[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GameCredits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (13KB, 321x202px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
13KB, 321x202px
What is this and what are your thoughts on it?
>>
What self-respecting enterprise would use a single green testicle as its logo?
>>
>>3006819
I just wanna know why this over Bitcoin or litecoin for games
>>
>>3007315
I feel the same. I kinda like the idea of it though
>>
dev here for a mobile mmo planned to launch in 2020 (its well into development but small team). we are using eth for the in game currency (the idea is players make real crypto gains by playing).

most shit coins can be replaced with vanilla eth and are at most money grabs.
>>
As we speak, they are advertising on a blockchain conference in Mumbai. They have an app stores that support GAME credits as token. They have an actual working product. This shit's about to moon.
>>
>>3007559
>most shit coins can be replaced with vanilla eth and are at most money grabs.

I don't 100% agree with you here. Most shitcoins can be replaced with btc or LTC, but eth isn't actually a currency as much as it is fuel for the network. Using ETH for traditional money is like buying your groceries and paying in diesel.

I know that miners would love to have everyone using eth for everything, and investors would like to as well, but people who actually plan to use etherium for commercial use etc in the next 5 years as functional dapps get developed might not want to see what is effectively a utility coin get drastically inflated. I guess the only advantage is that the more expensive it is, gas costs would get lower per line of code, I'd think.

I guess the downside is that the miners are the ones making the system run, but they're in it for profits, which means it's far less likely that they want to see a healthy eth economy and more likely they just want those SICK MOONS BRO
>>
game credits = payment to devs and shit

mobilego = payments to other players or something

i held mobilego from 80k to 30k and its my biggest crypto regret
>>
>>3007559
>we are using eth for the in game currency (the idea is players make real crypto gains by playing).

Who's paying for distribution of in-game currency for task rewards? Do you expect players to dump real money into your game in order to play it?

If you don't have any in-game tasks which give rewards (i.e. RPG-like fighting which explodes monsters into money), how is it an MMO?

Do you plan on acting like an exchange, where you only distribute "credits" of the in-game currency between players while acting as an ETH escrow, or do you plan on letting players directly exchange between each other with you only acting as an intermediary?

If the former, how do you guarantee players you haven't become insolvent? More importantly, how do you deal with players who have quit the game but left funds?

If the latter, how the fuck are you making money if you don't skim? Selling copies of a game is not the business model of an MMO.

How do you plan on dealing with the legal challenges of accepting currency from worldwide customers without using an intermediary, like XSolla?
>>
>>3007747

You realize it's the same team right? Fucking idiot
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.