[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Own place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: a1a.png (332KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
a1a.png
332KB, 600x450px
Lads, I might buy my own place today.

The current price is 170K. Someone is renting it for 1K/month. The owner of the place is a good business partner of mine. But the price needs to drop with 10K, any good negotation tactics?

Also

PRAISE KEK FOR GOOD ENDING

PRAISE KEK
>>
>>3008282
Buy it.
Airbnb it.
>>
>>3008286
Somebody is already renting it for 1K a month..
>>
>>3008282
Read pic related
>>
>>3008282
Start at a low price(not too low),come up with a sob story and tell him how much having your own house would help you
>>
Tell him the truth that you can't afford it unless he drops the price. Then have it inspected and use cost of repairs against the sale price to bring down the price even further.
>>
>>3008988
Only fair way of negotiating the price. Especially if it's needes repairs that won't allow you to rent it out in the future.

Also 1k/month on 170k house is pretty shit. If anything, at that price you should be looking at $1700. Rule is at minimum 1% of value of house return in rent

Can this house be converted into Multifamily home with two units?
>>
This thread triggered in me a question I was wondering
If I had an amount like OP ( let's say 200k ) would it be best to buy a house and live in even though you have close to nothing into stocks/crypto ( 15k ) or , just put almost everything into stock, crypto, business whatever , and rent a place for say 800/1000€-month ?
>>
>>3009054
1% rule is bare minimum. It was 2% easily a few year ago. My feeling is the when rent is less than 1% prices are due for a correction.
>>
>>3009165
>buy house
>negotiate good mortgage (since you already have the house)
>invest mortgage money
Keep in mind that I live with my parents but I think I heard this advice before a few times.
>>
>>3009259
Thanks . Just googled it and it seems doable even in France
>>
>>3008282
have you done a survey anon?
Off the bat you should offer 15k under asking price which is still only 8pc less subject to survey. Let him talk you up to 10k but make wincing faces that you are really not sure financially.
Once the survey comes back you get feedback on repairs / upgrades that you can aim to knock off the asking price.
As a landlord he should be budgeting at least 10 pc of rent for expenses every year (at least they will be claiming the tax).
Find out if the rent is under market price - yes it's an income stream but if you were to let it out tomorrow you might be able to get more. (Swings and roundabouts - try and nullify the value prop for this counter argument).
Be prepared to walk away if you don't get the price you want. Once you make an offer shut up and let him say the next thing.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.