[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I get a job I don't qualify for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

I need serious help biz. This crypto meme can't go on forever. I'm 23 and still living with my parents. Have finished some college but am hesitant to return. Ideally I'd find a mildly interesting line of work. I loath the idea of working for a company, engaging in the cycle of rampant consumerism and gimmick services. Something somewhat meaningful would be nice. I've got a few entrepreneurial leads which I can now entertain on the side with crypto gains but primarily I want steady, low-medium stress employment that will get me out of the damn house and interacting with people again. I've spent the last few weeks refreshing job listings across multiple cities where I'd consider relocating to. As you'd expect it's mostly unskilled labor, warehouse jobs, and technical work that I am not trained for. But a few days ago I saw a listing for a wastewater plant operator. It's something I could actually see myself doing and enjoying. There are no explicit requirements that I don't meet. Just preferred experience, licenses, and technical skills that will undoubtedly help them discern a good candidate from a shit candidate. On paper I'm that shit candidate. I have an AA in engineering science and 5 years work experience at a place where I frequently used machinery. That's it. Never would I consider applying under a false pretense to a job where I feel completely out of my depths, and liable to harm someone. But reading through the job description this seems like stuff I can dive into without my breaking neck. I have some electrical/mechanical skill that I picked up through my previous job. Basic chemical analysis and lab instruments are nothing new to me. I've met enough town workers to know these sorts of jobs only require what vaguely resembles intelligence. And work ethic. I hustled like hell at my old job and I was extremely competent. If there's one thing I can brag about in my miserable existence it was being the best employee out of 50 other guys. Continued below
>>
None of what this job entails seems beyond my ability. I'm willing to learn every detail about what I don't know. And I learn quick. I already understand the basic process of water treatment and there are actually free courses available on the internet I can absorb.

So how do I sell myself? You can only embellish so much on a resume. The salary is upwards of $20 an hour which I actually don't like because that means it will draw more qualified applicants. I would be happy with $15. But low balling myself wouldn't give employers anymore confidence in me. This is town money anyways, unless they are responsible for the budget what the hell do they care.

PLEASE HELP ME GET THIS JOB
>>
Description and requirements included in the pics
>>
Nice try wagecuck, but we all know how jobs go. They won't teach you anything, then they will scold you for not knowing anything, and that's all that happens.
>>
File: 1477992075911.png (270KB, 416x581px) Image search: [Google]
1477992075911.png
270KB, 416x581px
First, let's see what the damage is. Post your resume anon, so we can see what you have down.

Yes, black out anything revealing your identity if you wish.
>>
My resume is shit because I've only applied to one job after getting my two year degree. It was at an engineering firm and I turned it down, much to my regret today. I haven't created one catered to this job yet because I don't even know if it's worth the time. Literally all that's on my resume is 6 years work experience at a place where I helped customers build shit (hardware store), drove trucks/forklifts etc. I have my AA in engineering science which gives credence to my mathematical/science ability. That's literally it.
>>
>>3025187
Mate have you heard of paragraphs?
>>
>>3025424
Then lie. Say you already know the shit you don't know, then read up enough about it to bullshit your way through the interview.
>>
File: 1477992075916.png (681KB, 851x718px) Image search: [Google]
1477992075916.png
681KB, 851x718px
>>3025424
OP, it's not just content. It's set up: font, font size, margins, use of paragraphs, etc. THEN we can talk about the content.

I need to see it. Otherwise, I can't advise you properly.
>>
I only use 4chan to shill crypto coins, didn't know formatting worked here, sorry.
>>
Is that enough though? I have no idea how many tradies are gonna be flocking out of the woodwork for this job. I can't lie about having a CDL driver license and I can't lie about having worked in a wastewater plant. What I can bullshit is knowing everything about it
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.