[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ETH Mining worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

thinking about buying a mining rig to mine ETH, is it worth it?

I don't know anything about this shit, so I'm willing to buy a rig with a budget of £5,000 ($6574).

Obv if it's worth it and once i get a better understanding, i'll buy more rigs.

So /biz/ is it worth or nah?
>>
It would be retarded at this point to buy a mining rig. You would never make a return on investment and mining will be over soon enough too. Much better off buying eth directly with a budget of that much.
>>
no we are full, go away
>>
Wait until the switch to PoS, then pick up some some cheap mining rigs and mine ETH ;)
>>
>>2912910
There are so many other coins you could mine, why ETH?
>>
>>2912927
mining will be over?

>>2912939
thanks for the advice but i have no idea wtf any of that means lol

>>2912949
i thought that would be the best? seems pretty stable compared to other alt coins?
>>
>>2912958
>i have no idea wtf any of that means lol
Just buy coins.
>>
>>2912958
mining will be over when it switches to POS. Sometime around the end of the year.

A 130h/s 5 card rig gets me .05 eth a day now but I have 5 eth and counting.

I want to sell my rig before it switches and everyone floods the market with gear. I can make gains on my cards to
>>
unless you are chinese....gtfo, lost all my money and cant take 8usd p day
>>
>>2913036
The first proof of stake will be partial - only one out of every 100 blocks will be proof of stake, rest are proof of work.

Basically it depends on your electricity costs - if they're cheap enough, you can make a decent amount of money. If price appreciates as well, you come out way ahead. Use an online mining calculator, and do your research on components first.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.