[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a stupid question. Right now I have ~2 BTC worth of alt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1492254855922.png (1MB, 2050x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1492254855922.png
1MB, 2050x1036px
I have a stupid question.

Right now I have ~2 BTC worth of alt coins on bittrex. After the fork tomorrow morning, when I trade my alts, will I be trading them for BTC or BCC? I understand that bittrex is converting all BTC to BCC, does that mean that alts sold after the fork will be sold for BTC or BCC?

It's too late for me to sell my alts for BTC and then get them off bittrex, so now I'm just figuring out the best way to position myself. Do I keep my alts, or do I sell them now for BTC and get into tether?
>>
they're not converting all BTC to BCH. Anyone who has BTC stored on their exchange will receive an equal number of BCH. If you decide to trade your alts, you can decide whether you want to trade for BTC or BCH (although trading pairs for BCH may not be available, and you'll have to first trade to BTC, then that to BCH).

BCH is the correct abbreviation for Bitcoin Classic.
>>
>>2919695
should be called BTCH heh
>>
>>2919679
Bittrex might have a market for BTC-BCH. Hopefully they'll add ETH-BCH and USDT-BCH. I doubt they'll be facilitating trade directly between BCH and other alts.
>>
>>2919695
Bitcoin Cash* lol
>>
>>2919695
I still don't understand. You said that BTC stored on bittrex will be converted to BCH, and then you say BCH means Bitcoin classic.
>>
>>2919718
>>2919717
>>
File: 1493346282885.jpg (55KB, 431x340px) Image search: [Google]
1493346282885.jpg
55KB, 431x340px
>>2919724
Got it.

So BTC stored on bittrex will be automatically converted to BCH. You're also saying that it's possible BCH markets will be unavailable, meaning I have to trade my alts for BTC and then trade that BTC for BCH.

To me, it seems like because BTC will be converted to BCH, that could reduce the supply of BTC, and if altcoins depend on BTC for exchange then that could force the price of BTC to go up due to lack of supply, OR it could force the price of alts down since they become less attractive compared to a legacy coin.

My bet is that the price of BTC falls, the price of BCH temporarily pops then falls.

All of this considered, I think I will liquidate my alts now and move to tether, then buy the BTC or BCH dip, depending on how I feel tomorrow morning.

Thanks
>>
File: IMG_2513.png (7KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2513.png
7KB, 282x179px
>tasty delicious simple sandwhich
>>
>>2919743
no problem. good luck anon
>>
trying to hard to be funny by playing dumb, bad thread op.
>>
>>2919764
Fuck off fag
>>
>>2919743
>To me, it seems like because BTC will be converted to BCH
Nothing's being converted, you just get both coins.
>>
>>2919781
Really?

Then why the fuck should I do anything besides hold BTC?
>>
>bought 3 bitcoins back in early june at around 2.4k
>immediately invested them all in shit like Verge, RDD, DGB, and FUCKING BOOLBERRY at ATH
>down like 60% with no hope of recovery when if I would have just held BTC I would be rich
>if I did have 3 BTC I would probably still invest it in other shitcoins like ants and bancor

there is a special type of rope for people like me
>>
>>2919787
you shouldn't
>>
>>2919780
Stop eating shit sandwiches on my board, fag.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.