[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please rationally explain why the OmiseGo token was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Philosoraptor.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Philosoraptor.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
I'm having difficulty understanding why an established company (Omise) would decide to create a token, have a presale, etc etc to launch the OmiseGo token. Why wouldn't they just create something in-house instead of manufacturing a token to sell? Do you all think Paypal or Stripe would do something similar? It seems very odd to me. Unless it was purely a money-grab for the few investors that happened to get in on the presale. This projects seems incredibly manipulated and without a real purpose
>>
Its just the Eth token craze. produce a 15 page whitepaper, copy 40 lines of code, make 100 million+. Eth tokens are dumb money
>>
>>2955780
this

all icos are scams. I guess OMG was less greedy and gave a little back to the community
>>
>>2955683
>Can someone please rationally explain why the OmiseGo token was created?
eth assets go moon
>>
>>2955683
Because token sales are unregulated unregistered securities that pull obscene amounts of money with little to no real world use cases
>>
>>2955847
The issue is people are dumping so much money into OMG on the basis of it being a legitimate company (hurr durr McDonalds). I'm just questions Omise's motives for actually creating a token? Why did they need to create one? Purely a money-grab for their management etc?
>>
>>2955869
Idk man. I gave it a glance and was not convinced. I'll be over here accumulating iota
>>
File: omise-team.jpg (219KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
omise-team.jpg
219KB, 1024x683px
Look at this fresh faced bunch.
>>
I don't know what's up with this coin, but I am REALLY glad I dumped my XRP to buy this yesterday.....
>>
File: tfwmosley.png (72KB, 712x512px) Image search: [Google]
tfwmosley.png
72KB, 712x512px
>>2955888
nice trips.
i think i could singlehandedly take out that entire room at once in hand to hand combat like Jet Li in One does anyone else know that feel?
>>
>>2955869
Through OMG tokens, the holder is granted the right to participate in validating the transactions that go through the OmiseGo network, earning validation fees in the process.
they outsource mining and trick you into running their network?
>>
>>2955847
>Because token sales are unregulated unregistered securities

If you bothered to read the actual definition it concerns tokens where the goal is to provide some sort of annuity-like thing. From what I understand the token is used on the network and has speculative value because ti is used and scarce, however, holding it does not guarantee you some dividend or other benefit

Keep that in mind all you "staking" snowflakes
>>
>>2956057
>>2955957
if you bothered reading, jessica, you would see i just explained that.
>>
>>2955957
>earning validation fees

When the network launches they say it will be a function, however, that is not guaranteed and technically optional

I for one am not nerdy enough to care about "running a node" or some CPU-crippling BS but thanks to those that do
>>
>>2955683
it was created to

MOON
O
O
N
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.