[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Mom Found out I was Buying Stocks. Now No Longer Part of the Family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

File: stock.jpg (97KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
stock.jpg
97KB, 540x720px
Thanks /biz/. You said the worst thing you have to lose is your money. Now i am no longer allowed to be part of my family since my mom caught me on the stock market. Yes im 18 years old before anyone screems underage but this goes to show. The stock market can LITERALLY ruin your life.
>>
I'm not even going to ask, I don't care. Fuck off.
>>
>>3016432
Reminds me of when my mom caught me doing creatine
>>
>>3016444
No one gives a fuck about your opinion. Fuck off
>>
>>3016432
Reminds me of when my mom caught me doing the cleaning lady.
>>
My mom caught me trading shitcoins. We fucked.
>>
Give her a good smack then demand some chickun tendies and hot pockets. That'll teach her.
>>
I'm sure she'd be pissed if she caught you doing your taxes or cooking your own food too, faggot.
>>
>>3016432
how do you get caught on the stock market? and why would it be a problem

plus today was just a shit day because of all the trump/nk nonsense. all you had to do was stay quiet and hodl for a bit
>>
>>3016496
Those are things parents would like tho
>>
>>3016498
My mom searched my room and found a note of stock prices. So she installed a software to see what I was doing on the computer and found out I'm trying to invest which she doesn't believe in
>>
>>3016505

Tell her that she's a fucking retard and that you are literally guaranteed to lose money by having it sit and go through inflation
>>
>>3016513
It's not about losing money she just doesn't like the concept of making money through stocks. She said they were "greedy scumbags" and said "i don't want a stock market freak in this house"
>>
>>3016528
By any chance are you from the south?
>>
>>3016538
Yes. Mississippi, how did you know?
>>
>>3016528
sounds just like my mom, she only believes in breaking your back to earn a dime which i already semi do since im in landscaping, but she believes in "Honest" money. but thats just women "logic".
>>
>>3016564
My dad agrees with her too but not to the estremem extent. What would some arguments against it by
>>
>>3016528

>economic growth through investment frightens the simple southern woman
>>
Are you Amish?
>>
>>3016572
Be*
>>
>>3016575
Well she just says it's disgusting and corrupt which I understand why she feels that way
>>
>>3016584
No
>>
>>3016626
Dont side with your retarded family. They are the kind of people who should be exterminated from this earth.
>>
>>3016665
They are dumb about this but don't say that. They are just more about industry rather than finiancialization
>>
>>3016665
OP doesn't seem all too smart either if he needs to ask us to convince his parents to let him spend his own money
>>
>>3016626

Explain to her that investment literally fuels company growth and by extension gets people hired and the economy moving along

while the federal reserve literally steals money from you during the course of inflation
>>
>>3016432
Call them out on being pieces of shit for throwing you out over something so trivial. These fucking "moral" people are the worse.
>>
>>3016687
If your parents yelled at you a lot you'd understand why I don't want to be on their bad side
>>
>>3016679
Nah, they are dumb in general. Let me guess, religious too right?

Fuck your family, and fuck you if you dont understand how they are absolute trash. Get out of there and dont look back.
>>
File: 1498414902981.png (598KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1498414902981.png
598KB, 808x805px
GUYS

MY FAMILY JUST ABANDONED ME AND SAYS I HAVE TO PAY 120% OF MY INCOME (pretax) AS RENT NOW

MY MOM CAUGHT ME SAVING WOJACKS AND TOLD MY DAD
MY DAD SAID THAT WE ONLY BUY THE DIPS IN THIS HOUSE

I TRIED TO TELL HIM THAT BUY HIGH SELL LOW WAS THE MOTTO, BUT HE'S NOT HAVING IT

WHAT CAN I DO /BIZ/?
THIS IS A VIOLATION OF MY AMENDMENT RIGHTS
>>
>>3016694
Thing is she said before investment and finance everyone still had jobs. Like look at the 1700s everyone was employed. Look now you have people who want to work but xant
>>
File: 1500246648018.png (366KB, 583x608px) Image search: [Google]
1500246648018.png
366KB, 583x608px
I'M SERIOUS GUYS
HOW CAN I CONVINCE MY DAD TO BE /OUR GUY/?
SHOULD I SELL HIS PORTFOLIO LOW WHEN HE ISN'T LOOKING?
SERIOUSLY GUYS HELP ME OUT
>>
>>3016718
Yeah it's annoying how trying to be so ethical makes people act like douchebag

