[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bot/boys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 15

Where my fellow botter at? How have your returns been the past couple days? Using python or something else?
>>
I use python just because it's fast enough and all the exchanges offer python samples how to connect.
Profit wise, my bot is kinda losing money. ;_;
What's a good strategy?
>>
>>3022683
how are you losing money? margins too small?

I'm using a simple bb strategy. All my profit is coming from inhumanly high volume trading taking tiny profit margins.
>>
>>3022630
Saged.

Shhhhhhhhhh pls
>>
>>3022734
bumped

tell me more op
>>
>>3022630
how does one go about creating a bot? most people on here seem to claim that they "made it from scratch" which doesnt sound at all convincing
>>
>>3022749
Not much to tell. We all know those scalping strategies that are guaranteed to make money but are too fucking boring to do yourself. You let a bot do them for you.
>>
Yeah you can deff do better than the hedgefunds with data analysts and programmers each making $160K+ year
>>
>>3022867
Lol you do realise that those guys create programs which create garaunteed gains and minimise the risk to virtually 0? Anyone can create a profitable bot, those guys just make bots which do not lose money, which is a much much harder task. Plus they have access to bank dark pools, which is where most HFT occurs. Crypto traders have a unique opportunity to make £££ from bots as the market is so volatile
>>
>>3022867
Am i imagining my profits?

>>3022906
Everyone has losing trades. You just need to win more than you lose.
>>
August has been unreal, I've never made money this quickly. My bot is exceeding all my expectations.
>>
I built an arbitrage bot. Numbers projected $300+ steady daily profits on bittrex with $40 risk per trade at about 30 trades per hour. I'm scared of one or two failed API calls fucking me out of profits. Is there a better way? Getting hosted in some of the same colo as bittrex? Lower trading frequency?

What do you think?
>>
what bots are you using ?

https://gekko.wizb.it/docs/introduction/about_gekko.html

how about this one

>>3022942
how much you made ?
>>
Anyone have any good resources to point me in the right direction for making a bot? I know Java and Python if that helps
>>
>>3022970
so you have just backtested it . not live profits

is your own strategy ?
what bot you are using ?
>>
>>3022970
Arbitrage is something that interests me greatly but cross platform programming is not something i wanna burn my hands on desu. Maybe i'm a pussy.

Especially Poloniex is really fucking iffy when it comes to API calls in my experience. I had a lot of trouble with them. I just switched to Bittrex and had no trouble there but a bit less volume :(
>>
>>3022979
This looks pretty decent as a start for >>3022980
>>
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1944274.0

some bots here
>>
>>3022996
There are tons of new USDT markets on bittrex. Beautiful volume contrast play with. I haven't written those in just yet, but I'll have to get on that.
>>
>>3023030
Yeah i saw that. Just returned from holiday and i noticed all the new USDT markets. gotta have a look at that shit.
>>
>>3022990
Yeah. The data doesn't account for failed API calls though as I haven't let it execute the trades yet.
>>
>>3023024
reminder nobody would sell a profitable bot, o next time you consider wasting money ask yourself who would give you a golden eggs goose for pennies
>>
>>3022979
It appears that only supports BTC trading though. Any suggestions for altcoin bots? I was reading about Haasbot but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on the subscription fee yet. Also was looking at Zenbot 4.
>>
>>3022979
Wrote my own. Not at my PC but I think my bot has taken 1.5 btc to 5.7 so far this month.
>>
>>3022705
How will you pay your taxes on thousands of trades? Or will you automate that as well
>>
>>3023122
Exactly. Successful strategies (especially those that are time sensitive) should not be shared. You're increasing competition.

Not only that, but what's stopping some bot creator making a proprietary botnet that each buy small fractions of his shitcoin sell orders en masse, by "mistake"
>>
>>3023190
are you retarded?

>>3023122
They would if they lacked the capital to make good profits. I sold mine a couple times just to make enough money to start trading
>>
File: 1376228192475.jpg (672KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1376228192475.jpg
672KB, 2560x1440px
>>3023190
>he doesn't know how to use a spreadsheet
>>
File: 1447617115294.jpg (24KB, 477x354px) Image search: [Google]
1447617115294.jpg
24KB, 477x354px
>>3023190
>taxes
>>
>>3023190
kek. I make literally hundreds of thousands of trades
>taxes
FUCKING LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>3023122
then share a bot that returns a percentage of profits to you as a fee.
Write it so they can use it freely for 24 hours, then they'll look at those profits and go "OMG I CAN MAKE MONEY DOING NOTHING!!" That's when the pop-up appears saying Please deposit 25% of your profits to this BTC address to continue using this product. With a little check box that says (deposit daily 25% fee automatically) Of course they can transfer it manually if they don't trust you. Zero risk to you. And if you were really black hat you could wait till the program became super popular and have everyone who's running this program, one day, instead of automatically transferring 25% of profits, it transfers 100% of available funds to your account.

