[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

eBay Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: ebay-store-logo-vector-download.jpg (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ebay-store-logo-vector-download.jpg
24KB, 512x512px
Anyone still selling on eBay? Or is it dead?
>>
File: memesme.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px)
memesme.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
Did all the third world scammers care away all the legit sellers?
>>
>Sell products family gives
>everything going fine for a few years
>current year
>neckbeards scam to get consoles and PC parts
>whiteys complain about the usage and demand a return
Yeah no fuck selling on eBay that place has turned into a shit hole
>>
>>2946790
>10% Jewbay fee up to $750 total
>2.9% Payjew fee
They eat your profit margin for lunch unless you sell dogshit tier items for 5x cost
>>
>finally snag an item for a good price
>auction looks legit, can't find any duplicate images using google reverse image search
>pay asap because it's such a great deal and I just want to get this thing in my hands
>turns out it's a scam and the seller is being shady as fuck
>ok fuck it i'm canceling
>oh you have to wait for ebay's buyer protection system to arbitrate :^)
>finally get it sorted out three weeks later, get an email describing the fact that the seller's account was compromised (no fucking shit)
>some time later, this entire thing happens AGAIN
ok.jpg fuck ebay, it's the current year and they can't keep a lid on this trash or even streamline the refund process? give me a fucking break

also
>selling something
>pajeet ackmadinejamudhutislamabad bids on my item
>he's in another country what the fuck, I specifically selected US only
>cancel his bid manually
>have to use their shitty 1992-tier interface and explicitly disable bids from countries other than the US
>another account with like 2 feedback and a similar dirt coon name bids on it at the last second
>no payment, no messages
>second chance offer to the second place bidder who at least has more feedback
>no response
fuck eBay
>>
>>2947738
oh yeah, and
>finally sell the fucking thing
>10% ebay fee
>3% paypal fee
>shipping
>now I'm taking a loss even if I sell the thing for more than market value
FUCK EBAY
>>
>>2947737

This
>>
>>2947829
Kek
What a nigger
>>
>>2947844
>>2947829
Although his LinkedIn doesn't look like a guy who'd pull ebay scams
You grinding an axe?
>>
>>2946790
this is still around? I saw a few commercials, on tv, and that's a good indicator that it's failing.

I stopped using this shit because of the god damned chinks; absolute WORSE fucking culture when it comes to doing any business with.

I stopped selling because you actually lose money selling anything on Jewbay. They're literally just like cam pimps, where the female barely takes 50% of what she actually makes.

Add in people who don't know how to read, in addition to the clientele getting dumber and dumber-- it's getting worse. How do I know? Been teaching high school and middle school for 7 years. It's not getting better, and your pool of consumers are going to get worse.
>>
>>2946790
Its an okay way to get rid of stuff you dont want at around market value if its something in demand - video games, coin collections.

eBay in general sucks though.
>too many fees
>buyers trying to scam
>sellers getting old accounts taken and turned into scam seller accounts

Why are so many people so shitty.
>>
>>2947915
>why are so many people so shitty
Low achievers who can't and won't get ahead in life without ripping off contributing members of society
>>
Wow from the looks of this thread it seems ebay is pretty shit. I was just about to sell a bunch of my stuff on there.

What alternatives do you guys recommend?
>>
>>2946790
Is this a fucking low key BitBay shill thread?
>>
>>2948411
what are you selling?
>>
>>2948502
A whole bunch of shit. Mainly video games and camera equipment. I'm gonna try selling overpriced tabletop gaming shit I wasted my money on in middle school too.
>>
>mfw selling fake shit
>was going well until chinks shipped me a shit quality product
>some third word beaner opened a case with JewPal
>JewPal limited my account after one fucking complaint
>can't sell anymore

I'm think of buying stealth accounts and doing it again with lesser risk items
>>
>>2946790

Sold a bunch of collectibles lately, few ground worth and holy shit do they skim off a LOT. They even take off a chunk of your goddamn shipping expense!?

What kind of fuckery is this? Soon they'll be charging me seller fees for every breath of air I take..
>>
>>2947738
>>2947745
What is the preferable platform for online selling?
>>
>>2947738
I'm pretty sure there's a way to manually block certain countries or regions. It's somewhere in the options. Google it

>>2949261
eGay and Jewazon are the most popular. You can't really get around them unfortunately. There's also Etsy but they're fucking shit. They only allow you to sell homemade junk or something.

The only alternative is starting a Shopify store, but most of those fail. It's pretty fucking hard to get traffic and customers
>>
File: 1442951299942.jpg (53KB, 339x481px) Image search: [Google]
1442951299942.jpg
53KB, 339x481px
Seller here: I sold a slightly used prepaid phone there and overall didn't have a good experience.

I bought the phone for $250, used it for a couple of months and sold it for a starting bid of just $50. Over 5 days only got 10 bids with the max one at $64. Finally the auction ended and I got $72 in the winning bid the next day through paypal after they took their 3% fee and shipped the item to the address.

Then I tried to take out the money but paypal told me to go fuck myself and put the money on hold for 2 weeks even AFTER I had sent the piece of shit phone to the address via 3 day shipping and it got delivered.

Finally ebay sent me an invoice of $7.20 in fees.

Total profit from a slightly used $250 phone: $64.80

FUCK
>>
>>2949497
The average eBay buyer is a cheapskate motherfucker now. A few years ago I tried to sell a suit I bought for $3000 that I never wore. Some chink bid on it and it sold for about $100. I couldn't find the buyer's reserve option when I made the auction, so the chink won the auction. I wasn't about to let a $3000 suit go, so I canceled it. Fucking smarmy chink left me negative feedback.

And yeah PayPal pulls that shit randomly all the time.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.