[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arizona

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1497654223664.png (290KB, 853x700px) Image search: [Google]
1497654223664.png
290KB, 853x700px
Give me the rundown on the Phoenix area

How's the jobs there? How's the lifestyle?

I am currently in Chicago and need to go somewhere with a better economy. There are no entry-level jobs here, and I am a recent college graduate
>>
ask this guy
>>>/adv/18606112
>>
>>3006678
>asking a low-test beta board anything
>>
File: 1491530100945.jpg (711KB, 930x807px) Image search: [Google]
1491530100945.jpg
711KB, 930x807px
if you're white you don't have a future south of the Mogollan Rim.

Born and raised here ama i guess. I've been all over the world and the country so i have perspective i suppose.
>>
File: SOUTHWEST.jpg (49KB, 748x281px)
SOUTHWEST.jpg
49KB, 748x281px
>>3006706
Holy shit tell me everything.

How does it compare to the rest of the USA? I have been looking all over the country for a place to move, but I find the Phoenix area appealing because it has a lot of entry-level jobs, desert, and access to mountains. I like /out/ a lot so I would like to be near some good nature stuff.

How is the economy there exactly? Everybody tells me it's good.

I have also noticed that everybody either loves or hates Arizona, no in-between. They say it's a polarizing place.

Give me the whole run-down on re-locating there.
>>
>>3006706
Also, how bad is the pollution really?
>>
File: climatechange.jpg (55KB, 460x461px) Image search: [Google]
climatechange.jpg
55KB, 460x461px
>>3006720
i'm about to hit they hay so i'll try my best.

>>3006720
>How does it compare to the rest of the USA?
Hot as literal fuck, man. The memes are real. People will say muh dry heat. Fuck off. You can barely think straight with the heat. I do manual labor in the woods, firefighter, so I have to be in shitty situations all the time and even to me the heat island effect of Phoenix is insane. Winters are mild though, and can be comfy. Monsoons are seasonal during August / September and can be fun.

>>3006720
>I like /out/ a lot so I would like to be near some good nature stuff.
Okay so as a lifetime nature fag i will say two things. Arizona is one of the best places for wildlife, nature, exploration, riding, hiking etc. Phoenix is one of the worst. Hiking isn't something you can just go do here. Let's put it like this: Camelback Mountain is the closest 'day hike' in the metro area and literally is in the middle of a golf course, is always packed, never has parking and literally has a line for hiking. Waiting in line. To hike. Absolutely degenerate.

But the mountains like the Superstitions are sick as fuck, but that's a dedicated day trip depending on where you live.

>economy
Used to be entirely based on the housing boom. that collapsed and combined with demographic replacement basically fat goblin mexicans and retarded dindus do most service jobs which are the majority. Healthcare is iirc the biggest industry here. Banner Healthcare is a big franchise. We also have... let's see. Quite a few Amazon warehouses. Healthcare i'd guess is the biggest industry. GoDaddy and Yelp have offices here too, but it's not startup heaven.

>pollution
Valley fever is a pulmonary disease that affects a lot of people basically pollution and shit pollen permeates the air of the valley and will mess up younger people sometimes. The air is simply terrible but it's not Shanghai or LA or anything. Flagstaff and Prescott are crisp as can be.
>>
>>3006776
Thanks. If you're still awake:

Are there a lot of tech jobs out there right now? And is it really an "entry-level" paradise?
>>
>>3006794
>Are there a lot of tech jobs out there right now? And is it really an "entry-level" paradise?
I have no idea where this meme comes from. Redpill me on this. GoDaddy used to be bigger and more easy to get into. Yelp has some. If you have experience and IT or CS knowledge then yeah I suppose those have great potential.
>>
>>3006801
Many publications have written that Phoenix has the most entry-level positions in America.
>>
>>3006813
in what industry? there are plenty of places to work in the service industry here, no doubt
>>
>>3006825
Doesn't name it specifically, but I hear that the tech-industry is doing well out there. Also heard the same thing about Boise.

IF you could move anywhere in America, where would you go?
>>
>>3006834
>IF you could move anywhere in America, where would you go?
some small town in Montana or Oregon. but im that kind of guy. A lot of people like Phoenix no doubt. Is cheap to live here. but it's also a giant parkig lot
>>
>>3006872
I'm only interested in Phoenix for the potential jobs/work. I just graduated with a business degree, but your line of work could probably be taken to somewhere like Montana or rural Oregon.

I'd like to move to a small western town, but most of them seem like they've been rek't since the 2008 recession and have not recovered. I am somewhat interested in Colorado Springs too, but I hear that place basically revolves around the areospace base
>>
>>3006872
I live in ahwautukee. Moved here nine months ago from Texas. Giant parking lot is an apt description.
>>
>>3006905
>>3006905
Hey i stayed out in Selma by San Antonio for a while, reminds me of Phoenix a bit but San Antonio does have better downtown area if thats your deal. The 300 black people in Arizona are all downtown Phoenix and you can expect how dindustani it looks.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.