[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BCC price speculation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2334.jpg (19KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2334.jpg
19KB, 271x186px
By my reckoning, BCC needs to make some significant inroads into BTC price for it to be a profitable venture

Right now, the 0.75 BTC per BCC is loss making.

At current BTC prices, one would need an exchange rate of 0.17 BTC per BCC to be reach a point where it is more profitable than Bitcoin to mine.

The break even point at 0.116.

This is based on several assumptions on the following rough calculators

https://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoincash-mining-calculator/?h=9460.00&p=2600.00&pc=0.10&pf=0.00&d=144323701657.02000000&r=12.50000000&er=0.17&btcer=3271.42990000&hc=0.00

https://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator

I wonder how long the BCC whales will rate before they pump the coin to break even levels, and whether they will push to make it more attractive than BTC to mine.

I dont have a view of total order volume on all exchanges, but its currently around 2m USD to chew through on Bittrex (600 BTC ) at current order book volumes, although lots of bots might not have placed orders yet.
>>
whoops i missed a decimal place.
Right now, the 0.075 BTC per BCC is loss making.
>>
File: Australian.png (17KB, 586x417px) Image search: [Google]
Australian.png
17KB, 586x417px
Hi Bruce
>>
>>2977455
Ok so another clue might be that in 2 days the bitcoin block difficulty will adjust.
https://coin.dance/blocks#thisweek

I wonder if antminers, BTC.com and via btc will move their hashpower to BCH if it becomes more profitable.

Thats about 30 pc of the current BTC hash power.

If BTC block rewards slow down due to a higher difficulty, and at the same time looses hashpower, it becomes less profitable to mine.

All it would take is a whale pump in the next couple of days for BCC and after the difficulty adjustment a hashpower shift.

Then BCC could moon.

It would be really interesting if they could persuade more exchanges to allow for deposits and withdrawals too. That type of announcement would be big news.
>>
File: brucey.jpg (14KB, 350x210px) Image search: [Google]
brucey.jpg
14KB, 350x210px
>>2977531
>>
It'll drop down to a couple of sats. 4 years from now, a chinese whale will pump it to 500 sats before dropping their entire load and flying off to the moon. BCC was never heard from again.
>>
File: CapthcaIsTalkingToMe.png (226KB, 405x572px) Image search: [Google]
CapthcaIsTalkingToMe.png
226KB, 405x572px
>>2977570
You may be right.

What are the odds of Satoshi being an Australian though?

Could it have been Shane Warne?

Time will tell wont it!
>>
My prediction is that the faster transaction times and other advantages means that by the end of the year, at least one major online service/sales website will begin allowing transactions in BCC. Once that happens, a wave of hysteria follows suit.
>>
>>2977615
I predict there is enough incentive for miners to push to a more profitable level than BTC, which would be needed to catalyze that outcome.
>>
BCC will replace BTC.
>>
>>2977604
CSW ?
>>
BTC will choke on its own transaction backlog and huge fees, the next dump that occurs in BTC will drive that cash into BCC causing a cascade effect and the essentially death of BTC aka segwitcoin.

But what would I know, I'm only 100% in BCC right now.
>>
File: toilet.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
toilet.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>tfw still haven't accessed my BCC

i use electrum and don't trust electron cash, are there any simple solutions so far to separate my bcc and btc from their respective wallets?
>>
>>2978122
i didn't trust electron cash either, but it works fine. create a new seed in your electrum wallet, transfer all your BTC to that seed (your btc is save now). now export the private keys from the old seed and import them in electron cash. you should get your BCCs instantly, otherwise change to another server.
>>
>>2978122

The other wallets need you to have a hardware device like a trezor or a ledger, or download the entire blockchain.

So depends on what your plan is -

If you are just going to hodl, you could use another wallet such as exodus or mycelium to separate while you wait to check for community feedback from electron cash, and keep your old electrum wallet for BCH.

I don't recommend using on the same computer as electrum - since the install script will stop electrum from working properly (it overwrites your path variable on linux).

To avoid this, I would suggest using another machine, downloading electron cash and open the wallet after you transferred the coins away.

That would let you trade anyway.
>>
>>2978229
(Separating involves sending your BTC to a new wallet first)
>>
>>2978157
>>2978229
cheers lads. think i'll move from orig. wallet, install electron on lappy away from my pc and do what you suggest (i read the electrum .txt file but was hoping for a released alternative)
>>
>>2977604
It's not Shane fucking Warne.
>>
>>2978247
Make sure you disable 2fa when you restore you're wallet.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.