>>3016728
Very religious. They love the line in the Bible where jesus throws the money changers out
>>
>>3016727
You gotta be trolling at this point ye?
>>
>>3016768
No I'm fucking not. If you had your mom going "you sick twisted freak, you filthy brat, I'll call up Andrew (our uncle) and he'll come over too! Buying stocks because yoyr too much of a little pansy to make an honest living! Get out of my sight you worthless fucking brat" at the top of her lungs you'd understand. It's the most uncomfortable feeling
>>
>>3016804
jesus christ what a cunt
>>
>>3016817
At other times she's really nice though. Like she makes everyone dinner and stuff and is really nice a lot of the time
>>
>>3016804
Just threaten to kill yourself, or better yet, do it. That'll show them.
>>
>>3016505
>smart enough to install monitoring software
>dumb enough to believe that stocks are the devil

yeah ok pal
>>
>>3016804
Kill her
>>
>>3016848
She could have got someone else to do it. Downloading it yourself is TOTALLY the only way to do it. Also nice fallacy

>Smart enough to invent calculus
>dumb enought to believe in supernatural bullshit
Yeah ok pal newton is totally real
>>
Parents should be supportive of the stock market and investors themselves. Clearly they are dumb rednecks like that photo you have of yourself.
>>
>>3016741
We also didn't have things like industry and 327 million people in the country in the 1700s. Your mom is retarded.
>>
>move in with friend and his family
>his dad notices I am trading BTC
>FAKE COIN STOP THROWING YOUR MONEY THERE IS NOTHING BACKING IT LIKE GOLD
>YOU ARE TOSSING YOUR MONEY INTO A FURNACE
>explain to him that I have made $2,000 in crypto
>$2,000 IN MONOPOLY MONEY DOESNT MEAN SHIT
>show him my bank statement with the deposit from the exchange into my bank account
>MUH GOLD BACK FIAT
>>
>>3016899
The photo is just a joke but they are southerners
>>
>>3016916
Yeah she is but retarded arguments. Populations have nothing to do with jobs. Since more people means more demand. We could easily have everyone being a farmer with a high population because you'd have many more eaters. That's besides the point.
>>
my parents taught me the stock market was evil too

im a manager now at burger king
>>
>>3016918
My parents are super pro gold as well because it's biblical
>>
>>3016741
No, most people were homeless, afflicted with disease, or starving.
>>
>>3016972
Awww man you could have been a Wendy's chef!!!

Jokes aside that's not a bad job at all. I would love to be a manager
>>
>>3016505
Women are so fucking dumb, my girlfriends mom was giving me the same nonsense except she was just worried which made me girlfriend bitch.
>>
>>3016976
But didn't they all have jobs due to low productivity so more work had to be done
>>
File: only ever killed communists.png (313KB, 664x648px) Image search: [Google]
only ever killed communists.png
313KB, 664x648px
>>3016956
Modern agriculture doesn't require as many people as it did back then. Forcing jobs to split between multiple people just to inflate job numbers is commie talk pal.
>>
>>3016992
Worried about what? What do you mean she was worried you would lose all your money
>>
>>3017009
I am on your side it's just that's not a good argument because even with no investment people would still be employed, just in very Shitty jobs with low productiviit due to poor allocation of resources
>>
>>3016918
Jesus I am so glad I didn't get this shit. My dad argued with me a little on it but he didn't even get mad at all.
>>
>>3017023
Yes, saying it was like gambling, assuming I'll lose all my money.. But they don't know squat about stocks so every time my girlfriend brought it up she just ended up getting upset because she had no fucking basis.
>>
>>3017061
It is like gambling in a way dont you think? Just like anything
>>
>>3016451
See yourself >>3016432
>>
>>3017115
And?
>>
>>3016754

These stupid as fuck posts just make me laugh.
>>
>>3017086
It isn't gambling, it is a calculated risk. Gambling is throwing money hoping to make some randomly. In any Investing effort there is risk involved, there is risk with anything in life to make money, you do research and analysis to lessen chances of losing money.
>>
Why don't you move out if you're such a big man?
>>
>>3016500
How is investing not though?
>>
>>3017253
My parents consider investers scumbags
>>
>>3016432
Your mom was implying you get into NEO instead so that you actually make some real money
>>
Just buy neo. Bitches love that shit.
>>
>>3016987
my dad said only women are allowed in the kitchen, i set my sights high on the manager spot

dad is proud, mom abides
>>
>>3017243
No response to this op? Clearly you're suckling her teats
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.