Seriously, I shouldn't be giving these ideas away but I'm feeling kinda suicidal cause of DGB.
>>
>>3023327
>give strangers some of your gains
>so later you can steal from them
>m-my brilliance
I'm guessing you don't have a working bot.
>>
>>3023417
>strangers lend you capital to trade with at 0% interest
>give strangers % of gains
>give strangers 100% of losses
>no obligation to return capital that's lent to you
>>
>https://github.com/kroitor/ccxt

what about this?
>>
i wish i could test some trustworthy bot :/
>>
>>3022630
thanks anon
i just looked into bb strategy and bittrex's api
looks fun desu
how long did it take you to write your bot?
>>
>>3023327
you assume there are profitable bots. there aren't.

selling bots is the same as selling shovels. let others dig dirt for non existing gold.
>>
I actually started writing one last night. Even if I can't make it profitable, I can later use the code to ease moving orders and such, which can get pretty tedious when you're against bots constantly one-upping your orders.
>>
What programming language do I need to learn to be able to write a bot?
>>
File: mpvshot0004.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpvshot0004.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>3024424
>>
>>3024424
There's no specific language you need to learn. Pretty much any popular programming language will have what you need. C, C++, Java, NodeJS, Python, Go, C#, you name it. If you're new to programming, perhaps give Python a shot, as it's a pretty easy language to learn.
>>
>>3024989
>NodeJS
I mean JavaScript of course. But typically you'd do something like this using NodeJS.
>>
I'm actually doing this with python but it's going to take me time. I'm using gunbot now, can sell with 10% discount if anyone is interested, hit me up.
>>
>>3024424
Python has all the good machine learning and math libs plus it's very easy to learn while still being a great language that you can be very productive in.
>>
File: trump-pointing.jpg (11KB, 237x300px) Image search: [Google]
trump-pointing.jpg
11KB, 237x300px
>>3024086
>there are no profitable bots
Wrong.
>>
there are plenty of bots available

i don't think it's the bot that's important and more so of your personal strategy
>>
>>3025478
i have a lot of ideas for algos and strategies but no clue if any will be any good. I kinda feel like I wanna try them all and see which one brings the most profit.

How much capital do you give your bots to play with when bench testing them?
>>
>>3025677
You could just do a small amount and see how far you get with that. I've been wanting to allocate about 200k sat with a set 60k sat buy. Depending on the coin you would be able to make a pretty reasonable profit based on small variances in the price. But I haven't finished my bot yet so take this with a grain of salt. If you're really worried about it maybe just do slightly above the minimum
>>
>>3025677
I stick 10 or 20 times the min trade of the exchange on new bots.
>>
>>3025896
Would it even be possible to see large gains if I only sell at like 100 sats over what I bought? Also, what percentage do you guys take a loss at and just buy high?
>>
How does the bot actually work? Do you give it your exchange log in info, let it scan the coins using your strategy and execute buy/sell orders?
>>
>>3026098
>log in info
No, you give it an API key and its secret. Pretty much all exchanges have an API for bots to use.
>>
>>3024989

how about "Rcpp"?

thats my fave for ML and programming ...
>>
>>3022811
ooo pretty

What time period you operating over?
>>
I've been working on a python bot, a friend of mine is interested and has 250 BTC, he'd be ok to try it with 10 BTC.

So far running dry with the data from june to the 10th of August he does 13% of return, because the market was very bull. I know it makes way more BTC on bear markets.

Not sure it's very reliable though. I don't have the data to test it for many years (I need the price every 15 min).
>>
>>3026136
right, but you're basically letting the bot to operate the exchange for you?
>>
>>3026397
yah, data to backtest with is hard to come by... I've been collecting all the data Bittrex has to offer every 30 seconds for a couple of weeks now... but I really need like 3 months of data to test with

If any of you have said data, please get in touch: [email protected]
>>
which exchanges allow the use of trading bots?
>>
This is just a quick tip

RenosCoin (RNS) plans to release a trading bot in Q1 2018. I know the dev and the features he's going to be adding, it's gonna be the best thing out on the market when the full version is out. You need RNS in order to use the bot so buy it and hodl for a while and stake it to gather more coins over the next few months. Big twitter traders are gonna be shilling this bot down the line, due them being friends of ours, so hold RNS.
>>
>>3026498
A good test case would be to have 2014 and 2015 data, because 2014 was very bullish and 2015 bearish, to see how the algo performs for this scenarios.

