[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Current year no hardware wallet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Trezor.png (109KB, 1935x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Trezor.png
109KB, 1935x1512px
Some of us have made some nice gains this year.

Some of those people store those gains on an exchange...

I'm going to put it out there, if you have more than 10000 dollars in Crypto, you NEED a hardware wallet.
>>
hardware wallets fucked me over with this hardfork. if only i left my btc on bittrex i could have sold my bitcoin cash right away. so F off with this hardware wallet shit. as long as you have 2FA and use non-sketchy exchanges like bittrex, you're fine.
>>
>>2966058
>
Just hold it, it is free money.

Otherwise you should have just traded futures until you got your sweet sweet bcc
>>
>>2966058
leaving anything on any exchange is just silly, even if you've never had problems before.
i bought a Ledger nano s once my BTC + ETH totalled just $5k last year, $70 is a small price to pay for peace of mind
>>
>>2966751
I can't even tell how many USBs I've seen die.

What happens when your fancy usb with 100k on it drops dead?
>>
>>2966763
Nothing? You still have your BIP 39 seed that all the addresses are derived from.
>>
isn't a hardware wallet just a shitty overpriced little computer? you could just use literally any random walmart $100 netbook with an x86 cpu and get the same thing, right?
not clear on why you people buy these things
>>
>>2966853
you should buy at least one, they're the easiest way for normie's to get into crypto. It helps everyone here if these are successful and cheaper to purchase.
>>
>>2966880
but why wouldn't I simply use a cheaper and more effective system like an x86 SoC or something
I mean for $100-200 I can literally build a small general purpose computer for this
>>
>>2966888
I just told you why. I don't care if your parents just gave you money for your first rig, not everyone has the time or patience to spare and these make crypto easier to use.
>>
>>2966047
Why not just use a raspberry pi for 35$
>>
>>2966903
>I don't care if your parents just gave you money for your first rig
what does that have to do with anything, seems like you just said something totally random here

sounds like you're just rationalizing a stupid purchase
>>
>>2966910
pi is 10x bigger, no on-screen display (unless you connect one, which costs money), setup required

trezor and ledger : write down seed words, ready to go. fits in the palm of your hand. on-screen display and menu navigation buttons
>>
>>2966888
Because you'd be at the mercy of software vulnerabilities. It would be literally no different than using your current computer as a dedicated wallet except for the fact it won't connected to the Internet as much. And for that reason every time you'll need to wait for-fucking-ever to update the blockchain or use some shit online wallet that requires a seed.
>>
>>2966990
I explained it to you and you were purposefully dense, almost as if you care or want other people to know you can "build" a "computer". Buy one or don't either way I don't give a fuck.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.