[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Icelandic Market

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Iceland.jpg (63KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
Iceland.jpg
63KB, 600x425px
Anyone here with experience with the Icelandic market?
I am especially interested in their exports, their hospitality market, and their Food & Beverage market.

What can you tell me about it?
>>
>>2925371
Icelandic guy here. Iceland's biggest growing export right now is tourism, which is ruining the country for the local population. The restaurant business here is pretty interesting, they are more americanized than other Scandinavian countries (They have KFC, Taco Bell etc., which you won't find in Norway/Sweden/Finland). Also more way more obese people than you'd see in those other 3.

Feel free to ask any specific questions.
>>
>>2925437
Thanks m8.
One of the things I wonder is about the average "spending culture" of Icelanders. It might sound like a stupid thing, but it makes a lot of difference when you are trying to do business with someone. I wonder if Icelanders are generally willing to spend and invest money in new business opportunities (like exporting to a new country).
Also, do Icelanders like importing foreign things? Things like buying foreign food, or going to foreign-themed restaurants...

>biggest growing export right now is tourism, which is ruining the country for the local population.
As a Barcelonian Spanitard, I would advise Icelanders to not let tourism take over their economy. Having a little bit of it is okay, but here it almost completely substituted our industries, and depending on it is shitty as fuck.
>>
>>2925521

>I wonder if Icelanders are generally willing to spend and invest money in new business opportunities (like exporting to a new country).

Short answer: yes. Icelandic businessmen were notorious for this leading up to the financial crisis of 2008.

>Also, do Icelanders like importing foreign things? Things like buying foreign food, or going to foreign-themed restaurants...

Yes, very much. And especially American things. You'll see Range Rover's everywhere in Iceland. I.E. the example with KFC and Taco Bell. Dominos Pizza started in Iceland years ago, and Icelandic businessmen have actually gone to Sweden and Norway and started up Dominos there recently (2014). Heck, we even have Costco now.
>>
>>2925567
You could say Iceland is culturally like a mix of Scandinavia and America. It's unique, really. Some people would compare it to Norway, but I've lived in both countries, and they are way different!
>>
tell me mighty viking lord, do i have an opportunity to find a job in iceland as a nigger spic ?
>>
>>2925640
>mentions KFC
Every time
>>
>>2925640
Yes, physical and manual jobs are plentiful. You can easily get a job without any education in a warehouse, fishing boat/factory, retail or in a bar.
>>
>>2925567
>>2925599
Again, many thanks.

My last question to you is even less technical... What's the perception about Spain there? (And maybe especially about Barcelona)
On general terms: our people, food, culture...
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.