But I think even this data is worth a lot.
>>
>>3026539
>>3026498

Can't you just take the data from multiple exchanges for a particular coin, and average it?
>>
>>3026191
I've never used R, but I imagine it's just fine for this as well. What you typically need is an HTTP client library, a library to deserialize JSON and HMAC with SHA-512 to sign data with the API secret. For exchanges that have a websocket API, it's usually better to use it, so you might want a websocket client library as well.

>>3026444
Yup. You feed it the price, trades, order books, etc. and let it trade for you based on a certain algorithm.

>>3026509
Virtually every exchange out there. I don't think any of the relevant exchanges don't allow them.
>>
>>3026575
no markets give historical tick data at the minute/second resolution required to meaningfully backtest with...
>>
>>3026539
>But I think even this data is worth a lot.

So, if I write a bot to start collecting as much data as possible, the value of this data will appreciate over time?

Neat
>>
File: bot3.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bot3.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>3026610
is there historical training data or even sim charts fake money,etc somewhere to run simulations on ?/

i wouldn't wanna be flying bind with real money...
>>
>>3026575
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/fast/2fh_period.php?pair=btc-usd&market=kraken&time=1500d&resolution=1h

This gives you the JSON of all the prices for the last 3 years (a bit less, I put 1500 days but their API returns less).
It can maybe help someone.

But I don't like working on an hour gap basis, because, you're missing market movements. It very often jumps +/- $50, and the bot enters a buy/sell frenzy.

1 hour is too long.
15 min is more realistic, since you can see trends coming and you are not taking too much noise from the statistical distribution.

Well that's the current point of my reflexion. My bot earns money so far, probably needs to be tested in real conditions.
>>
File: money.jpg (385KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
385KB, 900x600px
>>3026498
oh i see..

plus crypto data seems very time sensitive...
but it would still be nice to have a link to historical data , even to play around with?

pls share if you can.
>>
>>3022799
It's really not difficult. Most exchanges have pretty thorough REST APIs that can do just about anything. Some of the better exchanges have websocket support.
>>
>>3022979
Gekko seems like a decent bot, but once you check the tests, issues and pull requests you're in for a horror story.

It seems like it is actually calculating RSI wrong - check it yourselves.
>>
>>3026705
>>3026723

Best you can get w/o collecting it yourself is from Bittrex's undocumented API : https://bittrex.com/Api/v2.0/pub/market/GetTicks?marketName=BTC-ETH&tickInterval=oneMin
>>
>>3026682
Well, how come nobody is giving its data easily and for free. Considering the fact that there is a shiton of data to save, you are paying for at least the hardware to store it, at most for a server on the cloud.

I can barely estimate the price of a full set of data from Bittrex for instance, with volumes, books, trades... $10k? I know they are big jews.

Also contrary to what most people think, data on a computer is more fragile than on a paper.
>>
>>3025039
Stop right there. Node is horrible when it comes down to scalability and error handling. It is just noob friendly, hence the popularity.

I've been programming in Node for over a few years now, recently put it aside.
>>
File: bot4.jpg (13KB, 635x441px) Image search: [Google]
bot4.jpg
13KB, 635x441px
>>3026782

cool thanks.

could be fun to mess around with an innocent data scraping bot at least .
>>
>>3026794
I'm just saying that if you were to code it in JavaScript, you'd typically do it in nodejs. What other JS runtime environment would be better suited for this? I can't imagine trying to run a bot on top of a browser at least.
>>
>>3026643
Poloniex' returnTradeHistory

You're welcome anon
>>
>>3026887
Alright, if that's the point you're trying to make, then yes, you're right. I thought you were advocating use of NodeJS for this type of work.

My only advice is to steer away from JS environments when it comes down to handling your money. It's easy to setup, but even easier to fuck up.
>>
>>3026262
trading on the 15M with a refresh rate of 1M
>>
Whats your strategies, botbuilders?

I made one in python which would buy/sell on EMA crossovers and it proved amazing on tests BUT I didn't account for the taxes and the possibility of people not fulfilling my orders, so it lost some money on practice.

Stopped working on it during this small crash last months and now I'm motivated to try again.
>>
>>3026950
I use and prefer node but indeed if you don't know what you're doing it is notoriously easy to fuck up money math because muh floats.
>>
>>3026904
oh sick, can't believe I missed this... thanks so much.
>>
File: bot2.jpg (45KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
bot2.jpg
45KB, 736x981px
>>3027072
>>3026904
where is this, under what tab?
screenshot?
>>
I have been really interested in creating a bot for trading. Recently graduated with a degree in comp sci and know Python, C, and Java very well.

