[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when tf do I sell stocks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: NatEmm_GoT-S04E08_2014_06.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NatEmm_GoT-S04E08_2014_06.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
for my 18th birthday my mom bought me a bunch of facebook stock, and now it's been a few years and prices are way higher than it was when bought.

I keep hearing that the stock market is super high now, is now the best time to sell? when am I supposed to know when to sell these stocks?
>>
nobody can tell you for sure, if you feel comfortable with the "gains" you made sell it now, if not wait for it to rise higher but risk having a massive "loss"
>>
Sell now before the tech bubble pops
>>
If you don’t need the money, consider just holding on to the stock until FB starts going on the decline fundamentally, or else until your retirement.
>>
>>2937703
You either hold for the next 30 years or you sell now and wait for crash.

Up to you.
>>
>>2937703
learn about stop loss sell orders.
>>
toss carved animal bones towards the wind
>>
You might get a bit more if you wait, but the last crisis was somewhat long ago (2008) and the next might be here sooner than you like, in which case you would suffer heavy losses compared to the current price.
>>
>>2937703
>facebook in 2017
might aswell sell it all and throw at dgb lmao
>>
>>2937752
what do most people do? do you guys think that facebook's value will dramatically decrease soon? also I am sorry about these questions I don't know much about business
>>
sell
>>
>>2937801
With stocks you have two options:
1) You care about the whole thing and hence try to manage your portfolio etc. hopefully for a good outcome.
2) You don’t care about the whole thing, but you don’t want inflation to wither your savings away either / ideally have a nice bit on top of your savings when you go into retirement. Hence you buy either ETFs or really solid stocks (FB can be called solid for the time being) and just hold.

If 2 doesn’t sound interesting to you, because you wanna die at age 27 anyways or whatever, then sell now and buy a nice car yes.
>>
File: DEcppY2XkAA_vy7.jpg (114KB, 634x582px) Image search: [Google]
DEcppY2XkAA_vy7.jpg
114KB, 634x582px
>>2937801
facebook is a gay platform. it's not cool anymore because everybody's grandma is on it. people arent putting their personal info on there anymore due to concerns of prospective employers snooping on them. no one even reads the ads on facebook and they arent getting anymore effective. mark zuckerberg a weird sperg who is only success ful because he stole the winklevoss twins' idea. it is overvalued so it will go down but know one knows when.

i suggest going into your trading platform and putting a trailing stop limit sell order on it. this means it will automaticaly be sold if if goes down below a certain level that you set. this way if it keep going up you will still have it, but it it goes down it will automatically be sold. you can read up on this on investopedia. com
>>
>>2937882
Facebook owns Instagram too you stupid ass
>>
>>2937703
that's one juicy looking negress
>>
>>2938072
instagram sucks shit too fuckin buttmad triggered FB shill. can't wait til this house of cards collapses and youre left bagholding lol.
>>
>>2938072

Facebook owns snapshot not instagram you dumb nigger
>>
>>2937703
sell IMMEDIATELY

when senate fails to pass tax cut or any kind of reform, the market is going to crash. Facebook is dying off (literally) and we are approaching the year when there are more users on Facebook dying (from old age) than joining
>>
>>2938208
he IS a dumb nigger, but he's right on that. FB own instagram as well
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/030915/how-instagram-makes-money.asp
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.