[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Next Big Thing(s)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1499563939291.jpg (40KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1499563939291.jpg
40KB, 321x322px
Alrighty boys, cryptocurrency aside, what are the next big advancements in business and tech to look forward to you think will net big cash in the next 10 - 20 years?

Personally, I think

>Mobile banking
>Graphene production
>VR/AR technology
>Personalized healthcare
>AI technology
>Clean energy, specifically solar power
>3D printing
>Anything dealing with genetics
>Smart wearables/health wearables
>Nanotechnology
>Pharma companies as more cures/vaccines get put on the market
>Fresh water/purification as water becomes a more scarce resource
>GMO crops and genetically modified "superfoods"

I believe we will probably see the decline or death of oil and gas companies as more countries start to fade away from them and focus more on clean resources/electric vehicles. What say you, /biz/?
>>
nigga half that shit you listed is already booming
>>
File: 1477693350662.jpg (55KB, 258x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477693350662.jpg
55KB, 258x360px
>>2961560
>clean resources/electric vehicles
>clean
>electric vehicles
>>
>>2961560
lol fuck solar power
photovoltaics are an unmitigated environmental disaster
graphene has already taken off in a big way. post yfw you realized that you should have been buying pyrolitic graphite to sell to graphene manufacturers for 10x profit
>>
Hyperledger
Big Data / Data Science
AR

Short to midterm. Being proficient in any of these areas WILL get you a job.
>>
>>2961624
How are electric vehicles not clean? They don't produce CO2 and destroy the environment/contribute to global warming like gas powered cars do.
>>
>>2961795
Hmmmmmmm, i wonder where does all that electricity is coming from? Hmmmmm
>>
Wearables are dead, even fitbit is leaving the scene. Smartwatches have gone the way of Google Glass.
3D Printing is going to be great for companies to reduce their inventory holdings (think of Amazon Warehouses filled with just raw plastic and cloth, with goods printed right before shipping) but it won't be for a while and not something we can invest in

My big thing is self-driving cars. Invest in anything heavily involved with the production of that like semiconductors. In 10 years everyone will be selling their shitty junker and buying a self-driving car.
>>
>>2961795
How do you make batteries? What happens when batteries get put in landfills?
>>
>>2961795
You are an idiot.
>>
>>2961860
lithium is enviromentally friendlly
else why would have my jewish doctor gave me lithium?
checkmate altrighters
>>
>>2961795
>They don't produce CO2

You're ignoring production process of electric vehicles and the creation of infrastructure to support them, which contribute to global warming. The batteries also have limited lifespans.
>>
>>2961855
self-driving cars will hopefully reduce waste because less people will buy them due to ridesharing. If not, well then electric cars are going to completely fuck the environment
>>
>>2961855
Also this. Anything regarding Semiconductors and microelectronics is also a solid bet. Often overlooked for example is the still ongoing complete paradigm shift in lightening tech.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.