[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you lose your F2A forever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 456776563234.png (349KB, 518x484px) Image search: [Google]
456776563234.png
349KB, 518x484px
I have my F2A authenticator on my phone and I use it on all my accounts (bittrex and coinbase)

If I lose my phone how to recover my F2A authentication or am I just fucked?
>>
>>2965637
You're just fucked. I know many ways around that but you didn't even bother to fucking google this question so I'm not going to help you.
>>
when you set up 2FA they give you the private key that the numerical codes are generated from. for some reason nobody ever writes these down. but if you do, you're safe.

if you stupidly neglected to do this, just deactivate your 2FA and reactivate it, this time writing it down.
>>
you can sync your 2fa number generator between your phone and your PC (personal computer)
>>
>>2965649
i would of had to probably read a paragraph or two just to get any useful information out of it, im sure im not the only person here who doesn't know so which is the exact point of a message board in the first place

also I came in your mother last night so hope your looking forward to your new baby brother
>>
when you activate 2fa they give you the damn codes, you're meant to write them down. if you lose them you're fucked
>>
>>2965708
>>2965664
would it be google authenticator or the exhange that gives me the code
>>
>>2965720
the exchange. it appears right below the QR code that you scan.
>>
>>2965729
thanks anon, i have some hash's written next to my btc seed but i wasn't exactly sure where they came from since its been so long
>>
how fucking stupid can you be not to write down your seed?
>>
>>2965756
to be fair the exchanges never make it obvious that YOU NEED TO WRITE THIS DOWN in big red text like they should.
>>
>>2965756
who said i didnt
>>
Isn't your Google F2A linked to your G-Mail account if you're on an Android?
>>
I didn't write down my seeds, no clue you had to do that. I have my phone and it all works but eventually I'll get a new phone. What should I do? Email the site and get a new 2fa seed? Kms?
>>
>>2966341
if you stupidly neglected to write it down, just deactivate your 2FA and reactivate it, this time writing it down.
>>
>>2965779
You're not wrong, as a noobie to crypto the only time I was explicitly told to write down the key was from Parody, and that's not even an exchange. Thank you for asking ive also wondered this
>>
>>2965637
Welp! Time to fap!
>>
>>2965637
Just use Authy and have it on your desktop and phone. They have easy retrieval if you should loose your phone or laptop. Just takes a few days is all.
>>
I really don't get how so many people just don't care about safety with these things, you're either playing with pennies or will fuck up big time in the future if you aren't paying attention and store your info regarding crypto/accounts safely.

It's really fucking stupid to be ignorant about this
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.