[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Claiming BCH on mycelium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Ok guys, so I have bitcoins on my mycelium ap, and I want to claim my BCH. I also have a ledger nano s and just installed the bch wallet.

How to do it?
>>
>>2933777
Export private key. Send all your BTC via mycelium to another wallet (NOT another one in mycelium with the same seed!).
Import your private key into Electron Cash. Send your BCH to an exchange that has its deposits enabled.

I would wait a few days though, the BCH chain is currently under a 51% attack and not safe
>>
I just did exactly what you're asking. So I'll help you out. But remember, none of the exchanges currently accept BCH deposits/withdrawls. So it's almost useless to do now.

>1. Transfer your Bitcoin from MyCellium to another new wallet
>2. Wait for transfer to confirm
>3. Download Electron Cash
>4. Go through the install wizard until you get the option to load a private key
>5. Export your MyCellium wallet private key (which should now have 0 BTC on it)
>6. Enter your private key in the Electron Cash key field
>7. Done

You should now have BTC in a fresh wallet, and BCH in your Electron Cash wallet.
>>
>>2933824
thx, what's the difference between exporting a private key vs just sending all the BTC to a hardware wallet? If I want to transfer my coins from mycelium to ledger nano s, can't I just transfer them without exporting the private key?
>>
>>2933884
If you just send BTC from MyCellium to your Ledger then you won't get any BCH as MyCellium cannot make BCH transactions.

So you probably want to import your MyCellium wallet to your Ledger (providing it supports BCH)
>>
>>2933884
A wallet doesn't really store your coins. It only stores your private key and has an interface to send and receive money. Your coins are stored in the blockchain, accessible via your private key.
Exporting and importing your private key is not a transaction. You just save the key sonewhere else, your coins are untouched.
Now, after the split, your private key is valid on the BCH chain and also still on the old BTC chain.
So basically you need to import it into a software interface (wallet) for each blockchain. See above how to do so.
>>
ok thx i will do as said
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.