[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does Bittrex work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 3_big.jpg (183KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3_big.jpg
183KB, 800x1200px
I put in an order for some Antshares yesterday, and the order still hasn't be filled. it's still just sitting under the "orders" tab unfilled.

How does this work? Does it take that long just to get an order filled?
>>
If the condition i.e the price is not met by a buyer or a seller, it won´t be fullfilled.
>>
>>2975440
Post pic of order and I'll tell you what you're doing wrong
>>
It doesn't fulfill until someone has a bid price of your asking price. Hand to hand transactions
>>
Depends on your price. When you list a buy order, if it matches with an existing sell order price, it will fill. If it does not, it will sit until someone places a sell order to match to you.

If the price is 200 sat, and you make an order at 200, and in the time you're making your order there is nothing left at 200 and the lowest sell price is 201, you need to make another order at 201 in order to process, or trust that the price will go back down and someone will match your buy.

The theory is that you put a buy order, the buy price surpassed your order price, and your order got left unprocessed because nobody was selling at that price. And the price hasn't gone down since.
>>
File: 1498516141302.png (440KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1498516141302.png
440KB, 657x527px
>>2975486
>>2975466
>>2975452
>>2975458
Okay so when I try to buy some ANS, and I click on "Bid", what does "Last, Bid, Ask" do?

How do I just match my offer to whatever the coin is listed at on the market? I don't understand Bittrex's interface
>>
Also, how do I use my Bitcoin Cash? It shows I have some in my wallet but I'm not able to use it to buy anything
>>
>>2975511
Last is the last price your coin sold at, bid is what people are willing to pay immediately, and ask is what people want to sell their coin at. It's super simple
>>
>>2975553
oh alright thanks
>>
File: 1467428815047.png (297KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
1467428815047.png
297KB, 480x368px
>he doesn't just put it on immediate or cancel and click buy for the last price like a madman until it goes through
>>
Not OP, but does anyone know how orders are queued on bittrex? Do the first people who put up an order at a specific price get their orders filled first?
>>
>>2975511

Sets your buy/sell price for your order to:
>Last: the price of the most recent transaction
>Ask: the lowest open buy price
>Bid: the highest open sell price

They're decent guidelines for making purchases, but not guaranteed. If the price is volatile, it could change. sometimes, there is a really wide margin between ask/bid prices, like 103 and 107, so it's important to check the order book to see what side is actually processing.

You will make it anon
>>
Let me piggy back on OPs retarded question with this : if you do an order that isn't filled do you still pay the commission
>>
>>2975597
>Do the first people who put up an order at a specific price get their orders filled first?

>I literally don't even know how a simple market works: the thread

The idea is that there are a certain number of people in a market, and each one wants to make a deal at a certain price. buyers want to buy low, sellers want to sell high. Somewhere in the middle, deals happen, and all the order books are is a list of how much people are offering at what price, and how much people wanna buy at what price. Orders are only processed when another person says "yes, I will buy at that price".

Basically there is a very small margin where transactions actually take place, and that margin moves dynamically based on supply and demand. people with millions of these tokens will make gigantic orders to make other people try and undercut them, making them actually not take any risk in lowering the price.
>>
>>2975610

>>2975610

No, you don't. You only get dinged on filled orders, thankfully. Whale sell walls would cut 1% per order. unfilled orders would be lost revenue. Basically a horrible system, this way means there's no risk for whale manipulation

To expand on it, a partially processed order can still be cancelled, the processed part is permanent and has the fee taken already

I didn't realize we needed a QTDDTOT or exchange FAQ for /biz/
>>
>>2975661

Nigger that's not what I meant. I meant if 100 different people put up an order to buy X coin at Y price, and people decide to sell to fill those orders at Y price but only enough to fit 50 people's orders, do the people who put up the orders first get their coins first or does it split it up?
>>
does bittrex execute orders when I am not logged in? Because severals times now my order was not filled over night although I saw it hit the price on the chart.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.