[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for a fashion designer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Hello /biz/, my mom has been studying on how to make dresses and wants to shoot her very own product line. She already has models to do the shooting with, but does this board have any tips and tricks for her
>>
Hire a photographer.
>>
Create an ICO.
>>
Marketing is everything. Mastering Social media (Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook) is vital
>>
File: 292948.jpg (104KB, 786x973px) Image search: [Google]
292948.jpg
104KB, 786x973px
>>2968272
She's fucked. Starting a label in anything other than workwear is next to impossible.

>>2968284
this

Nonetheless, if she's doing a photoshoot she should consider a couple of things
>1. Distinctive... don't make it look like every other fashion editorial. Do something interesting, along the lines but not as extreme as Tommy Hilfiger's hangman campaign. Models against a white background doesn't cut it. Sell the BRAND.
>2. Test shoot. Before you take the real photos get your color temperatures, your lighting and all that shit right. Don't say "oh we'll fix it in photoshop" get it to look correct as early on in the process. These are your clothes, you want to sell them at their best!

Other than that she better have a damn good understanding of her customer and how and where she's marketing to them. She needs to know her funnel, her pipeline. She needs to make her online store both easy to buy from, with many payment options - and also super easy to share items on it. Person to Person sharing dominates online shopping.
>>
>>2968272

are you M or F
>>
>>2968402
it's their mom
>>
File: 1486239103245.gif (200KB, 300x243px) Image search: [Google]
1486239103245.gif
200KB, 300x243px
>>2968272
Mind if I save your image, m'lady?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.