What do you guys who have coded bots recommend to learn how to do it? Any good strategies? Would love to talk on discord or skype or something.
>>
>>3027194
Everything you need an be done in python pretty much. I know people who have programmed their bot only in python.
>>
>>3027194
Hey I made a discord for bot making and discussions

https://discord.gg/TBB4jUq

Feel free to join, anyone
>>
>started writing a program to trade crypto
>thought i was a revolutionary
>come into this thread
>everybody has already done it
>>
>>3027268
Of course it has been done before, the thing is doing it in the most efficient way possible.

If we get together and trust eachother maybe we can build something amazing

https://discord.gg/TBB4jUq
>>
>>3027246
I joined it

>>3027225
Yeah man I assumed. I meant strategy and such. I've worked with API's in python before so it won't be a problem.
>>
>>3026782
Are there other undocumented ones?
>>
>>3027340
Poloniex V2 API is poorly documented
>>
which one of you fagots are programing your bot in lisp?
>>
>>3027142
Public API Methods
>>
>>3022630
i can't even make consistently profitable trades without a bot
>>
>>3028612
oh and i'm a software developer w/ network experience so if anyone wants to create something collaboratively (you give me your billion dollar idea, i will code it and share with you) post an email address!
>>
>>3028642
actually. email me here:

[email protected]
>>
>>3028670
Nice! Just sent 100k.
>>
Look for gunbot anon
>>
For backtesting: Why not simply backtest against the live data?
Simply pull the live buy and sell orders and order fill from bittrex via websocket, let your bot place faux orders, close them when a real order fill comes with the same price as the faux order you placed. Record everything and see how your bot performs.

Would that not work?
>>
>>3029180
It would take ages as you would want to include different trends.
>>
>>3029247
You're right, makes sense. A combination of tetsing on historical data and live data is probably best.
Anyway if you want bot training data try this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1OvWD6KkITadHNQY1RpdGV0ek0/edit
>>
>>3022630
Did you write this yourself or is it open source? Are you willing to share/sell it? pls anon
>>
I'm subscribing to a bunch of market feeds using Poloniex's websocket API, and storing that data in influxdb. I want to use this data to detect anomalies in volume and price as they happen and send me alerts. A bot may come later, but I want to get the data in place first.
>>
>>3022811

Do you use a huge leverage for your scalping? Otherwise your profit must be eaten by exchange fees, or I'm missing something?
>>
>>3029289
Why would you test on historical data? Trade minimums are very small and the market is constantly changing, 2016 will never happen again.
>>
>>3023186
What strategy are you using?
>>
File: pepepepe.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
pepepepe.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
How the fuck do I make a bot
>>
File: iofewu39898.jpg (16KB, 351x329px) Image search: [Google]
iofewu39898.jpg
16KB, 351x329px
>>3029868
With anime.
>>
>>3029868

I feel you man, I have no idea how to code beyond extremely basic things.

My friend does though, but he knows nothing about economics and trading..

Dno if we could build one together or it'd just be a total failure
>>
File: Co-pilot.jpg (123KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Co-pilot.jpg
123KB, 500x375px
>>3029827
I'm using an original strategy.
>>
Anyone here working with neural networks or just leveraging TA?
>>
>>3029971
I know there's at least 1 anon who was getting good results with neutral networks in testing, I'd love to know how his bot is performing. Hopefully he didn't give up during the dip.
>>
im building a framework with wrappers for multiple apis that can be used to implement arbitrage strategies... just havnt tested enough to start running strategies..... and dont know of any good strategies
>>
>>3029987
I bought the 16 core Threadripper yesterday and have four 1080TIs to put in that rig. Can't wait to watch this rig chew up and shit out whatever neural net I code for it. Switching to four Vega 64s when that launches for muh 0.1 petaflop FP16
>>
>>3029971
fuck it, I'm gonna start coding again. Though it will probably take me a while to get good again.
>>
my trading algorithm flips a coin to decide weather to buy or sell.

So far it's doing better than me.
>>
>>3028670
emailed you
>>
>>3023255
This guy~ Bahahaha

Mfw hundreds of crypted coins making millions of transactions a day. Don't rip off the gov't by all means, but dont go buying a house without proof of income. ya know what I mean Flapjack?
>>
>>3029817
If you only test uptrend and all of the sudden there's a huge crash.. Well, you don't know how your algo is going to act.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.