[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting a job building the wall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1487890841331.gif (298KB, 379x329px) Image search: [Google]
1487890841331.gif
298KB, 379x329px
I live in Arizona and I've been a NEET on-and-off for about 2 years. I recently saw that the southern border wall has been budgeted and seems like it's actually going to happen, and I'm trying to figure out how I could get in on that and make some money. Google didn't tell me much and idk anything about this kind of thing, would it be possible for a regular average Joe like me to just sign up as a laborer for it somewhere? Or would I have to already be a construction worker with a union and experience and all that? I imagine they would need all the able bodies they can but I have no idea.
>>
maybe try talking to an employment agency in the area, they'll probably have some info.
>>
doubt it, it will probably be sourced to some construction company that already has their own workers
>>
>>2937382
most likely.

just find out what company won the contract and put in an application there. They may or may not want some prior experience just depends.
>>
File: 1475216689419.gif (623KB, 255x184px) Image search: [Google]
1475216689419.gif
623KB, 255x184px
>>2937380
>>2937382
>>2937407
Ok thanks. I'll do some research on what companies are involved and visit an employment agency.
>>
it's gonna be a 'virtual wall' (ie, a bunch of half working drones and AI-driven cameras scanning a perimeter), and it's ineffectiveness (due to rushed, shaky tech) is gonna be a huge talking point next election
>>
>>2937468
they don't build em like they used to
>>
>>2937468
here's the info, btw

https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/31/anduril-palmer-luckey-smart-bill-hurd-border/

still early, but i'd be shocked if this isn't the way it goes. for op:

According to its very sparse hiring page, Anduril is looking for “dedicated, and patriotic engineers” who specialize in these areas, which should give you some idea of its plans at the border:

Computer vision
Sensor fusion
Distributed computing infrastructure
User interface design
Optics and camera systems
LIDAR and RADAR systems
Robotics and automation
Aeronautical design
>>
>>2937506
>>2937468
Yikes. Not looking good for me then. I'll still give it a shot but I'm not so hopeful now lol
>>
>you will never build that wall
feels bad man
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.