[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEED NEWBIE ADVICE DEPOSITING BTC TO BITTREX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: bitcoin_cash.jpg (139KB, 1600x505px) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin_cash.jpg
139KB, 1600x505px
I'm depositing from a paper wallet, dn't underatand the rule about depositting it all or losing it.

I want to deposit into Bittrex, get bch, buy some altcoin, deposit most into second paper wallet that bittrex doesn't the the pvt key to. Without losing any BTC or BCH.

How to do this?
>>
>>2998542
Learn about the tech or you will inevitably get scammed sooner or later with that little knowledge.

Anyways.
Import priv key into Electrum. Send some of BTC funds to bittrex, the rest to another new paper wallet.
Import same old priv key into electron cash, send some of your BCH funds to Bittrex, the rest to the new paper wallet.

Done
>>
>>2998630
Thanks for the reply.

Even Electrum is massively confusing to me, is there a way around this?

Is sweeping it all straight to bittrex safe? Will they give me BCH? Can I send some of Bitrex wallet to my second paper wallet?

I had no idea using the btc would be this tricky. thanks again.
>>
>>2998705
A wallet is only an interface to access, send, receive your coins.
The coins are safed on the blockchain via your private key.

At the moment your private key holds 2 currencies, btc and bch.

You cannot import private keys to bittrex, only send them there by using a wallet.

Electrum is a wallet to send BTC.
Electron cash is a wallet to send BCH.

Bittrex won't give you any BCH for depositing BTC.
But of course you can withdraw any currency anywhere once deposited.

Clear?
>>
>>2998740
Sorry I'm thickskulled, one thing is still unclear to me:
To send money from paper wallet to Electrum, I must send it all. But the BCH has to go to Electon cash.

So

If I send BTC to Electron, will all my BCH disappear? Or do I already have them in separate but identical keys/paper wallets?
>>
>>2998542

You can send BTC (only) to this address:

12Zn5mPHbyc1xdNQmR2n8WfsF14w4HPgC9

It will give you Bitcoin Cash back in your electrum wallet. Make sure you send it from electrum wallet, otherwise you cant claim your Bitcoin Cash..
>>
>>2998783
You can's send anything with a piece of paper.
Just follow the steps in my first answer
>>
>>2999169
Thanks for that it worked I'm on Electrum now

They say not to use Electrumcash on the same device so I downloaded Exodus, and it's tellling me the key isn't a BCH key.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.