>>3031265
this
>>
File: giphy.gif (754KB, 400x358px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
754KB, 400x358px
>OP runs an exchange out of his mom's basement
>shitty code gets hacked
>loses everyone's coins
>>
Any2any
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.