[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does the future hold for "big data" and related jobs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4353.jpg (250KB, 1338x1142px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4353.jpg
250KB, 1338x1142px
What does the future hold for "big data" and related jobs?
>>
>>2977675
Fuel for AI -> Destruction of all jobs -> Communist faggotry on a global level -> Fuck the human race
>>
Combine it with security (anti terror, anti hacker, risk management, anti theft, anti whatever) and there will be jobs for ever
>>
>>2977677
100% this, humans aren't necessary for the future.
>>
>>2977708
Its no fun being the king ruler master if there are no other humans to order around and look down on. Think abou that...
>>
>>2977677
I meant what is the field's expected growth and what particular specializations are going to be in high demand.
Also, is there an overlap between big data and finance?
>>
Current university students will have many opportunities to work with data/network/security analysis.
School kids will probably get the short end of this stick and will struggle as automation begins taking over, probably just maintaining systems, monitoring performance and the like.
Any babies and people that will be born in the future will likely have golden opportunities with cutting edge biotechnology and whatever else might go mainstream in a few decades.
>>
>>2977819
Yeah, it's called quantitative finance. From what I understand, it involves having an IQ of 150+, having a judo grip on statistics, finance and functional programming, and getting hired by billion dollar companies to write algorithms that make microsecond trades based on logic no one really understands in order to turn a profit of a fraction of a cent per trade.
>>
>>2977675
I can see marketers trying to run simulations of human cognition, basically trying to predict which label you'll buy, which lighting you prefer in the store, which link you'll click without even having to A/B test it. Instead they just plug it into a neural model of the psychographic profile of their customer.

I think it'd be really accurate without taking comparatively too much computing power either, for a super social complicated race we have some pretty simple problem solving mechanisms.

Scary as fuck though. The inverse is already happening with Netflix recommendations and Youtube auto-play: they're trying to preempt your next viewing choices.

>>2977686
But this sounds pretty accurate too.
>>
>>2978180
Not really, it just involves having a master's in math or PhD in math/physics/CS from a decent university.
>>
>>2978180
>implying quants use functional programming
It's all C++, Python, R and MATLAB
>>
>>2979077
Jane street uses ocaml
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.