[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make choices in /biz/? (Priorities)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 346ASE.jpg (736KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
346ASE.jpg
736KB, 700x1050px
In general, how do you work out what is more important? Like if you're at a crossroads do you pick the job which promises you a steady income today, or do you stick it out with the project that promises a higher ROI in the longterm but will require you to live off bread, and instant coffee for a few months?

If you're in a relationship but she's not very ambitions and doesn't encourage you to excel, do you dump her ass, or do you keep her around because you like her but delineate between your personal life and /biz/ life?

How do you work out what's most important?

>Obviously if I'm on here the most important thing is MONEY, but how do you work out the hierarchy. Most important to least important?

I remember Warren Buffett has his like "25 to 5" goals thing. You write out 25 life goals, and only act towards the top five, and you avoid like the plague the 20 down the bottom.
>>
>>2977963
The one on the right because boobs
>>
File: alexandratikerpuu-04.jpg (136KB, 620x952px) Image search: [Google]
alexandratikerpuu-04.jpg
136KB, 620x952px
>>2978055
I like how straightforward you answer is, I wish I could be that straightforward and clear with the choices in my life.

To go for the breasts or the ass?
To choose the Cabonara Penne or the Eye Fillet Steak?
Wear the Bulgari or Versace cologne tonight?
Buy it on Vinyl or CD?
Read "Ulysses" or "Ada or Ardor" first?
Start a business which will probably fail (muh experience), or wagecuck and save my pennies?
To move to London or Paris to stake out a career, or stay in my own city?
>>
>>2978082
Are you a faggot?
>>
>>2978082
Your reply made me chuckle so you get some sort of an honest answer for that.

I personally am fairly wealthy but value a lot of things over money.
Otherwise you will become a tight-ass and never be able to enjoy those $25 mojitos.
Try to make enough money to live the life you want to but stop there or you will make sacrifices for money you don't really need. At that point it will start eating you up until you become a jewish fag with no friends, family or joy in life.

Financial decisions are difficult because it is often difficult to foresee the outcomes. My advise would be to follow your instinct (after your research obviously) and then follow it through. Keep alternative options open, never go all in. Amd never look back or regret will drive you mad one day. The decision that looks like the right one at that point in time is the right one, no matter the outcome.

Also
>London or Paris
London's dead, it is now Frankfurt or Paris
>>
File: 88060.jpg (232KB, 620x1044px) Image search: [Google]
88060.jpg
232KB, 620x1044px
>>2978218
Glad I made you chuckle! Don't take anything on this site too seriously!

> but value a lot of things over money.
Contrary to my OP, I understand that. Money might be fucking important, but it's just the vehicle that gets you to where you want to be, not the destination.

>Otherwise you will become a tight-ass and never be able to enjoy those $25 mojitos.
So how do you delineate between the simple pleasures that make life worth living that the 'distractions' from getting what you really want?

>My advise would be to follow your instinct
Damn. I have no instincts. I rarely get "gut feelings" about things.

>The decision that looks like the right one at that point in time is the right one, no matter the outcome.
This as time goes on becomes truer and truer. You don't know (at the time) what you don't know.
>>
I set a hard to reach goal and try to move towards it, under the condition that I also enjoy the process.
Also, Max Stirner
>>
>>2978314
>So how do you delineate between the simple pleasures that make life worth living that the 'distractions' from getting what you really want?

Budgeting is everything. Set yourself limits of how much you spend on holidays a year, how much goes into your hobby xy, how much you spend for food / month, how much you spend on drinks on a night out.
Don't set them too tight so you can enjoy your wealth but also set them in a way so your goals are still achievable.
>>
>>2977963
Life is tricky and no one has the right answer for you but try and figure out what's actually important to you (hopefully it's not money). Your probably gonna be ok if you have knowledge and are asking about money because you'd be surprised how many people are retarded when it comes to financial decisions.
>>
File: heather marks.jpg (184KB, 781x1024px) Image search: [Google]
heather marks.jpg
184KB, 781x1024px
>>2978674
>I set a hard to reach goal and try to move towards it, under the condition that I also enjoy the process.
Interesting idea, probably agree

>Max Stirner
Just googled him, if anything I think that nihilistic dismissal of social norms has left me totally bereft of anything to hold onto, no anchor for my values and reality.

>>2978697
But distractions can also be cheap... how much should you indulge? As in time.
For example, I want to learn a new instrument, but should I dedicate the time to that or focus it on my main pursuits? (and What ARE my main pursuits?)

Do I start a side hustle or focus all in on my main hustle?

>>2978736
Thanks for the reassurance... albeit, still got to walk that journey without a map
>>
>>2979527
The point of Stirner isn't very related to nihilism, only in that he rejects a lot of motives. He rejects them, however, on the grounds that they serve only someone or something else. He, insteads, proposes to work in self interest (and if you take care of your family and dog that's certainly also falls under self interest). This rejects nationalism or sacrifices for a god, or being honorable or hard working for the sake of being so. But it's not nihilism, as you still persue your interest abd you can even adopt the above habits for self-interest.
>>
File: 12466398773_e7b082bba4_o.jpg (157KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
12466398773_e7b082bba4_o.jpg
157KB, 1200x800px
>>2979874
Okay I get ya.

Although as I've gotten older I've realized that I have withdraw way too much out of the social norms, to the point where pragmatically I need to now pay lip service to them again in service of, what if I get you correctly, Stirner would call my self-interest.

I just don't have a good perspective on myself, lesser extent my skills (I have a *fair* idea where I'm strong, but I'm weak in so many other areas, maybe no more so than most...), and most importantly which paths and pursuits would actually lead me towards my goals, and which ones are dead ends or at the very least meandering garden paths that are far from optimal.
>>
>>2980192
then, evidently, you must experiment
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.