[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self Employment/ Niche Filling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Eversharp doric.jpg (13KB, 500x248px) Image search: [Google]
Eversharp doric.jpg
13KB, 500x248px
How many of you are self employed and what niche did you find that you fill.
Pic Related: I found out that I rather enjoy repairing pens and have been steadily building a client base. I am currently averaging 10 pens a week at 40 dollars profit per pen. I am hoping to double that number by the end of the year and begin working on higher end pens which should increase my profit margin.
>>
Can someone like me get into pen repair anon? Please help a pooranon out
>>
>>3026155
Self employed. Drawing. Pic related.

Yours is superduper niche. Nice work anon.
>>
>>3026329
Not really. Try to find your own niche, I got into pen repair as a hobby and it has turned into a decent income source for me, well decent for a full time college student. If you really want to get into it then you better start researching. I have had to gain a knowledge of antique materials, metallurgy, modeling, and various other skills. It is only worth it because I enjoy what I do.
>>
>>3026448
Dude I fap like 8 times a day

I'M pretty confident I can repair a pencil.
>>
>>3026155
Damn you remind me of the anon that had high returns from rebuilding Kirby vacuum cleaner clutches.
>>
File: viso fill.png (138KB, 813x373px) Image search: [Google]
viso fill.png
138KB, 813x373px
>>3026853
>>
>>3026873
There is decent money in various niche repair jobs. I have done a lot of odd jobs before landing on pen repair. I've done electric motor repair, engine work, and lots of other stuff. The good news is I already have 70K in my investment account at 21. It's not amazing but my yearly cost is under 5K as scholarships pay for most expenses. I am trying to put away 60% of my earnings my investment account, I have also allotted 5% of my income to play with Crypto-currency. I also got a big leg up from when I was bought 100 BTC in 2012, I have been very lucky.
>>
>>3026155
Self employed here. I am a financial analyst. I work primarily in commercial real estate doing underwriting and valuation, but I also make models for other things too. One of my current projects is a client facing model for a reverse mortgage company. It's pretty easy if you know how to work excel and make shit look good. The trick is to make them retard proof, sales people can break a financial model by looking at them.
I left the industry full time about two years ago; mostly use past clients for work and of course word of mouth.
>>
>>3027138
I have never understood how so many people have trouble using excel. I mean I fell like 80% of the country must be legitimately retarded for how much people bitch about excel.
>>
>>3027098

I'm sort of in a similar situation. What do you plan on doing with your $70K? Put it into BTC again? I'm still riding off my initial investment.
>>
Looking to get into dropshipping, have no clue on what to sell yet.
Was thinking of watches or sunglasses but those are pretty over-done already.
Gotta find something that's stable, uncommon, yet in demand.
>>
>>3027271
Kinda, I still have BTC as I sold off when it originally peaked in 2013 and then bought back in when it crashed. I am tempted to just sell them and buy some property that I can use as a rental property but right now it is more of a tax issue then anything.
>>
>>3027397
I looked at drop shipping for a while but it is not like it was even 5 or 6 years ago. The market is kind of saturated right now.
>>
>>3027482
Yeah, there's websites for pretty much everything out there right now. Wish I found out about it sooner.
There are some super niche, unique opportunities still available but I feel my efforts would be go somewhere else.
I just don't want to give up completely on it yet, there still might be a glimmer of hope.
>>
File: Julia Gusano.jpg (187KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Julia Gusano.jpg
187KB, 800x600px
> 40 dollars profit per pen
Just repairing or are you tuning them as well? I thought you needed a huge stock of spare parts for that kind of work.
>>
>>3026155
I'm a project manager for a gaming startup most days, but I also do systems administration for small businesses around my city.

I managed to find a niche within tiny SMBs which don't have much money and I've become very good at creating infrastructures with low financial overhead. I also refurbish very old systems, where the cost of replacement is often 30-60k, if I can.

For new customers I only charge a few thousand for 2-3 weeks' worth of work. I can usually convince the owner into a subscription for on-call support / backup management since the MSPs around here like to overcharge, and if the business is industrial, I can barter out work on my car or home. The overhead to run a business's computers is so low that most weeks I don't have to do anything since my routines are automated.

I don't manage more than a few businesses at a time, so the money goes under the table. It also gives me some flexibility on what I can pivot to if my main business fails.
>>
>>3027526
Depends on the repairs, as for the stock of parts, Yes you do. I do some tuning but I am not an expert nib grinder. I built up a large back log of parts from repairing as a hobby and buying things when I found a good deal. I bought a huge lot of parts from an auction a year and 1/2 ago now. I got what should have been like 3k worth of parts for 600. They were mostly old parker parts but there was also a lot of other parts as well.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.