[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's literally free money...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Trump.jpg (349KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
Trump.jpg
349KB, 1440x960px
>Have $20,000
>Buy $10,000 worth of BTC
>Short another $10,000 worth of BTC
>August 2nd close both short and long positions at same time (roughly)

Congratulations. You've just gained a free $10,000 worth of BCC (Bitcoin Cash).

Why the fuck are you not ALL doing this right now?
>>
>>2913702
Because Bitcoin is going to get massively dumped and you will lose a lot of money.
>>
>>2913702
Wow, you are truly a genius! No one has ever thought of this before! You better get on it before everyone else beats you to it!
>>
>>2913702
>BTC immediately goes to 4k for no reason, get fucked on the short
>BCC drops to $100 because BTC maximalists all dump asap
muh free money
>>
>>2913707
Can you not fucking read?

If I am long and short at the same time I lose nothing from BTC getting dumped.

>>2913716
>get fucked on the short
Hence why I'm also holding the long at the same time....

>>2913710
Only reason it's not gonna work is because Poloniex lending fees are 3% right now.
>>
>>2913702
Lmao you're going to get raped
>>
>>2913729
How so?

How? If I'm both long and short equally on the position, then I lose nothing but lending fees.

At worst I make nothing but lose some lending fees. At best I make an extra few hundred bucks on BCC.

How the fuck could you lose at this?
>>
>>2913702
This is too complicated for /biz to execute lel
>>
hg
>>
>>2913702

Because the exchanges who are crediting BCC are also debiting BCC, so if you are shorting BTC come fork, you'll owe BCC as well.
>>
>>2913900
Lol says who? Give me a source for your bullshit.
>>
>>2913917
Its true op :/
>>
>>2913917
http://blog.kraken.com/post/1150/bitcoin-cash-and-a-critical-alert-for-bitcoin-margin-traders/

>All Kraken clients holding Bitcoin (XBT) balances at the time of the fork will be credited with an equal amount of Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
>All Kraken clients borrowing Bitcoin (XBT) for margin trades at the time of the fork will be debited an equal amount of Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
>>
>>2913957
>>2913945
But Kraken is fucking shit. Wouldn't use it.

I was referring to Poloniex anyway.
>>
>>2913964
polo isn't giving you BCC when the fork happens dumbass
>>
The only problem is a free $10,000 in BCC is worth $0 actual dollars because not a single person is going to buy this shit lmao.

I can't believe how worked up everyone is getting over this shit, nothing is going to happen except there's gonna be shitcoin #894564533453 now.
>>
>>2913990
That's what I fucking said!

Why is this board unable to read.

I said Poloniex doesn't give BTC. Thus people are holding BTC as long and shorting it on Poloniex at the same time, so their only loss is the lending fees to Polo for shorting.

Then these people will receive BCC from the BTC they are holding long. Whether it's worth anything will be irrelevant.

Why is it that nobody on this board can read?

>>2913993
Right. But on the off chance it's worth $100 instead of $0, that's a free $100. If you were short and long on BTC at the same time, the BTC won't matter to you, at all. That $100 will come from the few suckers (from this fucking board) who didn't figure that out. If it's worth nothing, you lose nothing but the Poloniex lending fees and can pull out of BTC all together unharmed.

I do happen to agree with you that BCC will not be bought by anyone on release though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.