[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After August 1st

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1501203127814.jpg (416KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1501203127814.jpg
416KB, 960x1280px
Normally: BTC goes UP, alts go UP
Normally: BTC goes DOWN, alts go DOWN

Today: BTC goes UP, alts go DOWN

What gives?

Bear market occurs over uncertainty associated with hardfork. ICO fiasco happens, reducing crypto market cap. Prices drop. Segwit gets locked in, BTC price recovers to near ATH, but fluctuates just under it because of the August 1st hard fork.

Here's the thing: BTC is close to it's all time high, yet ETH and other alts are still unrecovered.

This is because people have been moving there money out of alts and into BTC in order to get BCC. Most I would say think BCC will be low value, and not even Coinbase plans to support it.

That means, current BTC price is the highest it will be, because it is already inflated by the buyers looking to secure their BCC.

If BCC has value, BTC drops. If BCC is valuable, BTC drops by that amount. Either way, BTC will drop because there is no new money coming into crypto like in the last bull run, that was fed by the Ether and ICO craze.

So, what I'm saying is, BTC price is overinflater due to the BCC buy-in, and will drop in price regardless, unless people gain confidence and decide to put new money into the crypto market.

There will likely be uncertainty after August 1st because BCC and BTC may play against each other in the favor of whales, or BTC will win and be at the Marcy of the Chinese software upgrades, while could affect speculator confidence.

Thoughts?
>>
I could care less about BCC myself.

I have a sell order placed at 3 grand just in case.
>>
a lot of btc is out of circulation atm waiting for bcc. people sold their alt bags for some bcc, but they'll be back trying to increase their original alt holdings after having selling bcc on arrival.
>>
I think it's a solid assessment in terms of BTC price.

The universal drop on alts is, as you said, due to people shifting money into BTC to get BCC.

As soon as that goes through, people will be diving back into alts.

BTC will almost certainly drop. Maybe only a couple of hundred dollars though.
>>
>>2914586
or people are betting on segwit being a smashing success and pushing btc past $3k.

hopefully with these idiots forked off we wont have to worry about raising the block size either
>>
>>2914646
it's hilarious how nobody on /biz/ appears to give two fucks about the technical debate and just wants to trade shitcoins
>>
Yep BTC will almost certainly drop but maybe alts will drop further too....remember crypto market isnt really logical, it's just random shit, who the fuck knows what will happen.
>>
>>2914586
That's a good assessment. However, I'm thinking money will pour back. Market was 120b not too long ago.

Plus you have more of Wall Street looking to dig their teeth in.
>>
ETH/BTC volume has decreased though
>>
>>2914731

people are taking their coins off the exchanges and into wallets
>>
>>2914731
Trade accross the board has decreased. Polo has 60% less active traders than a couple months ago. It dipped below 20k users today
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.