[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1492879661522.jpg (47KB, 667x467px) Image search: [Google]
1492879661522.jpg
47KB, 667x467px
I have access to free power and internet through my campus. They wont be able to tell how much power/internet consumption will be used.

Can someone show me how to use this to my advantage and mine off of this.

I need a good build for ETH mining using mineral oil
>>
>>2970033
bump
>>
the answer to that is literally one fucking google search away.

dont bother, you wont make it
>>
IT Technician in a school here, have access to 25 Pc's with pretty decent GPU's.

Also feeling sneaky
>>
>>2970097
Tbh I have been looking but I didn't really find anything.
You got any links?
>>
Get rx 470/570's, if u cant find those get 480/580's, but if you are willing to wait i would wait for the new amd vega 64 since it is rumored to be amazing for mining, for the motherboard use ASRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0, any cheap celeron/pentium or i3 processor and any cheap 4gb ram stick and ofc you will need 1x to 16x pci-e risers. Also dont cheap and buy a cheap psu, get a quality gold rated one and also find some woodworker to build you the actual frame of the rig. All in all you will be looking at somewhere in the 2000 EUR range for a full 6 gpu rig, that would make around 300 euros a month with the current prices/difficulty
>>
>>2970033
use a vpn just in case. it will cost only a fraction of what you will mine.
>>
>>2970033
>>2970103
Is it illegal to mine on others' comps without their consent? What would happen if the school found out?
>>
>>2970186
It is, that being said if you hide the miners well, there is absolutely 0% chance of being caught
>>
>>2970261
this is fucking retarded advice

>>2970186
there is literally no fucking way of "hiding the miners well" when you fucking mine the power use is going to actually triple minimum.
the power bill will reflect something fucky is going on and they will send someone to investigate.
>>
>>2970033
I wouldn't mine with anymore than a regular gaming rig with 2x GTX 1080s.
>>
>>2970297
Any idea how much I would get outta this?
>>
>>2970274
There are two houses that are just now getting residents moved in. They dont know how much the residents will consume powerwise... wouldnt that help keep my mining op on the down low?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.