[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What type of people to hire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: fi.jpg (74KB, 596x320px) Image search: [Google]
fi.jpg
74KB, 596x320px
I work for a large manufacturing company and have been given the chance to hire 3 new engineers. This is unusual for my position. The positions are entry level and most applicants are students. The GPAs range from 2.0-4.0, and school names range from Bumfuck Nowhere to Ivy League. Extracurriculars are all over the place.

Im thinking Ivy league hires are my best bet since they will make the same wage and they went to harder schools. On the other hand maybe average students will get along better with the team here.

Any thoughts on how to pick out the star candidates from this lineup?
>>
>>3015178
just don't hire any women or niggers and you should be fine
>>
>>3015178
base it on shitcoin hodlings
>>
>>3015178

Give the average schools a shot. Build employee loyalty and you'll have productive workers for years. The Ivy Leaguers know they're in demand, so they'll fuck off the first chance they get.
>>
Choose the higher level applicants. Obviously having a higher GPA and being from a prestige university with a low acceptance rate proves their worth. Plus why the fuck would you hire someone with an engineering degree with a 2.0 GPA? Even if their not Ivy League, you should choose the guy with the higher GPA
>>
>>3015178
How large is large?
>>
>>3015427
>how to hire someone who doesn't know engineering: the post

>>3015178
GPA and university mean fuck-all in engineering. Ask to see projects that they've worked on, and also ask them to design some simple widget for you. Hire the one with the best projects and/ or solution.

t. mechanical engineer
>>
>>3015383
this. ivy leagues will soon look for a better job position, but it's not necessarily true.

>>3015427
>you should choose the guy with the higher GPA
Dont listen to this fag. Only autists think GPA is what makes the value of an employee. It has been scientifically proven than higher GPA do not perform better in the workplace.

What I would suggest is to make them meet with the entire team and take their opinion seriously. If the candidates are all equally skilled to do the technical part of the job, and the whole team has a clear preference with one candidate over the others, it may be a good decision to take him. I would avoid narcissist scums.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/on-leadership/wp/2015/07/23/this-ceo-lets-his-workers-elect-their-bosses/
>>
>>3015178
Hire based off the interview, not resume.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.